1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Launch Control

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RelapseUK, Dec 2, 2013.

1. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Hi Devs,

Would it be too much of a stretch at this point to perhaps implement a proper launch control system. Something similar to what most modern, real life, track based racing disciplines use.

Trying to get some of these cars going from a standing start is hellish. I either bog down and then all the power kicks in and spin the wheels and no traction or, I just spot the damn thing and whale-tale off the start.

Clutch control on a G25/27 doesn't give decent feed back about a biting point so this is rather useless other than for changing gear on older cars. I am not saying push launch control across the entire range of vehicle but, in a true effort to achieve the realism you guys are going for (Which I sincerely applaud), apply launch control to those cars that would probably have it in the real world.

Even make it an option for server Admins to enable or disable.

I don't think I have seen a proper Launch Control system in any Sim that I have played (Flaming avoidance: note I did say those I've played).

Just a thought.

mclarenf1papa and DrSmile like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on launch - black screen [Corsair K65 keyboard blocking directinput control enumeration] Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Physics Ferrari 488 Launch Control - How does it work? Jul 24, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Asseto Corsa Launcher sttoped in controls Apr 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Launch control button missing in mapping buttons Mar 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions 2-Step/Launch Control Feb 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Build 5 - Launch control Jan 17, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa launcher freezing in controller settings. Dec 23, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Launcher and content manager freeze on controls screen Nov 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Launch control Dec 18, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Car launch control Aug 9, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Launch Control possible? May 13, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Launcher won't launch. No crash log created. (solved: update Xbox controller firmware!) Mar 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Will there be launch control in ac? Sep 1, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Launcher crash [when accessing controller configuration after sim session] Jul 23, 2014
    Chit Chat Room It's going to be implemented the launch control? Jul 21, 2014

3. That looks just like a "Snipercat".

4. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

You know what? I have had that avatar since I first installed Steam to buy Half-Life 2 in around 2007 ish. Probably time to pop a new one in there :)

5. Bracinjo

Bracinjo Rookie

There aren't that many (if any) FIA licensed competitions that allow any sort of traction control under which launch control falls under. F1 cars are massively powerful and yet traction control is banned. Getting of the line fast and clean is up to the driver skill.

6. ViruTypeR

ViruTypeR Gamer

And what about have the option for street cars that really have it? Not neccesarily to do the steps of each car, only a button that activates that system

Shaddix likes this.
  7. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

That is all well and good IRL when you have all the mechanical sensory input and feedback from the car, all the participants are using the same input devices and most driver skill levels would be of a comparable level. But, an open simulator by it's very nature will lead to players using various input methods (Some due to preference but mostly down to budget) and hugely varying skill levels.

As I said previously, allowing server Admins to moderate preferences for their server is something that could be worked in along with all the other rules for that server. As for playing in an offline competition should that not be your choice along with using any other driver aids?

I have quite a busy life and only get a few hours a week to practice and play. Should I be penalised because I haven't been able to get enough wheel time to practice starts against someone who has many more hours to spare? The level of purism you want to achieve should be your choice.

8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I don't want to sound arsey but, yes. I don't have a lot of free time to play either but one thing I do practice (in other sims) is standing starts. Gaining 2 or 3 positions at the start can put a psychological dent in your opponents ego which you can use to your advantage :)
    It's always worth practicing ;)