1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

It's not weid if you can do it fine in your real car and not in the simulation, the clutch pedals are completely different, you know that (maybe unless you have a clubsport) any clutch pedals made for simulation starts to work with the very first movement of when you release it while the real car (as you know) have a kind of "deadzone" and 3x times more travel, I hope you are making your conclusions with these factors too

EDIT: I aggree with speeddrifter, I don't really like that kind of automatic handbrake, it makes driving at super low speeds very weird (maybe a checkbox to enable/disable it?)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    CheeseDanish likes this.
  2. but isn't that some engineer's fault tho? I know drivers have a say on what to put on in F1 (sorry FIA for writing F1.. in case you are reading.. I meant the one on the keyboard of course).. but they do it with a huge amount of info and warnings from engineers I suppose. And in the remaining 99% of racing series, the drivers have basically no input whatsoever.. if an engineer calls a pad/disc/air unsafe that's the end of it.
    Is it really the right thing to do to add this amount of burden on a driver in a videogame?

3. Yeah, the problem isn't really with the pedals, the main problem the the revs dropping very quickly even when moving the clutch incredibly slow. Like the in the video I posted above, you can keep the throttle steady at a low rpm (1500 or so) without having to compensate and give it more gas when lifting the clutch.

CheeseDanish and Kalamede like this.
  4. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

engine stall, but if someone has only two pedals? Like DFGT or T300rs or T150

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I voted false start/engine stall, but Stefano, that would also meaning having the penalty system revised?

6. a false start will probably trigger the system to put you in pits and keep you there for 20-30 seconds.. that's the easiest way to deal with it and the one that we used in netKar.

7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I believe its largely track dependent and driver dependent Stefano (in terms of F1). Canada is always a track where the brakes suffer in F1 simply because there are so many large stops from high speed. I do believe they ramp up the cooling and even use different pad materials for such tracks, but even then it doesn't always solve the brake issues. Its not always cooling issues either. Often you will see brake dust pouring off the cars just after a few laps, which I would think is just excessive wear. I seem to recall the 2015 Williams doing it in last years race.

8. so you think that the drivers that make it to the end of the GP do it by "braking less"? I am not sure (I know nothing about it TBH.. it might be possible with modern brake by wire systems but how about older cars?) this theory is valid... I still think the ones that end up with exploding pads do so because some engineers screwed up.

9. Suntti

Suntti Gamer

Engine stall got my vote, I'm kind of hoping that it will also include automatic clutch for paddle shift cars that have it in irl (Audi R8 V10 Plus for example).

10. Paddle shift cars already have built in auto clutch. Correct?

I would imagine they would have auto clutch auto enabled just like they do now.

Kyo and Cefa like this.
  11. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Even if only 1 of those features in the poll gets added to the game, that is 1 more than we had before and very much appreciated. The prospect of having a handful of those added to AC gives me goosebumps.

The willingness to seek some thoughts from the community and gauge excitement for particular features is quite a nice gesture and only continues to further the notion that Kunos really does value their customers and implements many things the community is interested in :)

Thanks for all the work to continually improve AC and make the overall experience more of a pleasure with each update. :)

12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Voted false starts and engine stalls.

I have this wish for a while now and i'm sorry i'm throwing this in here, just a curiosity if that is possible or maybe as a mod. A WALKING mode, where you can walk through the tracks from first person, like from any other first person game, maybe even see your feet and arms. This would be awesome for me, a great way to get to know the tracks and admire them.. I know i have the F5 (spherical cords) and i use it while taking screenshots, but it's not exactly this.
    Sorry for OT, would just like to know if it's doable and how hard it is.

claudiopolez and Topuz like this.
  13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

If they encounter braking issues there is the practice of "lift and coast" (which is also a fuel saving measure). However I am not a race engineer so yea, I couldn't really comment on what the overall cause of a pad explosion would be, could be defect, could be wrong car setup, could be driving style.

Often you do get to hear driver radios and the engineers say "front brakes are a little hot", which I guess would mean that the driver either has to wind some bias to the rear or do some lifting.

It all depends on the racing discipline I guess. It wouldn't be so critical for a 20 minutes touring car race, but could be a factor in a 3hr sportscar endurance.

quakeguy likes this.
  14. Suntti

Suntti Gamer

Atleast for me it doesn't, if take the R8 onto track and engage first gear without clutch it stalls

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Dream1979 and Kalamede like this.
  15. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I chose to vote for VR-support even knowing I won't be able to get one in years. I see it as a future of gaming and very immersive and point-on equipment for racing simulators.

What comes to brake temps, it would be a nice feature in racing cars (GT, F1 etc.) which actually are designed to handle that heat. I would hate to have overheating brakes on street cars "because now it's like IRL" and not be able to push the car for consecutive laps..

pumpkineater23, Sko Sko and ears like this.
  16. Not quite the same I guess, but use F7 for 'drone mode'

Epistolarius and Kalamede like this.
  17. william1141

william1141 Simracer

for me it is ''Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation'' i know this sounds stupid but since we have actually quite some street cars that definitely have more chance to overheat than actual race cars that would be a cool feature to me.

my second option will be ''False starts/Engine stall'' since ofcourse.. yeah it would give some really cool immersion of failing the race when you start too early XD

my third option would have been the ''brake temp simulation'' I will laugh to see some people fly off the track (including myself) because their brakes overheating from too much braking :D

the rest.. could wait, for me atleast.

Kalamede likes this.
  18. dannaz

dannaz Rookie

Definitely brake temps or VR, for me personally I voted for VR but brake temps might be more relevant in the short term.

Epistolarius, Sko Sko, VRMilk and 2 others like this.
  19. iVG

iVG Alien

It's not about finishing 50 laps GP, it's about going around the issues of brake fade, anticipate it and react to it properly. Just like the tyres. We can't say someone ran out of rubber because their engineer screwed up ^^ It's a conscious choice that we make, putting the soft instead of the mediums in the hope that we 'make it' to the end. That's especially true with tyre model 7. Had some cracking GT2 races yesterday, trying to keep the super softs together for 5 laps on nurburgring GT.

Same goes to brake management (hence I'm talking so much about brakes that you could almost tell it was my choice in the poll :D ) , a simple brake duct setup option for race cars would enhance the gameplay greatly. Tracks like Monza would be a nightmare. Imagine braking for T1 with worn soft tyres and cold brake after the main straight? Well that's some cracking sim stuff that AC deserves! Imagine also taking your chance with a smaller duct to keep the brakes hotter for T1 but overheating for the rest of the track? No problem! It's your choice, same like aero and tyres. AC simply needs this!

20. sigh.. netKar PRO was such a visionary software.. way ahead of its time :p