1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lotus Evora GX Tire Selection

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Empty Box, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Simracer

Perhaps a physics "bug" or issue but maybe one of the Kunos guys can explain why it's not because it very well may not be anything at all.

The Lotus Evora GX is the Grand Am GX (A class that ran in 2013 only) spec version of the Evora. As such, it should ride on the famously garbage Continentals that every Grand Am car uses.

Adding fuel to the fire, the one included skin for the GX is the Alex Job Racing car they fielded in ALMS GT (in other parts of the world known as GTE, formerly GT2) - with tons of Yokohama decals on it, and Yokohama tires. I know the tires are just a texture so no biggie, but I'd like to mention that oversight, or get confirmation that it's not actually on GT2 spec tires but rather the correct Continentals. Call me crazy, but it really does feel like the GX outhandles the GTC - I'd have to do more thorough testing, but IDK.

The Evora GTE (the race car, not the street car in AC) should have GT2 tires - that is the car that Alex Job and Jet Alliance ran, which is further upstream of the GTC, let alone the GX.

Yes I realize they are just tires, but racing a GX car anywhere but Grand Am makes next to no sense at all because they always had unique specs that were illogical - case and point the current Tudor series with the Porsche 911 GT America. It exists no where else but here.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTE Strange Behaviour Mar 1, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions BUG - Lotus Evora GTC Upshifting Sep 4, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTE side windows are darker than windscreen Aug 14, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora S Rim Logo LF mirrored Aug 10, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTE (carbon) stitching on seat + no shading on interior + rim colouring Aug 10, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTC external sounds too low Aug 5, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues minor error Lotus Evora GX Jun 7, 2016
    Screens & Videos Lotus Evora GX Cup May 17, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lotus evora tire temperature May 17, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room F1SR Lotus Evora GTC league starting 03/05/16 May 1, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Downshifting sound Lotus Evora GTE Apr 19, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Hands on Lotus Evora GTC Mar 7, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Body Shadow - Lotus Evora GTC & GX Jan 29, 2016
    Liveries Request: lotus evora s f1 gp edition skin? can someone make me one? Jan 19, 2016
    Liveries Logitch g skin. (lotus evora gte) Dec 31, 2015

3. *used :p

4. As far as I know, the GTC runs on GT3 tires, while the GX runs on GT2. Those more experienced please correct me if Im wrong, but the thing is that modelling tires is a league of its own and tho we wont get a specific Continental or Pirelli and are limited to what we currently have, to have all the versions that we have now is already a great feat of a very dedicated dev team.

5. The GX seems to be on the same tires as the GTC. Deffo not GT2 tires though.

6. Its not that Im inventing this out of thin air, its written in the description:

Gx.jpg gtc.jpg

7. Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  8. And I was basing my assumption that GT2 tires have 5 different compounds, while the GX only has three....

9. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys I'll be offline for some days with only phone access. Please remind me to check when I get back online because there is some confusion in the original data. We can fix that together, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. We'll do, Aris, we'll do! ;)

I just hope the GTC will stay as fast as it is.

By being just a little slower than the GT3 cars (at least that's my impression so far @ Nürburgring) it could be a great alternative to GT3 cars in really long distance races (assuming the MP will allow that later on).

According to some quick calculations I made the Lotus has a way better milage over similar cars despite having a smaller gas tank (roughly 25% less fuel consumption per lap vs. just a 13% smaller gas tank volume). [Hope I remember the figures correctly from yesterday tho :rolleyes::)]

That advantage could easily make up for the tiny bit slower lap times when it comes to proper endurance sessions with multiple pitstops. :D

11. Aris, do you still have this on your radar? :)

Sebastian Wolff likes this.
  12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nope, thanks for reminding me. Ok so, let's fix this.
    Lotus gave us data for the main car, but for series details they tolds us to ask the teams that run the cars in their respective championships and they are not replying back. So I need your help guys.

So, the GX car should have the "continental" tyres. Do they have different compounds or just a fixed one? The GX car has no electronics like ABS and TC right?

The GTE car should have GT2 tyres but with electronic aids?

I need more info and as much details as you can get guys. We can continue this here or in PM if data you know are sensible, let me know.

Thanks in advance

13. either car, gx and gtc from what i've read, they don't have abs and tc, but maybe it's only for the GTC according to this, which is what can be found googling (sorry).

"Hot off the back of unleashing its Evora GTC racer, Lotus Racing engineers have been honing the Evora to meet the requirements of North America's legendary sports car series, the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series.
    Later in the 2012 season the Evora will race under the Rolex Series' GT rules as GX rules begin in 2013. With the Evora GX, the driving experience is even more pure, and the beefy body kit is even more aggressive.
    McMahon Raceworks with Condor Motorsport have placed an order for their Evora GX, and the team led by David McMahon with Armando Trentini as lead driver and consultant, will enter the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series.
    Like the GTC, carbon-fibre doors, roof and engine cover have replaced the SMC and RTM composite panels of the previous evolution GT4 Enduro, and Plexiglass replaces the polycarbonate windows in order to trim yet more weight off what is already a very light car. At 1,150kg, it tips the scales at just 10kg over the weight of the GTC model, despite being fitted with the much thicker US-spec roll cage
    There are aerodynamic changes too, with a new front splitter and front bumper, and the standard Rolex Series rear wing which, along with the car's wide wheels and flared arches, give it very mean stance. To meet other series requirements, ABS and traction control have been removed, putting more emphasis on driver skill.
    There's also a new fuel filler system, Continental tyres, and yellow headlamps in order to tick all the race series specific boxes. The 4-litre V6 continues to pump out 440bhp and 440Nm of torque, linked to an XTRAC six-speed sequential paddle-shift. The GX is priced at $335,000.00 and will be built to order."
    [​IMG]
    http://mostcarseries.com/2013-lotus-evora-gx-review/

i guess the confusion may come from the GTE version in assetto corsa, which is a road car version but there's a GTE which races in GT2 series:
    "Complete with a V6 Toyota Cosworth engine and weighing just 1245kg, the Evora GTE has been designed for GT2 and international endurance series around the globe."

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  14. Or maybe i got all wrong. Just did a quick search. Gt4 , gtc, gx is all very confusing to me

Sent from my GT-I8190L using Tapatalk

15. Confusion may also come from the fact that there's a GT2 livery on the GX o_O

16. As far as I know was the GX from the GTC. Adapted to the rules of the Rolex Series GT. As Leonardo Ratafia already said.

So should the have GTC ABS and TC and the GX not.

17. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

The 2012 Grand-Am regulations (pdf link) say that the GX uses Continentals and tc/abs are prohibited.