1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oculus Rift ASW 2.0 coming soon - will AC be supported?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mascot, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mascot

Mascot Racer

ASW 2.0 is coming soon for Oculus Rift but requires the game to send a 'depth feed' to the SDK. This will be natively supported in ACC due to the Unreal engine, but my question is:
    Does AC already send this depth data, and if not, do Kunos have plans to patch it in?

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rifts-asw-2-0-could-greatly-reduce-artifacts-on-low-end-systems/

As a Rift user who has to have ASW forced in Assetto Corsa to get acceptable performance, I sincerely hope that Kunos will facilitate this. It looks to be a HUGE improvement.
    Can a developer please comment?
    Many thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Weird gfx/colour Issue when using Oculus Rift. Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus rift S Pixel density not working Oct 4, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift Compositor issue (double vision) Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift S vs Reverb G2 Jan 22, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift cv1 settings for 90 fps Dec 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Not ACC Fault - Oculus Rift not recognizing USB 3 Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus rift application dropped frames. Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Variable Pixeldensity with Oculus Rift S works (a little) May 20, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift + Fanatec CSL Elite = no FFB May 16, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality AC not talking to Oculus Rift S May 10, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift in full screen May 5, 2020
    Screens & Videos Oculus Rift in full screen May 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift in full screen May 5, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Is it possible to mirror audio to speakers when using Oculus Rift? Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Rift S -Start ACC in Oculus mode -> Sim Rig Outside of Oculus Guardian Apr 11, 2020

3. katikomer

katikomer Gamer

Great post @Mascot i was thinking the same thing. I run ASW all the time and now I don’t even notice it but version 2.0 would add just that extra bit of immersion on top of what we already have. I hope Kunos can look into this.

Mascot likes this.
  4. Mascot

Mascot Racer

I just hope this post gets noticed by Kunos in the 'chit chat' section. It seemed to be where VR was discussed.
    Maybe someone could post something similar in the ACC/VR section - it's probably where most of the traffic is these days.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Lets tag @pankykapus
    But if you read this quote
    It shouldnt need any extra work at all but "its just works" to quote Jensen.

6. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Yeah, I already said that in my first post about ACC being natively supported. I was more interested in drawing attention to my query about AC by posting something similar in the ACC forums, where forum traffic is probably higher.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah I know you did. But if its natively supported it shouldnt need anything extra and when ASW 2.0 is finally released it will be 2.0 without Kunos having to do any updates or anything to ACC?

Edit:
    Im sorry! Do you talk about AC(1)?

8. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Yep, It's needed for AC, not ACC.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I doubt Kunos will lift a finger for AC until after full ACC release and few cycles of patching.
    Based on the description it doesn't sound like quick fix either and would require some serious changes to graphics engine.

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

If Kunos is too busy with the new game, maybe Ilja, who his doing all the heavy lifting in improving AC since Kunos has stopped, will be able to help.:p
    As pankykapus mentioned "For games which use custom engines, ASW 2.0 could require significant effort on the developer’s part." since AC is a custom engine and Kunos said the development on AC is stopped and since the number of VR user is tiny tiny but noisy :D , I think we are on our own to have it done.;)

mms likes this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I suspect that would require source code patching, not mere shaders replacement.

mms likes this.
  12. Mascot

Mascot Racer

I'll be extremely disappointed if Kunos don't patch this in, if indeed the current engine doesn't provide the data already.

katikomer likes this.
  13. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

While I agree that it would be great to have this and as an Oculus Rift owner with a few years old PC I would also benefit from it, I don't really understand why you would be extremely disappointed if the developers did nothing about it. They made it clear that the development of Assetto Corsa is finished and expecting anything new is not realistic in my opinion. It is possible that AC will be compatible or can be made compatible without the developer's help but expecting them to drop the development of their new game to patch their previous title for a very small percentage of the playerbase is not fair to them.

mms likes this.
  14. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Erm.. OK.
    Thanks.

Like I say, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I really wouldn't hold your breath for this feature to be added in, I would guess unless a massive critical bug is found in AC I doubt there will be any further patches or updates.

16. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't even start hoping mate

17. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

You are just setting yourself up for disappointment. The most I would hope for is a comment from the devs and even that is quite a lot to ask in this situation, I wouldn't blame them for not getting involved in this when they have their hands full with the ACC development.
    It would be great if someone more knowledgeable about the AC engine could enlighten us about the possibilities, I don't have time to investigate it myself at the moment.

mms likes this.
  18. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Seeing that a patch would probably break the entire shaders mod, or most of it would have to be rewritten, i'd rather not have Kunos update the game. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see ASW 2.0, but everything x4fab has done to the game would vanish at that exact day. And it would either be gone forever or would take quite a while to be recoded.

19. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

When they say 'could require', they just mean that some games/custom engines wont offer immediate external access to the depth buffer, which ASW2.0 requires. For those situations, re-configuring things so that the Oculus SDK could 'see' this could potentially be a non-trivial task(though not necessarily).

However, I think AC, having been a game that works with Nvidia 3D Vision, should offer this, as 3D Vision also requires this. It's not clear whether AC automatically offers this or if it needed some special driver permission or something, but as a game built with modding in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if it was immediately available. If not, it doesn't seem as though it'd be anything that'd require 'significant effort', either way.

My hunch would be that it will work with ASW 2.0 with no work on Kuno's part required. Though if something is required, even something properly trivial, I wouldn't expect Kunos to drop what they're doing to enable it. They seem full focused on ACC now.

Mascot and Cote Dazur like this.
  20. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Is this fact or speculation?

21. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Part speculation, because noone knows how much about the exe and the pdb would be changed, and part fact, because x4fab said so himself. His patch is directly tied to that very specific exe file, which is also why unfortunately it will never work on the 32bit executable and also why fortunately it will never work with a cracked version of the game. I've seen people trying to get it work on cracked versions, failing and buying the game shortly after. It's like the best copy protection this game has right now, lol.