1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Manual Clutch for Keyboard Players?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 32stopper, Nov 14, 2013.

1. 32stopper

32stopper Rookie

Hi,

I posted something similar a while ago but now I'm making a note in it's own thread. Will Assetto Corsa ever have clutch for keyboard players? You can still turn auto clutch off. but there's no way to set it as a button. Handbrake was added in when there wasn't one in the Tech Preview, so I'm still a bit hopeful. I might get a wheel and all that stuff soon anyway, but it would be cool to be able to burnout or kick the clutch to start a drift with the keyboard.

Thanks!

HellzWind and JohnnyAce like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Manual clutch + Manual Engine Start -> Accelerator moves car even with engine off. Jun 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Audi R8 LMS Manual Clutch problem Oct 27, 2019
    ACC Physics Manual Clutch not working at 100% with 2019 Porsche, Honda Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Physics Engaging Reverse Gear with Manual Clutch - Ferrari Bug? Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Manual Clutch not working May 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Manual Clutch not working if Engine Start is set to Automatic Oct 13, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Manual Clutch not working Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Manual H-Shifter with clutch cars are much more fun to drive than the paddle shifters May 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Praga R1 manual clutch May 13, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Need manual clutch input when driving an automatic car Jun 23, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Fixing clutch and manual shifter online server Oct 21, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Clutch with manual shifting problem g27 Oct 20, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Auto ignition (set is on manual) Jan 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer New DLC Update Server Manual Mar 23, 2022

3. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

Suggestion: Add clutch button, but autoban keyboard players from MP

Robilon likes this.
  4. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Maybe not entirely ban them from MP, but have server choose restrictions if to have keyboard option or not..

Queequeg likes this.
  5. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thats really rude & selfish if player not allow to play MP just because they race with keyboard. Remember they also pay the very same USD39.99. More make sense & fair to have different room for different controller player.

HellzWind likes this.
  6. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

It is really selfish of keyboard players to ruin other people's races by wrecking them in Turn 1 because they can not control the car because you simply cannot control a car near the limit of adhesion with a keyboard. There is a reason real cars come with steering wheels.

7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah but totally ban a player from playing MP just because he/she using keyboard ?? I dont feel right. "Keyboard only" or "wheel only" MP room make more sense. By the way i do see a chance for any good keyboard player to compete with wheel player after the v0.4 because now the version support mouse steering. I never use it before but i imagine steering with mouse definitely work more like a wheel than keyboard button which only offer either center or full turn.
    Yeah i believe a veteran keyboard player who play AC with mouse steering can be at least on par with many average wheel player.

8. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

Probably. But please do not come whining after release "Keyboard servers are not populated enough and the quality of racing there sucks. Pls merge servers!"
    This is not even meant personal against keyboard players. But the quality of racing in public multiplayer is a problem for many racing sims. I would not go golfing with my best friend if he insisted on using a baseball bat^^

Also mouse steering:
    mousesteering.jpg
    P.S.: Pls do not take the picture too seriously. It is there just to lighten the mood a bit.

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Whats wrong with mouse steering ?? It allow keyboard player to steer & control their car exactly like a wheel, that definitely improve their driving quality & lap time. I see it an extremely cheap but effective way to play sim racing, or just any racing game. Also i bet "FFB enable racing mouse" will be in the market sooner or later after mouse steering become common in racing game.

HellzWind likes this.
  10. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Suddenly i think i understand that picture now, at first i thought it mean "mouse steering" is child play but looks like its more like a joke about a mouse steering a car. Sorry my bad :p

11. HellzWind

HellzWind Gamer

It takes getting used to. It's not worth it though to BAN keyboard players due to misunderstanding. To me mouse & keyboard is another method of control for within a game. It's not worth it getting bashed over the head by other players who disagree, because of this.

12. damys

damys Racer

i play AC with a potato .. so i can't run in MP? players can use what they want in a server this is not a problem for the race or for other players..
    in a server you can recommend the use of a steering wheel for a better performance in the race but do not prohibit those who use the keyboard, pad or a potato!

these "hardcore simracer" are full of paranoia..

HellzWind, TrenchcoatNinja and TCLF like this.
  13. TCLF

TCLF Alien

people underestimate mouse drivers a lot most of the time. I am in the LastLapMotorsports team (coming from lfs) and my fastest team mate, drives with mouse. Guess what, he is a safer driver than 90% of the wheel drivers. The only disadvantage he has is that he needs to rest for a couple of minutes after 2 stints (endurance racing) compared to me who can do 7 hours (6 stints) straight. It's not about what they use, it's about how good they use it.

14. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Exactly Before I had my wheel I used to drift in LFS with my mouse and keyboard. Being a better side of PC gamer I still can't drift as good with my wheel :D Just not fast enough, mostly cause G27 is too slow...

HellzWind likes this.
  15. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah i see some people write this before but what actually too slow about G27 when drifting ?? Thanks first

16. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I guess force feedback.

Lazybug likes this.
  17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

if thats the case then it should affect the overall driving performance, not only drifting :rolleyes:

18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

it does, but drifting stands out most, due to that most drifters let the ffb turn the wheel when switching.

Lazybug likes this.
  19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Really ?? Then how about DFGT ?? Even worst ?? So every ffb i get is actually come abit later than it should ?? That bad.

20. TCLF

TCLF Alien

the ffb isn't coming later, it's just slower turning (turn speed) the wheel.

and yes, it's worse with the dfgt

Lazybug likes this.
  21. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Not quite understand how it turn slower if the ffb still come in time. May be the wheel motor not that power enough to make the wheel turn that fast or it has some kind of delay before activate the center spring effect even the ffb already there ??

Anyway thanks for the info. I never play drifting in AC yet but guess i should turn the wheel myself instead of letting the wheel turn for me to overcome this issue.