1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife DLC thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speedbee, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Didn't blame Kunos, just said I didn't particularly like Nords. You do like nords.... great....why can't you understand not everyone does? Why would anyone get mislead at Christmas about presents they might get? Santa Claus? There is this history of misleading people at Christmas time, and saying they won't get things they they are in fact given, or are you unaware of this?

Also I was hoping for a Lamborghini license, Bathurst, Donnington, Brands Hatch, Formula Ford, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, Alfa Romeo or RUF content announcement if not AI or multi. Multi had been ruled out but AI hadn't. AI doesn't need to be downloaded it's already in the code.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Chill man just asking I only just got the game

3. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

I’m indifferent towards the Nordschleife:

I reckon that many people like it and that there is a lot of history involved therefore it probably is a big deal for the fans but personally it is not a track I like to race.
    I hope that maybe some of the higher voted tracks are still in the game for a later release (e.g. Suzuka, Sarthe, Laguna Seca and Bathurst).
    Anyway congratulation Kunos on getting the license to one of the most demanded tracks there is!
    And congratulations to fans who strived for a properly laser scanned version.

Btw. this announcement was about the Nordschleife and possible the today usually used Nordschleife + GP layout.
    The “Germany Circuit” from the Homepage which is only the Nürburgring GP is still planned for v1.0 right?

As for the 10 cars I really hope Kunos manages to get the license to all the high voted ones from the poll.
    Even though I’m not a fan of the Nordschleife I’m enthusiastic about more GT race cars and the votes favored these.
    I will probably pre-order because of the cars. I have a lot of fun driving in AC and even though it will support Mods I would like Kunos to continue supply quality official content. (Just please expand the UV mapped areas!)

As for the negativity I think the people are not really angry about more content. It is more likely that they think it is a little bit inappropriate to make a big deal out of a DLC announcement when the full game isn’t even released.

4. Look at it this way: The fact that they did the near impossible gives me alot more hope today than I had yesterday that at some point in the next few years some if not all of those great tracks will get signed.

5. Hi.

Laser scanned Ring.

Those 3 words together sound kind of mystical to me :)

My only gripe(if it could even qualify as a gripe) is that I would prefer a dlc for the ring without any cars. For me it would be better to keep the cars and tracks separated. If, like me, the cars you voted for in the recent polls weren't the cars that won, why would you want to pay for their development :confused:

Please keep carpacks and tracks as separate DLC's. Let the people buy the cars they want, rather than force them to buy cars they wont use.

ps. Merry Christmas all :)

Regards.

458Tifosi and Albert McSaltens like this.
  6. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Yes, they did do something special, they got the Nords license. It is genuinely massive news for this simulation and for Kunos and is great news for the likely majority of simracers who will be stoked to have it, agree 100%.To think of it being laser-scanned is genuinely something mind-blowing, and yes I'll buy it and drive on it for hours too.
    However there are still a minority who feel..hmm neutral about it and would rather of had another 3 or 4 different circuits and an announcement of something else. Those people are not unreasonable or excessively negative, they are just a bit upset, they were hoping for something else and....well err didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. Agree to disagree methinks.

Montesky likes this.
  7. Montesky

Montesky Gamer

completely agree !! No problem with Nordschleife track or dlc.. it´s only that we expected a announcement more in line with the current situation of the game advertisement, 0.4.1, like next or future features, modding tools system or docs, 1.0 release date... We have been with a 3, 2, 1 day waiting a important announcement (like for destroy our holidays)... it is normal for some who want to know more about the game we bought, we are a little disappointed...

moreover, Nordschleife is a nice track...

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Hm... I hope they make the cars and the track possible to buy seperatly. Even Turn 10 (Forza) make this and on I tunes i dont need to buy for crappy songs (laguna seca) and have to buy the full album.
    I want the Nissan GTR GT3 but I dont need roadcars and want to buy them, without a system that make it resonable to drive against different road-cars, cause the huge differences regarding weight/ps-ratio, aero etc. in comparsion to homoliganised cars.
    As long as that doesnt happen they are obsolete. Regarding this AC suck. There, I said it.

I would never give one euro for something like laguna seca or silverstone, which equal the joy of a round of minesweeper. And I dont need a Nissan GTR, if i cant fairly compete with a 458 or 1-X other cars.
    And I really hope some modders include one custom Nordschleife or one from an other game till march.
    Laserscanned Nords. in september <<<<<<<<<< unlaserscanned Nords. in march.

9. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I'm hearing a lot that some would rather have had three or four other tracks than one Nordschleife. This always strikes me as an odd thing to say. Sure, it's a monolithic track, but the development of other tracks won't be halted to accommodate it. I'm a 3D artist with multiple things to get done, and I try my best to spread my working time between each from day to day. In fact, that's probably why the 'Schleife is going to take till September. If they solidly worked on the Ring and halted development on all other tracks, I bet it would come a lot sooner.

Dave Begley likes this.
  10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I would pay 50 euros for the Ring alone, easily, because it's worth it...
    How much money have you spent on iRacing? and how was it? I recently bought Bathurst, but only did like 4-5 races and then rage quit, because cars handle like ****...

JamesYZN and Edu Martinez. like this.
  11. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Over £300.

#regret

12. Dave Begley

Dave Begley Gamer

Marco Massarutto, if I listen them I would be convinced that GT5 is the most awful racing game ever created and that RBR is the greatest success of the simracing history. Well, the first one sold 15,000,000 copies, the second brought their developers to an undeserved bankrupt. Too sad, but this is an incontrovertible truth. Another truth is that some people believe that what THEY want is what ALL people want. We were used to believe the same, when we developed our first simulation, netKar PRO. And we all have seen the result.. Well, in the first hour, AC sold more copies than netKar PRO in one year. Believe me, today we are experienced enough know what people really want. Therefore, I know WHO I must listen today. And, if we made this announce today and in this way, we have our very good reasons. Haters gonna hate, the many others read, evaluate, make their choice, play. See you around on December 31th, for our gift to the community.

D4rkst3EL and cimenTo like this.
  13. The better part of a thousand dollars Big regret

Ethan Dean and Edu Martinez. like this.
  14. There's a word for people who think this was overhyped and it is n00bs!
    There's a word for people who complain that it's not going to be created for free, and it's clueless!
    There's a word for all the other companies that said it cannot be done, and it is underachievers!

But there's four words for Assetto Corsa and they are "Quantum Leap For Simracing"

Kunos impressed the hell out of us with their physics a long time ago. The number of prestigious car licenses have already blown us away and now they are achieving track licenses that dreams are made of. They even made a poll to make us choose what laserscanned tracks to get next including Monaco and Le Mans as if it takes no more effort than a hand gesture to get the actual contract signed.

What's next, multiplayer that outperforms iracing?

I can only say that it wouldn't surprise me. Because nothing surprises me from Kunos anymore, they are going from strength to strength with not a foot put wrong and they are going to take over the world! At least the simracing world.

paulieGTR, speedbee, Hagen and 4 others like this.
  15. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Did he just say what I think he said?? He DID, didnt he???

16. Dave Begley

Dave Begley Gamer

Yes he did :D

17. Windies

Windies Gamer

As long as it's reasonably priced, it doesn't bother me in the least and I'm extremely cheap. $10 maybe upwards of $15 would be the most I would pay for it though. Of course I can also live without it if I have to :)

18. plaid

plaid Alien

The requested pit babes are comming and they got the licence for Katie Price!

Gijs likes this.
  19. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Not a penny have I spent on iRacing. I don't believe in subscription based gaming. It becomes elitist very fast. It's the same reason that SimBin gets no more of my money... RaceRoom, Pah!

DLC is not the evil demon some are making it out to be. Sometimes it is necessary to further the development of more DLC or even the New titles in the series. Quality sims/games don't get built on good grace and kind words, money is needed and for small developers like Kunos this is a very necessary evil.

How many of you bought Race07? then GTR Evolution and all the other addons? This the same as DLC. It's an addon by another name.

My £40 was spent on AC to help with the development of what I view as a major leap forward in Racing Simulation. If that gets me the Full game at release that's cool. But I'm not gonna gripe at another 10 or 20 quid for content that will majorly improve my enjoyment of this title.

I know most of the grumblers here will not be converted by my own way of thinking but, this is something you're gonna have to live with. It's still cheaper than the Sony or Microsoft Tax that is applied to all titles and DLC on release and the PC is a far better platform for pretty much any type of gaming so, gripe all you want. This is happening, live with it or don't but please try to see some reasoning behind these decisions.

20. this is exactly what i was expecting. really.
    great news Kunos!

this got to be the most awesome sim racing project of all time! :D