1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jun 11, 2016.

1. EPR

EPR Rookie

Those controls are only visible from the cockpit. Unless there's some other method e.g. keys? Then you can't.

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Just hover your mouse to the bottom of the screen. :)

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I agree - even to the point that I probably value the forum access more than the actual Racing service; it's really superb for information and buying / selling Sim-gear.

norbs, David Dominguez and Andrew_WOT like this.
  4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

What Andrew said, just move your mouse and the controls come back up.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  5. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

yea competition. jerks who wreck you for no good reason! who'd sell their mom for a win no matter how they get it.

6. P Gora

P Gora Gamer

IMO iRacing is expensive... But it gives me better feeling of real racing. AC has better ffb, but feels to easy on the limit. For example has too large time window for countersteering to avoid snap oversteer. Even in PC1 you have to be faster and more precise with your reactions. IRL it's no so easy with rwd as in AC... But not too comunicative ffb in IR is also a problem for me and spins sometimes just happens. Car engines sound are better in IR if I had to choose but tires in AC. And yes - you do hear your tires screaming IRL during the fadt drive on the track. Multi is way better in IR - so many full servers with people close to your skill or little better. Gr8 online code. The accidents can happen everywhere that's for sure. And replays or tv transmissions - looks better in IR. I'm not so sure why but my friends which are not in simracing say the same. Looks more like IRL. Maybe it's a matter of suspenssion and how it reacts on the road bumps or maybe it's natural colors and lighting and how tv camera works... But AC has a gr8 moding scene! It's much less expensive and still has a lot to offers. Ffb is very nice, the graphics, and still quite nice physics. That is what I think about these two products in short ;)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    snyperal likes this.
  7. EPR

EPR Rookie

Erm, just remembered that not everyone is in VR. In VR, from the chase view (F5) you can actually see the mouse and replay controls floating in the cockpit - but they're a little too far away to operate. :) We need something else.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  8. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I just got back to iRacing after a long break.

Those guys sure are in the "harder is more realistic" camp! I've had more unexplainable spins in the weekend than I have EVER had in AC. The Lotus L49 has to be set up so safe it's embarassing to be able to keep it on the track at all. The FFB is just random jerks on the wheel. The Skippy's FFB needs to be lowered to a third for it not to clip the hell out of my 25Nm OSW. That's saying something. It literally can't shift gears while turning, if I loosen the grip on the wheel it rips out of my hands. 25Nm is quite a lot, and the sim is asking for way more.....

I really like some aspects of the sim though. The rocks thrown up by cars close in front is a very nice touch. The tearoffs on the visor as well. The service itself is great, I really enjoy it. The safety rating really bring out the "fear factor" quite nicely.

snyperal and Kristaps like this.
  9. The L49 is quite bad. As in "waaaay too grippy" bad. Its not hard to drive really... just brake early.

10. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yeah, my gripe with it is the fact that the FFB wants to rip the wheel out of my hand randomly with many cars. There's so much bump steer and so little suspension load feel I hae a hard time getting comfortable. Other cars are better, but they still lack grip past the optimal slip angle, making driving on the limit harder than it should.

11. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

So the Worlds Fastest Gamer competition has been announced on iRacing, along with a promotional discount during the competition. For anyone wanting to dip their toes into iRacing and get some decent tracks + the latest F1 car, now's the time to try it out.

http://www.iracing.com/wfg/

12. chakko

chakko Alien

I did some races in AC online today, after some weeks of driving iRacing exclusively online. Let's just say that... iRacing is more competetive, and there's not loads of wreckers too. ;) Which is a shame, because i totally agree with what Mathieu wrote in the post you quoted. AC is so superior with the feel on the limit. But, frankly, you have to admit that the quality of driving is just much better in iRacing. Dunno why AC attracts so many newbs and wrecker drivers. Racing on SimRacingSystem is very different to public servers though. But not nearly as crowded and competetive as the Skip Barber series in iRacing, e.g.

But then, i don't expect it to be. iRacing is totally focused on online racing, and the official service. AC can't do that. Nor can any other sim. And, let's face it. Most people drive iRacing for the online racing, not for the physics or FFB. It's OK in that regard, nothing more, nothing less. There's been much improvement, and work though, and, i have a feeling that we will see rain and wet races there very soon. Something i sorely miss in AC. And which, to be honest, is a massive bummer that the devs say it will never be implemented in AC (1). Especially considering that there was rain in netkar Pro, and that the implementation was quite good actually.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  13. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

Just jumping in here real quick to say - they most certainly do! It's not much, but it's still there.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  14. Yep, I had bad info; I see that it is still up to $10 a season in credits.

Bill Wiskins likes this.