1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New player - some feedback please? AI out braking me massively...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Valacer, May 13, 2021.

1. Valacer

Valacer Rookie

Hi all

I just picked this up, came from PC2.

I just started a championship, car at default settings. Off the line i am slightly faster to the first corner, but the whole field (AI) easily and massively out brakes me. The difference is night and day.

I am using a Fanatec pedal set (load cell), its calibrated. It works perfectly in Dirt 2 and PC2. But I can even stomp on the pedal as hard as possible (just shy of locking up) and the other cars are flying past me, braking 5-15meters later, and making the corner. Moved to around the easiest difficulty, no change.

This is the first corner, appreciate i am not a great racer - but this inst about me 'not knowing how to drive'. Its the run to the first corner and i am not even in the race. Is there something obvious i might be missing? Any gotcha's new players might miss?

I have been googling and searching this forum, other forums etc and found no obvious answer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay 24h single player racing / my feedback May 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.11 Crash during Multiplayer race at Laguna Seca [FAWForceFeedbackDrv64.dll crash] Jun 29, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer General multiplayer feedback Nov 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Multiplayer-feedback Jul 5, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to change your players name? Apr 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Race length in Single player Mar 29, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Single player championship bug after 1.9.6 update Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Single player Lamborghini BOP Jan 13, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2023 Season Championship/Single Player Update? Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023

3. Typer

Typer Simracer

That does sound like something is amiss. I’d start by opening the Pedals app (reveal Apps menu by moving mouse pointer fully right in game) and checking that you’re getting max input when fully depressing the brake.

Does the car you use make any difference? Can you post a video?

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  4. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Can be a few things ?

- whats your setting ingame on the brake setting, i think for load cell its 1
    - find the correct braking point on track
    - are you driving on safe setup? abs is very high so longer braking distance
    - what car are you using, depends on weight , speed etc
    - what is your setting on fanatec itself for brf , default is 50%, i set it up to 1 ( still in test) for for me plays well to brake harder but be carefull, lock brakes faster
    - playing on monitor? use correct fov
    - little trick in fanalab, put bli = brake level indicator to 100 , means when you hit the brake fully pressed the vibration motor works , indication that your are full brake and need to stop and brake again to reach full braking power otherwise abs is working to "hard", see above = longer braking distance