1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic My suggestions so far...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aaron0288, Aug 28, 2016.

1. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Firstly, I absolutely adore this game. While it's clear it has been released before it's really finished, they've got a solid base to improve on. But there are areas they need to improve on. Here are my suggestions -

- Complete custom mapping needs to be implemented for controllers.

- well documented performance/sound issues need sorting ASAP, but, at least on PS4, they're not as bad as some people are making out. It's perfectly playable at the moment, which has to be commended considering how great this can look a lot of the time.

- completing races and challenges seems like a non-event and such an anti-climax. Normal races you just get booted to the pits and have to wait for all other cars to cross the finish line and then have to quit to the main menu.

- with challenges, we need the targets on the main screen while playing. On some hot laps, I'd been lapping for a good few laps longer than I needed to as I'd achieved gold without even knowing.

- it would be nice to have the options menu available in game, rather than having to go back to the main menu to change anything.

- GEAR CHANGES. This is a big bug bear for me. While the sounds in general are excellent, a lot of the race cars that should have sequential/double clutch gearboxes sound awful when changing gear, up and down. On up shifts, it's like the clutch is still being used and the throttle isn't being cut, so the revs rise a bit when changing gear and it sounds like how your granny would be driving. It's such an immersion breaker, especially for the GT3 cars. There needs to be a clear, clean shift in gears with a nice pop added in every now and then (it works on a lot of the open wheel cars, so the capability is there). If you quickly release the throttle while changing gear you can hear how good they can sound. Down shifting also seems a little brutal, again on most GT cars.

- another big one for me is the classes to race against. In the PC version you could customise who you raced against. I'd like a full grid of just GT3 cars please. There are plenty of them in the game, so there's no need to add faster GT2 cars or strange race cars that don't belong on a GT3 grid. But at least give people the option to choose who they race against. This isn't Forza ;)

- a few more options in terms of the in game HUD would be nice too. I'm not a fan of the red arrows letting you know where opponents are. While I can see why people would use them, I personally don't like them, but can't seem to turn them off at all, even with the HUD completely off.

I'll put this separately to the main game suggestions. Please don't withhold cars from people just because they didn't want to buy their game from a certain retailer, or were it aware that a prestige version even existed. There wasn't even an option to download the prestige version on the PlayStation store. At the very least you should give them the option to purchase them separately now the game is out. Even better would be to include them in the season pass, which I see you're not at the moment. Not impressed with that to be honest as aren't a lot of people.

Finally, I just want to add that this is not me deriding the game at all. I think it's fantastic and I've had a lot of fun on this since Friday. You have a great game at the minute, but with the above suggestions added/implemented, you'll have a truly excellent game on your hands. I'm here for the long haul and appreciate you have a very small team, which I have to congratulate for even getting this on console in the first place. Keep up the good work and I look forward to future updates.

OldGeezerGamer, herbsti72 and AyrtJ97 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues My thoughts and suggestions so far May 9, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Yesterday at 10:59 AM
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019