1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let us customize steering lock

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by gnr_tb, Dec 21, 2013.

1. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

Hi
    I think customizable steering lock will help drivers a lot. For example for me the 599 is way too sensitive under the default steering lock and its 720 degrees limit. Setting the lock much lower would be awesome, as I don't even use 50% of it for the tightest hairpins, and just allow me to get the exact sensitivity I want from every car (or change it to always have the same sensitivity from all of them).
    Another thing is allowing us to drift every car. This is the only thing holding me from drifting the 458 properly with nice angles for example.
    A nice implantation will be if it comes with a customizable steering wheel lock, allowing 900 degrees on cars that don't for example, and letting us see "wheel sensitivity" parameter which will be the steering wheel lock, divided by the steering lock, to let us match the sensitivity of different cars easily.
    I know this topic might raise its realism concern - but hey this is just an option you don't have to use, and some will really love this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions obligé de faire un tour complet sur la nordschleife Friday at 6:33 PM
    ACC General Discussions My Open Letter For ACC Jan 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have to post before it lets me download Dec 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Chevrolet Corvette GT3 Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! - The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed... [obsolete entry stuck in menu settings - resolved] Apr 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Complete Game Freeze after 2 hours of running [Fanatec driver memory leak] Apr 2, 2022
    ACC Gameplay GT4 AI backmarkers don´t let me pass. Mar 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5/XSX Ambiance Sound completly missing Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes completely [complete log attached] [GPU crash] Jan 15, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Please let me ask in the other forumsssss Dec 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Lap Times Not Deleting? Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats not being deleted Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.8 has completely ruined playing with a gamepad Nov 25, 2021

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am already using custom racks
    from 520'-360' (locked virtual wheel of course)

4. Horus

Horus Alien

I find most of the cars have a nature towards oversteer, we need to be able to change the steering ration in garage. I prefer much more understeer and have dialed as much understeer in as I can, with the wheel settings, but it is still far from perfect. Please give us steering ratio manipulation, the same with brake and throttle gain for each car in garage (where applicable, remember some heavily tune their street cars. So some options need to be opened up across the board), please Dev's. :D

5. Steering lock is a car specific setup issue, even irl so I see no concerns for realism...

6. assetto-G

assetto-G Gamer

+100

7. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

Well irl every rifle has a different weight and such, yet you want to match your mouse sensitivity between different FPS games so all of them have your favorite sensitivity.

8. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

why do you want to force a setting which is not available irl? on the 599xx you have very limited setup options, so it could be hardly changed

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    This was already discussed a long time ago in the early "TP" days. :)

Kunos already said that "car setup" pages would be refined and tweaked over time.
    None of the car setup pages/screens are of an absolute final form yet. ;)

10. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. I'm not against a steering lock in the setup if that is what you were thinking. On the contrary... I use quite different values for steering lock for the same car depending on track and the rest of the setup.

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

My custom steering locks, virtual steering wheel locked, obviously
    Only car with realistic steering lock is Formula Abarth
    [​IMG]

12. Silly me just doing what Aris told us: Set the wheel to 900 degrees and forget it.

13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Just tested 900 in the profiler, 900 in the game, and I get ridiculous deadzone in cars that don't have 900' IRL - Formula Abarth, L49, all the race cars, 458, 458 s3

Steering wheel sill goes full 900' degrees in all the cars

14. Strange, no deadzone here...to each his own just not sure how realistic a street car with 400 degree rotation is (not that that is what you are using Kristaps, just that I have seen people using values like this elsewhere.)

Backmarker likes this.
  15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

How much steering lock you get in cars like Formula Abarth or Ferrari 458 s3? full 900 or less? because non of those cars have 900 IRL

16. The game sets the steering lock for you...you can physically turn the wheel more than the game reads but you can tell it isn't doing anything.

3316V likes this.
  17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

This is the deadzone I am talking about, totally f***s up the driving experience, especially If you go sideways, you turn the wheel but nothing happens.

18. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

If you set 900° in driver and 900° in game you will get the real steering ratio for all cars that have 900° or less irl. Your steering wheel and ingame steering wheel rotate 1:1. As Michael says, turning the wheel more than the real car has will just be ignored by the game.
    For cars with more than 900° rotation, e.g. 1080, the 1080 will be compressed to 900°, meaning the wheels don't rotate 1:1.

Kristaps, I don't think the deadzone has something to do with 900°. Are you sure it's a deadzone? Does the ingame steering wheel move when you turn your wheel around the center?

Edit: Btw. I think a custom steering ratio in car setup would be good, especially for users with wheels with lower degrees of rotation. And I think the devs said they are working on it. With my 900° wheel I would like to have a more direct steering ratio for some road cars, especially for drifting.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  19. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am speaking about the cars who has less than 900' (tatus, l49, all the race cars, 458, 458s3)
    Test your self, get in the game press F5 for better view, and start turning your wheel, and see what happens

20. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Works absolutely fine, just tested with 458 S3, no deadzone at all, every movement also moves the wheel.

Backmarker likes this.
  21. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

if this is the problem, instead of modifiyng steer lock it would be good to have an effect from ff simulating the limit of the steering degrees.. but i guess a lot depends on the aviable power

mclarenf1papa likes this.