1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Saars

Saars Rookie

Hi,

[REMOTE]
    SERVER_IP=********************
    SERVER_PORT=****
    REQUESTED_CAR=****
    NAME=Saars
    TEAM=
    PASSWORD=
    GUID=76561197992708181
    ACTIVE=0

I was rammed from behind on the first corner sending me into the car in front and then i got banned

Please unban me as yours are the only good servers around

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You may have been lagging pretty bad which could be the reason but I will give you another chance and you should be off the banlist now.

Some of those starts got real messy and I saw a few cars warping so had to kick a few for any hope to get a decent start away. Not sure what it is thats so hard about a standing start but nearly 1 car each race on a full grid not being able to start due to late join bug sure doesnt help. I did have some real good races from up front but the few I tried from the back were pretty much impossible, maybe a few guys need to practice the dragstrip and come back when they can make it to the other end without hitting a wall. :D

TrenchcoatNinja likes this.
  3. No messing about.
    No cheating.
    Respectful driving.
    Don't obstruct hot lappers on an outlap in qualifying.
    Don't obstruct the leaders when getting lapped.

It doesn't take a set of rules to know basic stuff like this.

TrenchcoatNinja and martcerv like this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We did have a fairly full server again tonight but after watching a few shocking race start replays its clear to see that the main issue is cars stuck on grid. The chaos this causes makes starting at the back of the pack on a server that fills up just before the race start pretty much impossible, this is something that makes a total mess of most race starts and I sure hope Kunos can address this fairly soon. Overall most are being quite respectful of others on the server but these messy starts just ruin the experience more then anything for anyone that's caught up in it. I think we tried 3 or 4 starts in a row and eventually I just had to let it go as it was getting worse.

Each disaster start meant a few would leave the full server and then their spots would quickly be taken by a new joiner. They would then get the unable to start bug and stuck on the grid causing another major crash and it made quite a mess of what was a fairly decent driving standard. Then of these guys that get wrecked early most end up rejoining from pits as the leaders come by and just make it so confusing nobody knows who is racing who.

Here is the chaos just one stationary car cause on the grid in the middle of the field.

I also posted that in the MP bug section even though it must be a known bug I find it amazing it has never been addressed as yet.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    WallyM likes this.
  5. Gazman

Gazman Racer

Australia has slow internet so if your not Australian you shouldn't be racing your lagging 300+ ping warping car on the server.

the server does say United States and not Australia for some reason.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The server is physically in Australia.

7. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

With the exception of "Respectful driving" the other three look like rules.

I might add that it was you who introduced the word "rules" when quoting my post where I used the word"expectations"( the same word used by martcerv in his OP)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  8. Gazman

Gazman Racer

I have nothing to do with the server . I race there a few times. What frivolous school boy point are you trying to make there mate ???
    well of course there are rules if there was flags you'd be shown blue flag which is a racing rule since Moses was a pup.

If your lapped or being tail gated by someone obviously faster than you move aside

I search servers by ping which which lists servers from lowest to highest ping that's how I found Marty's Public Server .
    What I meant was the server location in the server listing lists your server as being at a U.S. loacation . I noticed other Aussie servers saying location Australia .

9. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

I was not responding to your post, It is quite clear if you read through all of them that I was responding to another poster and not you mate.;)

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes server is in Australia and for unkown reason AC says it is in the US. but I have been able to race very close with guys that have 300 pings. If someone is warping or whatever they will be asked to leave or kicked. A good driver with 300 ping is still better then a bad one at 30 and you cant always blame ping on hitting others its mostly poor driving that causes this.

Regarding people warping more locals have worse connections then some OS guys with 350 pings. Its not just ping but how solid your connection is, in AC a connection that is unstable warps.

If you are in Australia and your ping starts to climb then a connection that goes from 30 to 120 is way worse then a solid 350. This can be caused by shared connections or whatever other reasons and quite a few Aussies I need to ask to leave when their connections go nuts. This connection that climbed to 120 may jump back and forth 10 to 20m at times yet the solid 350 will not do this at all and so bo no problem. Racing the guy with unstable connection can be near impossible

Its a few guys that are regular locals and most of them are good drivers but if their poor connection causes the car to warp then its a hazard to others. There are lots of guys with higher pings that I have no issues with and have had some very good hard battles with. If they were warping or a hazard to thers then I will say something or kick if there is no reponse. The main idea of the server is to have good drivers that arent a hazard to others after all.

This is the same with anyone warping and it is mostly local guys that warp due to crappy connections not the higher pingers. But a high ping and unstable will instantly be asked to leave or kicked. If your a loca and seeing other cars warping check if your ping is rising as the guy warping sees everyone warp. However everyone else just sees them warp and this is quite common and reason I have had to kick some locals. Please be aware of your regular ping if it climbs then its an issue on your end not other cars around you.

There are also no flags and so no rules regarding lapped cars its just expected for people to use common sense. Obviously guys that didnt start the race from the grid or at the same time as the grid shouldnt be getting involved in others battles and should know this. Also blocking in qualifying is kind of silly so best to avoid this just like pulling out of puts mid race and blocking cars.

There is no ping limit atm but I think anyone over 350 will need to be a very good driver and also understand there may be some lag so a little more room must be given.

Most people that hit me are simply people people not giving room or paying attention. If cars are side by side you must leave space for the other 2 avoid contact. 2 good drivers can do this at any ping as long as they arent warping. A poor driver cant race side by side and ping is not the reason why they turned in or ran wide into the other car 99% of the time.

nate likes this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yeah, it's some quirk of Amazon hosting - something to do with the IP address. The server's in Sydney.

12. Hello Marty,

I got rear ended by 2 cars on a corner today on Monza. They were going to fast. Next minute I am banned. This was clearly not my doing.

Would be grateful if I could be un-banned.

Cheers

Don

[REMOTE]
    SERVER_IP
    SERVER_PORT
    REQUESTED_CAR=mercedes_sls_gt3
    NAME=.SFC. Comander_King
    TEAM=
    PASSWORD=
    GUID=76561198050496541
    ACTIVE=0

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Sorry Don you weren't kicked for the last session you were in as I was watching your replays from the first 2 races you were in.

Your first race after lapping you you just cleaned me up into t1 after being lapped when you joined the server mid race never looking like making the stop, even a basic sorry after the race would have helped you a little in that case.

I gave you a second chance, then the next race you caused multiple collisions including a 4 car spin into t1 on the first lap by hitting the car ahead, you then re-entered the track through the chicane taking out another car. After that regular big chicane cuts at the second chicane and just not being able to stay on the track very well. Even if somebody is new they need to show some respect for others on track and show some ability to stay on track , penalties are also off on my servers and so anyone abusing this will be banned instantly.

On top of it if causing multiple collisions I just cant keep such people on the server. I also warned you your connection was spiking during the qualy session before your second race and that I would be keeping an eye on you. The 2 replays with you sadly don't show enough for me to allow you access to the server and the issues had nothing to do with connection warp just not respecting others and poor driving standard that is a hazard to all other in the server.

I want all people to just be able to jump on the server without the need to worry about someone having their first race taking out most of the field. Better to practice offline and get to a standards where your not effecting everyone else in a negative way when joining a public server especially one clearly named as it is. Looking at the expectations in the first post you failed to meet the first 5 so unfortunately you will need to use other servers.

nate and VĂ­tor Sousa like this.
  14. I live in England, and I have joined Marty's server several times with a consistent ping of 330-350. I asked Marty to let me know if I was lagging, but apparently I seem to be fine. My connection quality ("Q" number to the lower left of the screen) is always 99 or 100, so this indicates that my connection is solid. I am glad this is the case, because Marty's server is one of the main targets for me when I enter the AC online lobby.

offcorsa and nate like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Don regarding what I said about not getting unbanned if after a month or so you have put in a few hours into AC and want to jump in I will let you have another go, its just where you are atm your a bit of a hazard to others but after a bit of practice you will get more familiar and you will be allowed to jump in if you think your able to meet the expectations on the server. I know its not the best for everyone and unfortunatly I need to keep a few out not quite up to a reasonable standard yet. Same with any others who I have said this to, if you come back after a few weeks or a month and think you wont be getting in peoples way then you will be welcome back.

16. ----

Thank you for your response Marty. I did not receive any warnings / messages from you or anyone about my ping or driving so this is a surprise to me. I do not consider myself reckless and have seen many others cutting people off, ramming me because they are taking a corner etc to fast repeatedly then they leave the server... I can understand accidents happen... I disagree but respect your decision...I am hopeful more servers appear in Australia...

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Possibly you didnt have the chat box open and didn check chat in pits between sessions. It is the only way that admins can communicate and in a public server it isnt a bad idea to keep python chat open.

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Hey marty, it's always good to witness the birth of a new community with a mature head at the helm. You might want to consider setting up a website to handle everything as one thread on a forum will soon get difficult to manage.

Good luck ;)

TrenchcoatNinja and martcerv like this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thanks for the encouraging words from a veteren in this field ;) I think I will try avoid the website for now and just keep it here for the time being.

I dont really intend to expand it any more then just public open servers and am already part of another local league so guys after that can check it out at xgn.com.au. Main intention is to just have some public servers with good fun respectful racing avoiding some of the nastiness that scares of most of the better drivers away from public servers. A good place if people just want to jump on for some racing and hopefully not have to deal with all the troubles of regular un monitored servers. As we get improved server and admin tools I think we can do much more with public servers but for now it is what it is and we can only try the best we can with the tools given to us. Its on the right track and AC has given me back the sim bug I lost for a while again so keen to keep this going as long as I can.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is an example of me following a higher ping user, this guy was from the US and a ping around 220.

The people that say its impossible to race woth higher pings I think have other issues. Its really not much worse at 300 ping then this and the netcode has improved a lot in this area from v1.

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.