1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lotus 49 slower after update?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Klaus Ellenbrand, Nov 23, 2013.

1. I drove the Lotus 49 at Monza Historic after the update and had a hard time reaching a 1.27.9
    My previous PB was a 1.27.1

Is the car supposed to be slower after the update or am i missing something with the setup? I noticed that the ARB changed after the update. The car seems to have more grip in faster turns and slightly less topspeed.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    Chit Chat Room AC only loads magione and lotus elise SC... Jan 3, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whatever i choose it brings me only Lotus Elise and the Magione circuit. Please help! Dec 22, 2020
    Screens & Videos Opel Speedster and Omega Lotus on Assetto Corsa Oct 30, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Error Lotus Elise SC, in Magione Sep 26, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC only loads lotus and magiore every time Sep 4, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus 98t Driver Suit Jun 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 98T Trail braking and downshifting with GTeye springs May 20, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Lotus Challenge @ Netracingeurope.org Nov 9, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa :: Lotus Type 49 @ Feldbergring :: Hotlap Oct 28, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Missing original cars in game (Abarth, BMW, Ferrari & Lotus) Oct 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lotus Type 49 Setup Help Jul 31, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck with default Lotus Elise SC and default track in 2h practice when trying to start any racemode May 25, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Setting up a Server - Does not like LOTUS Mar 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 2 Elevel setup Mar 3, 2018

3. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Actually I heard the same and came here to ask about that too.
    Somebody can confirm?

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

It might be a tiny bit slower yes

5. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

More I test Lotus 49 on Monza 66, more I think it's almost 1 second slower!

6. arekdbz

arekdbz Gamer

How?! I guess it is not my kind of car. I've put something like 30 laps and best I could do is some high 1,30... I have no idea how to drive it. But I am very fast with other cars though.

7. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

It feels faster but laptimes are slower. Mind you I'm not a whizz with it, but managed a 1m30.3 on my first outing (after only 2 laps). Pb is only a 29 something. 27s!!??? Used to be able to do 28s in GPL....guess I need to practice more

8. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1 for faster lap times

after update it was back to 0, so I put it on 1 and was about a second faster.

Patcha likes this.
  9. TheDyingScotsman

Someone needs to explain this.......is this helping you be faster or you think it actually makes the way the engine works in time, different?

This is a real concern. You can't just post stuff like that without an actual explanation!

bluenote10 likes this.
  10. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

well that visual lag is less so that might help a bit, but a second faster??

zonda at mugello from 44's to 43's....

11. TheDyingScotsman

Yet latency to 1 is slower than 0....AMD card? Nvidia cars are supposed to work better on 0 (you should put your specs in your sig btw)

12. john Dolan

john Dolan Rookie

Hi Klaus I just read your post so tried a few laps and id say its now a second a lap slower than original build m8.

13. Hey John :) Yep, it is close to a second slower. Unless i find something with the setup i am stuck now with 1.27.8. But the car feels great, i could drive this thing all day :)

Really great job from the AC Team!!

14. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Ok, let's try it!
    I hope it works!
    A free second faster is a great thing!

Even if I must confess it would be great to be sure all people drive at same conditions when multiplayer will be avaible!

15. TheDyingScotsman

I highly doubt that setting could possibly make you faster. Perhaps some issue with frame rate which this helps solve and therefore helps drive smoother etc...but it has no bearing on how fast you can go. If the sim was that easy to manipulate it would be a poor job.

16. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I understand, but smoother or not, if with the same commitment I get 1 second faster, it's a free second, for me.

17. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Well... ok... it changes nothing to me...
    Maybe the game is smoother, but it doesn't help my lap time. :(

18. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Did you think that you will be 1 sec faster with a changing this parameter? :)
    I would say that the Lotus`s speed is the same as in the previous version, maybe they changed the game`s clock or something.
    I would says its about 0.5sec slower now.

19. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I thought this parameter changed with patch, and so putting it back would make me recover lost time on lap.
    But seems it's not like that (for me, at least).

Anyway I surrender... seems I'm unable to go lower than 1.30.6...

20. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Sure you can. Keep on trying (when hundreds of laps driven with not even looking at the stop watch, then you will be fast). Just drive.
    So far Im only on 1.28.7 (still slow and far from a clean lap). I only did some long stints (of 30 laps).

21. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Dunno... I tried everything... but I can't break later, I can't accelerate ealier, I can't make the car drift, I can't heel & toe, I can't setup (I tried to lower a bit final gear, but gained only 0.100s! Dunno even what else to do)!

Now I'm just gonna try Formula Abarth on Vallelunga...