1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife finally sold - in better hands :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shaddix, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Hi guys,

today a german company bought the Nordschleife (only the **** EU has to check everything)
    Its the Capricorn Automotive GmbH - a supplier for the formula 1 or some cars like Porsche 918/Audi R8.
    They use it as testtrack for their stuff, but let the tourists ride exists (maybe the price will be little more expensive).
    The best thing is, they wreck this new stuff like roller coaster and the rest. If everything goes well they want to build an automotive technology focus on the ring.
    I'm glad that not an american investor got it, because they would destroy the whole ring ;)

Now Kunos could find easier (if needed) a new contact person, when its over in some weeks.

german site:

http://www.motor-talk.de/news/die-nordschleife-ist-verkauft-t4873343.html#post39874278

english:

http://www.sharenet.co.za/news/Moto...er_Capricorn/fb59a2471122c5a9a2c79443e304a7f5

Im happy now :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Nordschleife turist delta problem Apr 17, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos First lap at the Nordschleife GoPro POV Apr 12, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Ratings @ Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nordschleife Critial Error Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC 1.10.0 crash Nurb Nordschleife Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nordschleife Mar 14, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nordschleife is coming! Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Apr 14, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Mar 25, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room **Nordschleife New Years Party 9th January!** Dec 25, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Circuit de la Sarthe & Nürburgring Nordschleife Nov 22, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room OTCR Time Attack @ Nordschleife Oct 16, 2021

3. My best wishes for a bright future for the Ring!

tombax338 and Shaddix like this.
  4. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

You beat me to it, I was literally just making a thread about this. "Save the Ring" on Facebook says it's a "sad day"... nonsense. They want to continue public access to the Touristenfahrten, continue racing, and knock down all the leisure park/rollercoaster rubbish. I'm not sure what "technology park" entails, but either way you simply cannot call this a bad outcome. I'm over the moon right now. The Ring is saved!

tombax338 and Shaddix like this.
  5. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

6. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Assuming it's along the lines of the British definition of a "technology park", they're aiming at creating an industrial area for tech and precision engineering companies, probably focused on the automotive industry. Sounds like a bloody good idea to me given how many manufacturers test on the Ring.

7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

these technology
    yea this, didnt found the right words for it :D

8. Usually when technology park hits the neighborhood, its not necessarily a pretty sight... first to go is the trees.
    If they actually achieve this, lure in some wealthy investers who buy a piece of the area for their businesses, and this way raise the value of the area itself, who knows what it comes out to be.
    It's not like it has been a big money maker, so innovation is needed, but there's the down side in the same neatly wrapped package.
    When anything is being dictated by the market value, that is usually when the history, art and legacy gets ignored and slowly but surely flushed down the drain.

Personally I don't care, as long as the landmark itself "The Ring" stays as it is, and hopefully gets to see racing action for a long time to come.

9. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

If "Save the Ring" is not happy, I am reserving judgment until more becomes clear.

10. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I've a mixed feeling about it. They say good stuff, the only problem is I don't believe that kind of people on their blue eyes... They're business men, the 100 mil. they paid must come back in one way or another. I'm afraid the best cow they've is the toeristdrive... So people who are often to find there, prepare! :( (I guess the prices are going hard up!)

I'm going myself on the 19th of April again. :D

11. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

they want to establish more motorsport there, i hope not the formula one (because ecclestone wants always too much for this race). So this could boost it too. Then they let other companies pay a fee for using this track for testing and so on. I think there are ways next to tourist drive :)

12. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

13. Ronin_86

Ronin_86 Simracer

Well... according to the article it's reasonable to expect that, if they really going through with the sale, only race we will see in the future could be on the simulation like this.
    It's all makes me sad... properly:(, when I read this " The races are already at risk now with the prices driven up in the last few years, don't be surprised when that all collapses. "

14. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Yes I agree, there are other ways. But I think the toeristdrive have the biggest profits. I know for sure the prices for a lap will rise (now 27 euros), because the government has the ownership now and it's sold to a private company.

I saw this post on facebook. It explains it pretty well I think. I quote:

"'How can TF work the way it is now? Prices will increase to cover legal costs for the new owner.

As a toll road its a police matter for investigation, on a private road which is what it will become then the owners are responsible for any investigation, so they have to have higher insurance cover incase it's proved that the track has caused an accident. Higher insurance will increase TF drives until they stop them and concentrate on race and auto testing to make money.

Does Any other track allow single lap of their track? Nope and that's because it's problematic. That's why they have track days."

15. tekk

tekk Rookie

Why do you hate America

brianr121 likes this.
  16. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Not America, only american investors. Their way to maximize the money is known and that would be the end of this track. Capricorn is known in motorsport circles, the american investor not. ;)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

17. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

18. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

77 million euro for the ring ? that's all? I though it would be at least 3 times more.

19. buedi

buedi Rookie

I wonder if this affects if we will have the Nordschleife in AC. New owner = new license needed maybe, or at least a different price for the license and to rent the track. Does somebody know if the Track has been laser scanned by the devs already, so the data is at least "secure"?

20. As far as I know Kunos aren't scanning the Ring until later this Spring...I highly doubt the guys are renting the whole track to themselves for scanning and would assume (and I hate assuming) that the contract in hand is still binding.

21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I agree it'd be interesting to hear some confirmation from Kunos about this.

Even if the track has been scanned already there's still the issue of actually presenting the track in game after the ownership change. Only Kunos can answer, assuming they aren't in the dark as well :(