1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low speed spin getting back to track

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by MartyBook, Aug 27, 2016.

1. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

When I spin out onto the grass or gravel off track, having come to a complete stop, even being really gentle on the gas with the merest throttle input seems to end in a near 360 spin trying to get back to the track at low speed.

Yes it's a sim but I don't believe you should spin quite that easily on dry grass, and gravel or sand traps should pretty much stop a spin dead at low speed. Seems to be a particular issue at Imola for some reason.

If only I could check the PC sections, I could see if this question has already been asked / resolved hashtagjustsayin

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 24/7 input when at low speed Jun 4, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 inputs start "flickering" when at very low speeds Nov 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Impossible to corner at low speeds Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering sound and low top end speed Apr 2, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cars only sharp turning at low speeds Mar 17, 2020
    ACC Physics Low-speed physics and antistall/throttle cut behaviour Feb 3, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TS PC light FFB at low speed Aug 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issue - Easy to out brake in low speed corners Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [Bentley, BMW] Water on rear window flowing sideways at speed (viewed from inside rear-view) Dec 3, 2018
    ACC Physics car handling at low speed - high understeer Nov 13, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars ACC Screen shakes at low speed corners Sep 19, 2018
    ACC Physics Slow speed physics .... Sep 16, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues No rev-limiter, top speed too low, wrong TC, wrong LED on Audi R18 2014 May 20, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Sim speed very low since v1.12 (assetto_corsa.ini changes) Feb 14, 2017

3. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

Yeah the control of the cars on grass needs sorting. The understeer is unreal. Of course you expect very little grip but even at a slow speed my t500 is unresponsuve when off road. No turning. Very hard to get back on road. If you accelerate, as you said, it just spins. It happened to me earlier and i just got up and walked away. Lol. This game needs a decent patch soon. V soon. Great physics tho.

4. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I tend to agree with this as I noticed with the GTR GT3 car in the Nurburgring special event. I know the car is acutally rear wheel drive but touching the grass and even some corners that have camber seem to create massive oversteer or simply spin. I then took notice of speed to reassure myself I wasn't going faster than I visually recognised and I was actually going slower(under 60km/h) than I epxected and off throttle still losing control/oversteering on corners I could take at higher speeds in my real Ford Transit van. Something is slightly off but only just.

5. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Yep, I agree the off track grip model needs tweaking. I can understand the AC Cobra will be a pig to control on grass, but a 4WD car such as the Audi R8 shouldn't be doing donuts under light to medium throttle opening !

6. saeidj

saeidj Gamer

Every sim game is the same, other than it is actually realistic that you will spin on the grass with the huge amount of torque these cars have even with a slight throttle , it is also like that to not let people abuse the track limits by running wide or use grass to widen the corner.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It helps to give a car for example here. But in general the tyres get dirty when going off track, which lowers the grip drastically for a few meters. But even more important: when you spin, your tryres are heating up. Dependent on the spin, car, torque and tyre temperatures you can easily get 140-200° C on your rear tyres after a spin. An overheated, dirty rear tyre won't let you go on easily, nor in real life or AC.

The worst situations will be when you are in a high power RWD car without traction control on Soft or Supersoft slicks. The chances are high that you overheat the rear by driving, then spin due to the resulting loss of balance and overheat them even more due to spinning. Try to avoid any splip during the recovery, be it on the gravel or track. You should be ok after a few slower corners.

8. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Good point

9. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Agree with everything you say but it's like driving on ice. Definitely something not quite right

10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I love this clip :) Check it out for an idea about grip levels.

11. gregack

gregack Racer

You all have to practice more;)

Sorry, but I don't believe you. What car did you drive? Some 500+hp monster or an Abarth? Learn to avoid grass, that's what racedrivers do.

GT3-cars have factory-TC for a reason! There are 12 different TC-settings depending on tyres, grip-level, degradation etc. Make use of it.
    Also: Learn to avoid grass and learn to drive properly. The physics on PC and consoles are exactly the same and I personally never experienced those "problems".

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes because you are still in the simulator mode. We tend to abusing the virtual car, comfortably sitting here in our living rooms. Imagine you just spun a 500k € car on a real race track - pretty sure you'd have no problems with a smooth and cautious recovery even if the physics would be 100% equal. Not that I say AC is 100% perfect, especially in corner case situations like offtrack (actually you have too much grip there) - but it's credible that you shouldn't have more than 50% throttle on a strong car with overheated, dirty rear tyres.

But again, that's also a question of the car. Modern M3 with traction control? Not a problem. Turbo-lag F40? Lol even tough with perfect conditions.

garyjpaterson and Racing_34 like this.
  13. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

solution = dont get into a situation where your on the GRASS OR GRAVEL! The track is for the racing part. Lol. Reactions can help also

14. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

You know what. I give up. Whatever people.

So sick of the ZOMFG NOOOB responses on here to everything. If you're a console gamer you seem to be fair game to it on here and it's genuinely depressing to see it heading down the same road as the dirt rally forum in this respect.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Even the dirt rally guys told you you need to improve on your driving? Well then you got something to think about me thinks ;)

16. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Yeah hahaha slow clap, good one.

17. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

We should remember, AC is not an Offroad Simulator. We race on tarmac. The goal is not to end up in the grass. And I would rather see KUNOS working on major problems and not wasting man hours to simulate the perfect grass physics (where I don't drive... mostly..) Don't step on the gas like a mad man and you are fine with going back on track.