1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to assetto corsa and loving it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by alex98uk, Apr 27, 2014.

1. alex98uk

alex98uk Rookie

Hey all,

I bought this game recently as I was really getting fed up with Gran Turismo. I miss pack racing and the excitement of having decent AI - something I only really had with the last Race 07 game.

I must say, i'm really, really having fun AC. Sadly, I only have a DS3 controller, but one hopes I have the stability in where I live to invest in a G27 or similar. My first race/experience was with the Ferrari 312t... it was a baptism by fire :D

I had some questions, I understand it's an early access...

• Will there be any graphics updates? (I'm already playing all high (incl. AA) at 2560x1440 with a HD7970
    • Is the sound due to be updated? (I can hear it's very nice, but it sounds a bit "compressed"!
    • Is there anyway I can see a list of tracks and cars to come... or is it announced per patch/DLC?
    • Will there be a way to "import" setups created by the community (i.e. export a tune/setup for a car in an XML format, host it on the forums and allow people to download it to try out?)
    • Has anyone managed to drift with a controller :p
    Anyway, sorry if these are already covered topics... i'm new here, but looking forward to being a part of a awesome game :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Hallo and welcome Alex. The controller settings are being look at by the dev's, as are sound and I am sure the graphics (which will always be ongoing I am sure, the same as all these things). As for the other stuff we will have to see, let's hope so as it would make it so much easier to share. I have never been one to keep my settings secret, I prefer to have a race and if my settings work then good oow. Speak soon. :)

alex98uk likes this.
  4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

known cars that are licensed & will be included or have been teased as being worked on are the gt-r nismo, nismo gt3, 2014 corvette stingray, C7R, laferrari, mclaren p1, & ruf yellowbird. might be missing something. but there are ten cars in an upcoming DLC complete w/ laser-scanned nurburgring, & of those listed the stringray, lefarrari, & (likely) road gt-r will not be part of it, so lots of room for speculation. but a lot of great cars, basically. :)

i have to say im aa little surprised you can run everythign maxed. is that w/ a full grid of AI? i think optimization is probably a primary focus for kunos right now; i have read that a new lighting system is planned at some point that should do wonders for the look of the game.

i have been enjoying the hell out of AC (my first intro to sim racing) for months now w/ just a pad but i'm finally thinking im going to cave in & get a g27 & stand sometime within the next month (otherwise i'd have to basically overhaul my entire living room). dont really want it for the space & the fact that my hobbies t end to be fleeting, i am still a gamer on PC more than anything, but i think im diving in deep enough that its worth it. hope you have a similar experience :D

Dennis Neo and alex98uk like this.
  5. justDrive

justDrive Racer

The graphics will be updated, but over time. The game is very modable so I'm sure there will be texture mods, lighting mods, etc. to choose from, go into the mod section now, sweetfx is available to use with AC and should give you better visuals and sharpness at the cost of fps.
    The sound engine had been openly critiqued by the Devs and they have said it needs work and it is one of their next priorities after the game is officially released.
    There is a list of tracks and cars expected for 1.0 (unless stated other wise) on the main site. DLC will be announced over time and cars and tracks will be announced by Kunos over Facebook usually.
    Setups can be uploaded as specific formats from your AC documents folder. They are supplied by the community but also there is a site called RSR and rivalle that hot lappers use to post laptimes and setups. You can find many many setups too try out there, BUT I promise you that with your own time you can make you're own setups much better than any supplied setups.
    Hope this helped!

alex98uk likes this.
  6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i dont believe the onsite list is complete b/c it doesnt look like its been touchaed (last i saw it) in some time. no chevy license, no nissan, lotus's wehave now described as WIPs, etc.

alex98uk likes this.
  7. alex98uk

alex98uk Rookie

The controller settings actually seem very nice now... to be honest, I was expecting much worse (sorry!). I'm using:

Speed sensitivity: 80%
    Steering speed: 20%
    Gamme: 2.5
    Filter: 0.8
    Deadzone: 0.45

Thanks for the welcome :)

That's a nice list... especially the RUF Yellowbird (should be crazy or?). I saw the Nordeschlief DLC which is awesome. I always wanted to rent a car and drive it, I only moved to Germany last October... but hopefully will do it this year :D

Yeah, I think i'm playing all high... I just did the Ferrari challenge at Silverstone with full grid:

• 2560 x 1440 @ 60hz (no vsync - Motion blur off)
    • 16x Anisotropic filtering
    • 8x Anti-Aliasing samples
    • 6x Fast approximate anti-aliasing
    • High Shadow resolution
    • Maximum world detail
    • Ultra smoke generation
    • Show smoke in mirrors
    • High mirror resolution
    • High quality mirror reflection
    • High cubemap resolution
    • 6 faces per frame

I play with:
    • Intel 4770k (stock)
    • Asus Z87-Pro
    • 2400mhz 8GB G-Skill Trident
    • Gigabyte HD7970 3GB (1150mhz/1400mhz)
    • Asus Xonar DX
    • Windows 8.1
    • Samsung 256gb 840 Pro SSD
    I was very close to buying a G27 setup for €200, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I live in a rented flat (moved abroad) and I don't know when I have to move to a new one. I'm not sure if I have i'll have another flat share that won't have room for a wheel :(

That's cool news about the sound engine to be re-worked... to be honest, it already beats Gran Turismo... so I wouldn't say it's a priority. But nice to know anyway!

Thanks for the tip about setups!

8. Horus

Horus Alien

Alex, do you drive in the real world with a gamepad? Get that wheel. :D

9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

lol ooooh you ppl ;D

10. alex98uk

alex98uk Rookie

Haha, I had to sell my beloved Vauxhall Corsa when I left the UK. 7 years I had that dream machine, a bond like no other I will ever have. Now I just have a monthly public transport ticket I found on the floor :(

Ahhh, I will get a wheel when the G27 hits €200. I had the chance to race for the first ever time with a wheel (albeit on GT) and BMW Welt this last weekend, but some utter ***** changed the peddle settings so that clutch was accelerate. I couldn't read the German to figure out how to change it back... Was so annoying.

11. Bailey

Bailey Alien

At the moment the setup files are l0cated in
    C:\...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\bmw_m3_e30_gra\monza
    for example. They are .ini files which are easily readable by most text editor programs, such as notepad or MS word.
    ~Bailey

12. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Hey, welcome to the club!

To answer your questions:

1: will there be any graphics updates?
    --there have already been many minor updates to the UI graphics area and various cars, tracks, environment issues, etc. Unless the team lets us know otherwise, the graphics aren't bound to change dramatically apart from the awesome optimizations they give us.
    2. Will sound be updated?
    --absolutely, perhaps some updates with 1.0, many to come following 1.0 to be sure.
    3. Track and car list area?
    --when you sign into the forum, the home page that greets you has a set of three windows at the bottom of the screen which show you everything in 1.0. For other material the team is working on for the future, stay tuned to the forums :)
    4. Importing setups?
    --as far as I know, there is not official importing option, unless someone has done a mod. Most just provide a notefile with the various setting levels, which you manually adjust in your game.
    5. Drifting with a controller?
    --Oh yes...not me, I know some others...wheel drifting the same thing...the only drifts I catch are small :p

13. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

@Shaddix can you add to this thread....

You are very fast pad driver and probably could help.

Thanks

14. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Welcome \:D/

15. TCLF

TCLF Alien

those notepad (.ini files) you should put into documents/assetto corsa/setups. then you don't need to manually adjust them

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  16. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Welcome to the club of happy AC players :D

Wish you lots of fun with the game....and you will have it xD

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Just like spiritofsenna said, Shaddix is the fastest guy with the gamepad, at least on RSR. He's kind enough to share his settings on forum without even asking, so I guess he can answer on some of your questions.
    For me drifting is only possible with ~30/40% stability control, but I'm not the best driver so you should wait and listen what other gamepad users have to say about it.