1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need advice about Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, May 10, 2014.

1. I've spent a few hours trying to forward ports and such to make my own lobby with no success. What kind of server do I need to rent to host a lobby? I need one in the US but I have no idea what to google. Hopefully some of y'all can help me out and once I find what I'm looking for I'll have to see if I can afford it.
    Thanks to anybody that can help out.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series need advice Mar 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Need some advice for VR settings Feb 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions need advice? Mar 14, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Need Advice For A Playseat Dec 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Setup advice needed Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room rip my gtx770, picking new gpu need advice. Aug 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Beginner needs some driving advice Jun 25, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Need advice on my settings please May 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room New players needs advice Feb 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room In need of some dedicated server advice! Apr 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room In Need of Some Sound Advice Apr 21, 2017
    Console Lounge Tuning advice needed Jan 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Need advice on Lotus 98T@Imola: Acqua Minerali May 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advice needed due handicap Feb 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Little advice needed adapting to 1.2 force feedback for a nub. Aug 13, 2015

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

Not sure of server renting places in the US but there are cheapo ones that are good to be found. If you got a bunch of people that would race on a regular basis you could all chip in every month which would make it suuuuuper cheap.

Just a positive comment. :) Im sure tons of people know of good places in the states to rent a server. I dont think AC require massive beast server either so it will be pretty cheap. Good initiative though.

4. Doggy

Doggy Racer

I would recommend a VPS/Dedicated server. I have used NFOServers before and even though they are slightly more expensive than some others, their support is top notch (24/7 responses within 5 minutes without fail)
    Here is a link to view their range of VPS's http://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php
    For 1 server, the dual core should be enough! Good luck with your hosting :p

5. There are four of us that would be sharing the expense.

Thanks for the link, @Doggy
    My brain just exploded a little trying to make sense of the info on that page.

Maybe I really am too old for this.....dammit

Blakeyv6clio likes this.
  6. Doggy

Doggy Racer

If you need some help, drop me a PM, I am reasonably experienced in hosting game servers, I also got an AC server to run on my PC a few hours ago :p

7. Aceking

Aceking Racer

This company has dedicated servers in 4 locations and Dallas Texas is one! :) I rent a TS3 server from them and is quite reasonable compared to running a TS from home 24/7.
    Their dedicated server : 3.4 Ghz Quadcore - 32GB RAM - 120GB SSD - 15TB Bandwidth - $189.00 / month

All standard dedicated servers include 100Mbps connections and 10 IP aliases.

More Info here:
    http://www.gameservers.com/dedicated/

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  8. Yeah, that is way too pricey for us....After being destroyed in the first turn in 5 out of 5 races today I am so close to selling my gear and saying screw this hobby.

9. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Keep the faith until you can get a group of friends to race together or get in some league racing. My experience over the years with open servers are all the same as you just experienced. I ran a passworded server last night with 6 friends and it was a blast. We were all on my TS which always adds to the race experience.

RolledSteel likes this.
  10. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

just checked race2play and they have AC servers ready to host events and leagues, i was pricing rf2 servers and the cheapest way was via r2p.
    this place is as close to organised sensible racing without being iracing yer gonna find plus sims like gtr2 and even nk still live on with decent sized races

http://www.race2play.com/schedule/upcoming_events

11. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Other people on this forum have had good things to say about race2play.

12. Sniper

Sniper Racer

Hi, you mentioned you could not get your sever to work,i just wanted to make sure you had these 2 lines in your server-cfg.ini file or your server will not show up
    sleep_time=1
    register_to_lobby=1

The acserverlauncher did not create these lines for me and took me awhile to realise this was the issue

Regards

spiritofsenna likes this.
  13. [SERVER]
    NAME=RickyBobby's Joint
    CARS=ferrari_458_s3
    TRACK=nurburgring
    SUN_ANGLE=16
    MAX_CLIENTS=10
    RACE_OVER_TIME=120
    PORT=9600
    HTTP_PORT=35400
    REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
    LOOP_MODE=1
    PASSWORD=
    ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2

[BOOK]
    NAME=Booking
    TIME=6

[PRACTICE]
    NAME=Free Practice
    TIME=300
    WAIT_TIME=5

that is my config file.....I DMZ'd my router for the ports thing

14. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

i sent you a friend request on steam, accept so i can help you.

15. I added that line and still the same thing happens...
    failure.jpg

16. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

I'm willing to run a dedicated server from Texas but what is the min system requirements for acServer?

Or maybe a better way to ask.. How much CPU usage with 20-30 cars?

17. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

try changing the ports, both on the acserver and the redirected on the router, could be that the default ones are already used.

18. [​IMG]

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chargingcar likes this.
  19. DewCrew88

DewCrew88 Racer

I suggest DMZing your host computer and if you choose to host on your racing rig follow this video:

Of course DMZing your PC is at our own risk etc.....

20. Sniper

Sniper Racer

Good work

21. I give a big Thank You to everybody that helped and gave advice in this thread....I DMZ'd the ports and changed the values in the launcher and the ini.