1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 More horsepower Glitch/Car gets uncontrollable (Game is unplayable now)

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Vortex70, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Vortex70

Vortex70 Rookie

Good evening,

I have been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione sinds its release (on and off). I use the Xbox Series S and have been playing ACC on the Xbox One before. Sinds last friday i have been starting playing the game again after a few months off. I only play Single Player 90% of the time and wanted to start a season in the 2022 GT World Challenge. I started using the Mercedes AMG 2020 at the 3 Hours of Imola, everything was fine but suddenly my car started getting uncontrollable power and braking was really hard (at the same time a car glitched stuck in the chicane in sector 3). I thought it was one time this glitch accured and gave it another try. It happened again.. First i could not believe this glitch was actually there. It was really strange. But after a few tries i started realising that no matter what i do, i always get this glitch again. I have been trying out to play on multiple circuits after this: Brand Hatch, Zolder, Zandvoort, Silverstone and Monza. All the circuits had the same problem. I have tryed completing a race but each time after 5, 10 but usually around the 20 minute mark into a race the glitch occured again i can go suddenly 50 kilometers per hour faster like normal. It feels like my car suddenly has 750 horsepower. I have not had a single race where it did not happen. I deinstalled the game multiple times and still had no result.

Yesterday i tried again and recorded the footage of the glitch, i just don’t know how to import it here. I have been trying to upload it to dailymotion and put it in here:

Here you can see how much faster my car is going out of a sudden. It has no explaination and the glitch suddenly pops-up while in the middle of a race, qualifying or practice session. Setup or anything does not matter because i have tried everything and it still happens.

I also brake 250-500 meters earlier then i usually do and still end up in the gravel because of the immense power my car suddenly had.

https://dai.ly/k1nk2JaOZBvvcFzgoXt

Here you can see how much faster i am going then the other Mercedes in a straight line:

https://dai.ly/k5BcK1F0ThuO35zgoYV

Okay so at this point yesterday i thought it was only the Mercedes AMG 2020 doing this glitch, so i was like: i will start a new season with Lamborghini. So today i started a 2022 Championship with the #19 Lamborghini of Emil Frey Racing and then after 20 minutes into the race the glitch accured again to my surprise:

(Note how fast my acceleration is, where i brake and i still end up in the gravel.)

https://dai.ly/k2chkLUMIMheH9zgoZL

I really hope you guys can fix this bug. Its really a pity for me, i love this game with all my heart and its my favourite racing game ever. I am not here to blame anyone for this glitch, i just hope it will get fixed. For any questions or additional footage i will be fully participating in it. I cannot imagine its only me experiencing this glitch.

Kind regards.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How does Kunos decide engine horsepower? Oct 27, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How to edit horsepower and tire grip? Jun 19, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Calculate horsepower (rpm*t) ? need help Nov 30, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How i can change the horsepower of a car? Jul 10, 2015
    General modding discussion Is there ever going to be a way to adjust the horsepower in a car? Apr 19, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How do i change the horsepower of modded cars i download? Jan 12, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes App idea: torque and horsepower Dec 16, 2014
    General modding discussion Horsepower/torque display Aug 12, 2014

3. Vortex70

Vortex70 Rookie

I just found out that my Dailymotion links did not work because the videos are private and i cannot figure out how to make them public. Anyway here is a WeTransfer link i hope this can help: https://we.tl/t-f4nINK2OhD

I did another test this time with the 2021 Season Mercedes on Spa Francorchamps, after 2 minutes the glitch kicked in once again i added a video of it in the link. You can see how unbelievably more fast i am then the other cars on the straight. Anyway all my testing has been done with 92-94% AI.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    PdexterTom likes this.
  4. Spainard8

Spainard8 Rookie

Thanks for notifying this issue Vortex70. I have been experiencing the same issue since the last update (plus DLC) on PS5. It happened to me with the Ferrari 296, Porsche 992 and BMW M4 in both the Nurburgring and Imola. It seems to be unplayable when racing against IA, if I use training mode it seems to be mostly fine, I did get a weird glitch on the 992 Porsche in Indy and the screen turned all blue, but has not been reproduced.

Hope we get a bugfix soon and get back to racing against IA :), have not tried multiplayer since this crashes often.

5. PdexterTom

PdexterTom Rookie

Thanks for posting this, I have exactly the same problem! (PS5, driving with controller).
    To me it happens constantly with the new Porsche 992 GT3, on Valencia Track and Spa.

It feels like the car suddenly loses its rear wing, sliding all over the place, gaining speed rapidly and becomes undriveable.

Hope they are aware of this issue...

6. Vortex70

Vortex70 Rookie

Thank your for replying too! I wish they can fix this very soon. I will be trying other cars this afternoon too when i’m back from work and come back with an update. This bug is a game breaking bug and makes the game unplayable for me. I now need to go back to Raceroom Racing Experience for a while until they fix this. I am very glad by the way to hear i am not the only player with this problem.

7. PdexterTom

PdexterTom Rookie

Are we posting this in the right thread (this is the regular Assetto Corsa thread, not the competizione version)?
    I think we best move this ...

8. Vortex70

Vortex70 Rookie

I am gonna move it now man i did not realise

9. PdexterTom

PdexterTom Rookie

Dear Kunos friends,

This issue appears to occur with multiple cars (if not all), after a short while on any given track, in an instant all grip is lost, revs and speed seem to fly up fast forward, cars become totally undriveable. Up to now this issue occurs every time within minutes on track.

I play on PS5, and always set up a custom race weekend with 1 Practice session, a quali session and a 1 hour race with a race time multiplayer set to x24.
    (if ever this info can be hulpful)

Thanks for looking into to this!