1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife DLC thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speedbee, Dec 24, 2013.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

Its a business-plan, there is a time after the release, especially for them, cause they have to earn money.
    Afterall it was announced, that the game will not be released and then its done. It will grow, which is logical considering they are a small team and they cant put 100 cars and 20 tracks out in a few months like Turn 10, that are safe from risks cause the publisher, if the game doesnt sell for example.
    Cause they are no big team with a big publisher behind them and its an ambitions project that delivers mostly to a niche, I personally dont set the same expectations I would have for a title like Forza.
    Indie-devs putting effort in something you dont get with a AAA-title should have some support.

The only big problem I got is the fanbase sometimes, if the "more serious people" insult, belittle and act from above, cause the "less serious people" are less serious. :D

insertcoolname likes this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Insulting would be Fiat 500 and Vallelunga Club. In this case you will get Nordschleife and 10 cars (not sure about the number). I don't know what else could you ask for a proper DLC...

BinMaler likes this.
  3. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

The point I am making is that the game isn't even finished, and they're already talking about DLC. I don't care whether the DLC has 1000 tracks and 45.6billion cars, it's besides the point.
    Maybe it's because I'm a gamer and not exclusively a sim racer that I find this unacceptable.

4. If you are a gamer (especially console) you should be used to DLC by now....every game that has come out in the last 5 years has day one DLC on the disk that you bought...that is the cancer of the gaming industry and what gives dlc a bad rap.

Good thing for you is nobody is forcing you to buy the dlc and there will be plenty of free mods if you are just that cheap.

5. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

It doesn't matter if its a sim or a regular game. There is nothing wrong with planning ahead. Everybody does it.

So far, you haven't been able to articulate *why* you find it acceptable. And nobody can, because its not unacceptable by any rational standards.

Completely untrue.

6. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

Exactly, as a gamer I am getting sick off DLC by now. Things have been ripped out of games for years now and sold back to us. The entire hobby is getting very expensive, no longer can you pay £30 for a piece of software and that be it, it's especially frustrating for online games where no paying for DLC often means you are very limited to what servers you can join.
    Also, I'm not a console gamer, I'm a PC gamer, so I'd much rather put money into my PC than buying bits of the game that have been cannibalised by the devs.

It has nothing to do with being cheap either, I am not in a position where I have a lot of money to spend, being a student, so I rarely buy games at full retail, I did with AC however, because of all the features and content that was promised/implied.

The main point I am making is though, this game hasn't been released, we're still in 0.9 stage of development, yet Kunos are pushing DLC at us, and the content of that DLC was content that was implied as content of the full game.

7. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

How was it implied as being included in the full game? Where?

No longer can you pay £50 for a piece of software and hope that it doesn't basically require DLC to continue playing after a while. I have no problems paying extra for DLC when a game is this good and - this cheap (around 30€ here, not sure how much they charge in pounds sterling). Plus, they've said that the price of the DLC will be symbolic (I'm thinking probably around 10€).

What I'm actually worried about is if they decide to include the cars that were supposed to be in 1.0 in the DLC. We are nearing 1.0 and there's like 10 cars that need to be in the final version.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I get your point and I have similar feelings about how DLC'$ are nowadays. But if DLC is good I don't have problems to pay for it and I think this one will be worth it. Also I don't get it why do you think it's supposed to be in the game from the beginning.

9. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

Nords was never confirmed for the 1.0 release, but it was sited as a feature of the game, I took that as meaning that throughout the game's development this track would be included.
    I read somewhere on the forums, although I haven't seen the source, that no new content is going to be included in AC, it's all going to be DLC, which is hugely disappointing, considering there really aren't that many tracks, and only a few of them are particularly interesting (imola, Nurguring GP, monza and Magoline) for me at least.

£30 is still a lot of money for a PC game (where the marginal cost of production is zero), PC games launch at about £40 now, but this must be the first game that I've spent more than £10 on for a couple of years now (and I buy a decent number of games). I decided that this was worth a large proportion of my disposable income, and I was lead to believe that a large amount more content would be included in the 1.0 release.

The point that I am trying to make, which granted, is very easy to forget when dealing with early access games, it that Assetto Corsa hasn't even been released yet, this is no different to Activision saying that you'll be able to buy the "It's not like Titanfall, honest" DLC for COD AW.
    I for one, am getting pissed off by that sort of DLC.
    Good DLC should work like this as far as I'm concerned:
    "We've finished the game, it's doing well, what content should we start creating now?"
    Not, "what content were we going to put in the final release that we could actually sell for more money?".

10. epic facepalm......my head hurts now.

11. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

Facepalm...

12. Seanspeed

They are not 'pushing' anything at us. They're just saying, "Hey, we've got the Nordschleife license, so look forward to it in the future!"

The content was also never implied to be in the full game.

You're wrong here man. Sorry.

13. Seanspeed

Your fault for not reading properly.

14. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I am not wrong, it is my OPINION.

Opinion- a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It is hence, impossible to be wrong when talking about an opinion.

Had Kunos finished the game, polished the multiplayer (which I think is broken at this time, but that's another issue) gotten to the 1.0 release and said "right guys, we're working on a Nords DLC", I wouldn't mind, not at all.
    I mind though, because we're not at that stage, the game is far from finished and I don't want to hear about what DLC is upcoming, I want to hear about how the game is going to finished, we don't have any damage modelling what so ever, the multiplayer is using a, imo, broken and arse about face system, and content wise it's pretty barren.

15. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

16. Seanspeed

Your opinion is wrong because its based on false information.

It doesn't matter when DLC is announced. Whether they announce now or after release, its the same thing.

This is insanely stupid.

Its nobody's fault but yours if you ended up with the wrong impression as nowhere was it said or even implied that we'd have a bunch more content in the full release.

Don't go blaming others for your mistakes. Own up to it and learn from it.

17. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I'm done with this. I refuse to debate this any longer with some that doesn't understand what an opinion is, even when the bloody dictionary definition is placed in front of them.

18. Seanspeed

So you're gonna stop complaining and blaming others for a mistake you made?

Thank you.

MonSpaNur likes this.
  19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

This post only to end this fight and bring the original topic back on track.

Some basic stuff:

More and more work needs to be put into getting the same amount of "quntity" in game content.

For a comparison, look at FS. Ten years ago, there was a series of airport addons, "German airports 1-4". The box costed 40 Euros and included 8-9 major hubs in Germany in the best quality being done at that time. Originally, this kind of addons were done by fans for free, as modders, so to speak. With the growing technical options and growing demands in quality, they had to realise that for the same money and with the same amount of working hours, they could no longer realise 8 hubs per pack, so the number dropped from 8 to 5 hubs per pack. Next they realised that expectations again had grown, and so really big hubs were started to be sold individually, for 20-25 bucks. Comparable developments in airliner developments. The higher the complexity became, the more realistic it became, the higher the prices had to become, to allow the development. Main example: the packages by PMDG, costing you 60 Euros.

It is illusional to expect devleopers to work for free, and to deliver more quality and more quantity for the same price.

I can niot only forgive, but support the DLC model, if one condition is met: the DLC released should not be a necessity if you want to play competitively with other players. Because if you can play reasonably only if you own it, else other players slaughter you in any MO game immediately because you are too weak, then the buy of that DLC is not really voluntary by game mechanisms, but game mechanisms more or less force you to buy it.

Many of the online shooters work by this principle, the advert says: "play free", but you soon realise that you need to invets money to upgrade your ingame equpement to a level that you can indeed play reasonably. Or they hook you by allowing you to make success - and then being unable to keep and defend that success if not upgrading by payware from a certain point on. Such is cheating, imo, it is a tricky, cheating behavior. In other words, you get kind of betrayed.

But the DLCs for Skyrim for example were not like this, nor is the DLC model in Assetto corsa planned this way. It is not necessary for you to own those ten additional cars and the Nordschleife to play on servers and be competitive - you can as well race with any of the default cars on a track that you own.

Also, the content of the version 1.0 default game has been made public before early access sales started. Everybody could know in advance what it is he buys into. Everybody could decide for himself whether the published content and features is worth it for him, or not.

Until today I have not heard a single valid, reasonable argument against the DLC model for AC. And what really pisses me is when people demand to pay a reduced cheap price - and then getting fed additional content for free, for years, for all time to come. As if they had bought the universe with their miserably small handful of bucks.

On the timing of their announcements, one could take it for granted that you waste time when not preparing the beginning of work on DLC in advance. Stuff needs to be organised, budgets need to be allocated, licensing deals take time. If you start5r all this not early, but just after having finished anything before, you will need to do all this while doing nothing else - and earning no money in that time. Also, in total you will produce less content in a given time frame, lets say until 2018.

The fruits of somebody's labour, must cost money (else why should he work at all if he does not do it for hobby). Better quality must cost more. Pay for it, or pass on it. But stop complaining about an obvious and reasonable necessity.

MonSpaNur and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  20. Of course it can be wrong. Having an opinion about something only creates a personal truth, not an fact.

MonSpaNur and Michael Hornbuckle like this.