1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mechanical Failures?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MsportDAN, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Hehehehe, i agree with you but imagine this one: You're second in championship points and last race the championship leader car conks out... You'll be extremely happy :)

Anyway i think it should be optional aswell as penalties, you use them as you want ;)

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

this happens in real life?! You want realism.... car failures are all part and parcel of motorsport.....

Alessandro Greghi likes this.
  3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Well if it is implemented as an option for multiplayer, I hope it is made clear before entering the server (or however MP is going to work?) so I can choose before starting any race if I want to join or not. I for one will not join a multiplayer server that allows random breakdowns.
    I'm all for failures due to damage but it must be realistic, i.e. a gearbox failure because I bumped my side mirror is not realistic!

4. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

We let you discuss about any feature you'd like to have in AC, but there are TWO features that WILL NEVER BE IMPLEMENTED:
    1) interactive / clickable cockpits (like nKpro)
    2) random car failures.
    End.
    Now you can go on discussing.

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

wow how about engine starters?

SO be the same old thing as human gets failures and the AI cars are indestructible... i know how this one ends up!!

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The way I see it is; this game is about simulating driving, not simulating every single detailed aspect of motor sport. Where should it end? A hand coming out of your screen and slapping your face when you get a corner wrong? :eek: Maybe v1.1? :p
    There is so much speculation in this forum regarding what may or may not be but at least random failures has been put to bed :)

8. Rui Santos

That's why i suggested that if it will be implemented it should be optional, anyway it won't so for me no problem...

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

then we have another dull ai racer on our hands, because im sure the ai wont take into account driver related failures that would be too much cpu..

Random failures is whats needed to keep the AI alive....

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Well if you don't have mechanical failures why should AI? Vice versa is also true of course.
    You could always bump them off track if you wish, but please not in MP, not that I'm suggesting you would ;)

11. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

xSYOx and Chevalier D'Harmental like this.
  12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

More of the same please :D

13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

For me this would be a hollow victory.

14. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

There's no sliders needed since A.Corsa really be a modable platform. The amounts of damage sensitivity and the random allotments for each car will be up to the mod creator.

And, it should be cumulative. E.g., if you close your radiator intending to improve car body's aero, that should be ok for some few qualifying flying-laps. In other hand, if you keep this setting for a 6 hours racings, you should have a overheating and blown engine. Just my 2c.

(PS - I'm supposing here damage will be present, which is quite reasonable once it's a simulator.)

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Rui Santos

But it happens a lot in real racing ;)

16. +1 for mechanical damage due to driver errors (both human and AI).

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Hello guys im back , noooo i can hear everyone say lol

Anyway regarding this subject, i quite liked the AI in shift 2, i know it was a simcade game, but the AI were quite a challenge. If it hadnt been for the weird collisoin physics their randomness was quite exciting.. Sometimes seeing first place in the gravel or something like that.

We dont need a forza like AI, where it becomes a boring procession of follow the leader.. Which again this comes down to the bad PI system forza uses.. and the upgrade to win style game play comes in. This isnt in shift and imo is better for it..

18. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Thank you for confirming no random failures. It's an utterly pointless feature imo. People can still roll dice to see if they will finish a race or not, if they want that.

19. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

Damage related to driver error (i.e. Abusing the engine/gearbox/brakes/curb hopping etc) is something that would be valuable for MP races.

Imagine that you abuse your gearbox a tad too much in a GT race and suddenly you loose 3rd gear after 3/4th of tte race.

Now you have to defend your position with a hampered car. What a satisfaction and realism if you make the finish and if you can keep the guys behind you :).

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

u must have random failuers for ai, how can it (the game) process each AI use/effect/driving on each car to make realistic failures????For human yes but for 12-20 AI on track your just going to slow the game down!