1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Moose avoidance track Kunos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Boris Lozac, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I know there's plenty of wish threads and posts across the forum, and this could be part of a bigger picture like some 'licence test' in AC, not that i wish or desire for something like that, but i think Moose avoidance would be like, 6 clicks in some track editor? :)

Would be cool to have it as an official track in track selection i reckon..

claudiopolez and Pixelchaser like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Amazing muppet avoidance techniques Dec 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia sli & stutter avoidance presentation from nvidia developers' conference 2015 Aug 4, 2015

3. I had to Google that to work out what the hell you were on about!

Boris Lozac likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Can you tell me, Ive seen a moose running down the side of the road but dont think that has anything to do with this.

5. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. Do it ! But first finish Ascari please !! :rolleyes:

Pixelchaser likes this.
  7. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

im on it right now. haha, go check. it never looked better.

grat, cerebralvortex and Jebus like this.
  8. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Moose are weak and avoidable. Kangaroos on the other hand...

9. Good to see you guys are working on it again ! Progress looks good, keep it up !

Pixelchaser likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Ohhh. Thanks, I honestly didn't know what he was on about... xD

Pixelchaser likes this.
  11. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

This would be a nice idea... hope to see a first gen Mercedes A class along with it though!

12. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Just place some cones on a track (you can use @Stereo 's skidpad for it for instance) and you're done.
    I don't think however that the tyre model allows for these things. I've never flipped a car by doing the moose test. Tyres just skid rather than bite :(

Boris Lozac likes this.
  13. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

How does this work? Do i just lurk around and you all avoid me?

14. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

lol

But yeah, i wouldn't mind a mod track with this as well as long as the surface is on par with Kunos tracks. We might be able to flip the Levante?

15. There is a mod track that has some cones layed out in a moose test formation, I've never manged to roll a car on it - and that includes my Transit Van mod and 1950s Ford Anglia. Tyres just slide, it'd need an unrealistic amount of grip to roll I think.

This is the one: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/suspensions-test-track.6770/

I have no idea if it is set up like a proper moose test or not.

Boris Lozac and NightEye like this.
  16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Yeah like i mentioned, maybe it's the track mesh issue, perhaps not as detailed as Kunos tracks, that might've been the issue. But sure i've never been even close to flipping a car in AC, something i've did regulary in LFS..

Thanks for the link, gonna check it out.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I guess most of you guys played NFS Porsche back then?

That had two carrier modes, one where you start a racing driver carrier buying new cars, racing them etc.
    And one as a works driver for Porsche, where – apart from some obvious racing – you also had to do manoeuvrers on a test track.

I think it would be very interesting, if the would bring something like that with one of the Porsche DLCs. :)

NightEye and Boris Lozac like this.
  18. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

It just kinda suits AC, to have something like that, but only if physics and tires can handle it? Gotta try and flip the Levante somehow.

19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You could make both a kind of driving school out of that as well as a setup challenge.
    e.g. give the user the challenge to find a balanced setup for a "newly developed" car, starting with a mildly good setup.

The only thing that AC definitely can't and won't repeat is the police chases.
    Although, who knows? Maybe Kunos will announce a police licence next. :D

20. Vel

Vel Simracer

What about an increased cat presence? Roaming in the green areas? In the pits... or better yet as a passenger? Would be totally mroowwsome! :)

21. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

You clearly underestimate the power of moose. Bull moose are about 6ft tall and weigh between 800-1000lbs. Hitting one at speed is like detonating a small explosive in your vehicle. Mostly because when you hit them, it takes their legs out and then you have a 900lb cannonball with flailing hooves and giant antlers smashing through your windshield. They're actually kinda hard to avoid, not only because they're pretty fast for their size, but also because sometimes they're actually aiming for you.
    Source: I live in Canada. We hit plenty of moose here.
    [​IMG]

Vel likes this.