1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

L.A Canyons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Phoenix Racing, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

[​IMG]
    I decided to create another track to try out some arid textures for Pacific Coast...
    Instead of a small little circuit...
    I got carried away and I'm creating around 100km² of the San Gabriel mountains high above Los Angeles.

[​IMG]
    This circuit is 42.5km (26 miles) and is some of the roads used by Matt Farah from the Youtube channel.. The Smoking Tire... If you check out his 488 GTB video... These are the roads I'm using :)
    If you watch that video, you'll see why I knew AC had to have these roads...

[​IMG]
    An F1 car can get round all 42km's in around 11 minutes... So it's a pretty fast circuit...
    Also as it's a circuit... I had no trouble getting a ghost car to work :)

Radfahrer, dk78, St3fan and 19 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos LA Canyons goes Outrun Mar 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Matt Farah likes LA Canyons Sep 22, 2018

3. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Like BCC, but a nice, reasonable 2-lane with a wide shoulder? Very intriguing. :)

Phoenix Racing likes this.
  4. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

Very nice track, open roads are something I really like in AC.

Cool avatar!

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Looking forward to try this track.

Phoenix Racing and Kristaps like this.
  6. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Kind of Arthur... Except this is a real place and real roads (ok not laserscanned) also has a bridge and a tunnel. It's a realistic road width and shoulder... This is a lot more forgiving than Pacific Coast because of the shoulder (even without the barriers or road signs at this stage)

Thanks mate... Got to love Assetto for being so moddable that this is even possible to do :)
    If you really like open roads I think you'll like this road, it also helps that it's a circuit...
    The working ghost car should help people learn it reasonably quickly too
    Likewise on the cool Avatar! lol Great minds think a like :)

Looking forward to letting people try this track too mate :) For anyone with similar tastes to me...
    They should really like the fast Upper Big T canyon road... It's a really fast (almost flat out) section with FAST corners.
    I think the drifters will like the 10km section at the end of Upper Big T canyon road... where it goes downhill in almost a slalom section
    along Angeles Crest Highway.
    To me it feels like a cross between BCC, Pacific Coast and a X2 length mountainous Nordschleife.

Here's a google map of the circuit :)
    la_canyons_map_01.jpg

And here's a video of the real roads as used in a Ferrari 488 GTB

Skip to 3mins 12secs for the driving :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Having a play about with the road surface....
    [​IMG]

8. Orne

Orne Alien

Absolutely brilliant !

9. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I'm not trying to cause an argument (and sorry for the semi-off topic post) but what happened to the 'mod track posting' ban that was enforced on this forum? Has it been lifted? Or is ok to post as long as it is in this section? Just curious...

10. I'm also wondering. Personally I have no problems with posts like these, and hope they can stay - but as far as I was aware it wasn't allowed. Hopefully it's allowed, but specifically saying so would no doubt encourage more threads (again, I'd be happy with that), which would probably not be desirable for devs.

Maybe one "Community creations" thread would be fine...

11. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Thanks mate, glad you like the look of it :)

No worries mate, If it's not allowed... It's not allowed....
    But I'm sure someone mentioned before that if it's in the general Chit Chat section it was ok?
    Did I mention that as well as being a track making newb... I'm also a bit of a forum newb? lol
    If I'm doing something wrong surely a moderator could let me know? as you say... It's enforced..
    I thought they banned links to things, because of content ripped from other games?

I have a thread of this track on RaceDepartment anyhow..
    (Which I accidentally posted in the wrong section and it was moved... Like I said... Bit of a forum newb)
    Just thought I'd talk about it on here in case anyone was interested. I've seen threads for other mod tracks on here... If someone can explain what the difference is with my track... that would be helpful.
    So if this goes against any rules that I don't know about...Obviously feel free to remove this thread...

12. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Have you thought about adding some vegitation?

13. I hope this type of thread is allowed, I love to see mod creators getting exposure and motivation on these forums, and there is no difference with this thread or any other mod thread, just that the topic was brought up here.

I just think a little clarification would be nice, so we know where we stand.

Anyway, great effort so far just like your other track, I look forward to trying it out!

14. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Yeah mate... there will be vegetation... But that will be after the tunnel, bridge... reverb.... and when I learn how to get things optimised to a reasonable level...
    From what I've learnt so far, grouping objects using the KSTREE naming convention will help to quite some extent.
    I'm pretty new to making tracks, so it's not going to happen straight away... Trust me though, when you're doing 180mph through the canyons... you won't be looking out for bushes ;) lol

Yeah cool mate, I'm pretty laid back either way... If this isn't allowed here, that's how it is... I'd ask someone if it's allowed if I knew who and how to ask.
    I just took it for granted that it was moderated / enforced on here like RD is... If I'm wrong on anything... My bad.

Thanks mate, glad you're liking it so far... Those Californians certainly know how to make good roads... How the Top Gear boys missed these roads is beyond me.

Talking about looking forward to trying things... I'm looking forward to driving your Transit Van around here lol
    Even though I'm much more looking forward to driving your Focus RS round here... It will be a thorough road test for it ;)

Tibor Sólyom and garyjpaterson like this.
  15. Orne

Orne Alien

16. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Oh yes.. That also looks amazing... I really think that Kunos needs to go on an American road trip in their laserscanning van lol Go on Kunos... you know you want to ;) You're at Laguna Seca anyway...
    I'm sure someone, a sim racing fan... would volunteer to cause a distraction if it takes a while for the laserscanning operation ;) lol

Radfahrer and Orne like this.
  17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Radfahrer and Phoenix Racing like this.
  18. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Thanks for the clarification :)
    If I'd ever post any links it would more than likely be something released on RaceDepartment... Depending on whether it will fit within RD's 300mb upload limit.
    Ah right, is there anyway of moving threads? or does it not really matter?
    Thanks again for the info :)

19. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Some track cameras are done, and multilayer fresnel nm terrain shader... with normal (bump) map...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Testing out the new Mustang... What a car!... It's sweet through the canyons, Will be even better when I add the reverb points.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radfahrer, Orne, Kristaps and 4 others like this.
  21. isamu

isamu Racer

Do you have a ballpark ETA on release?