1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[OS] So, how's Windows 11 performing in 2022?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by aotto1977, Feb 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

In the last few days, MS started offering me the Win11 update on startup. Generally I like the idea of keeping my PC as up to date as possible, but here I'm a bit hesitant, because of the reports of Win11 coming with a noticeable cost in FPS and compatibility issues regarding AMD processors and Oculus software.

But as far as I did my researches, those issue reports date back to oct/nov '21 – do those still exist by today?

In other words: Is Win11 ready to race, or will it Ticktum my sim experience?

My hardware: AMD Ryzen 5600X, RTX 3080, Oculus Quest 2

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues How's my pc performance for this game? Jan 2, 2015

3. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I see you're using an Oculus headset: the headset isn't officially supported under Windows 11 yet, so I'd stick to Windows 10 for the moment.

AndyK70 and aotto1977 like this.
  4. aotto1977

Oh, thanks for the info. I assumed that status would be outdated by now, but Oculus still has an according statement on the support site.

5. kro

kro Simracer

A pictures worth a thousand words lol, & this is just the top 2 row's. theirs a whole bunch of gamers not happy with the stutters from win 11 TPM issue. & If you're on a Ryzen chip set I suggest stay far far away. lol, as always, your milage may vary...
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.02 - 14.06.25.03.jpg

AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  6. Windows 7 still works nice in 2022! :)

kro likes this.
  7. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

No problems here everything works perfectly.

RafaRace, VeryStef, kro and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Same here, even better after getting rid of all the bloatware (Farcebook etc..)

anthony galmiche and kro like this.
  9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

For what it's worth, I have Windows 11 on my gaming PC and it's working fine. I am not using VR (yet) and I'm certainly not pushing super high resolutions but I run ACC maxed out otherwise. I could not see any difference in performance compared with Windows 10. All AMD setup: Ryzen 5 5600X and RX 6800 XT.

10. aotto1977

Not really. All of those videos are published X months ago, most of them even half a year. Considering Win 11 being quite a "fresh" OS with patches applied, that information will most likely be outdated.
    I mentioned that in my original post.

11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

kro, sps_for_race and aotto1977 like this.
  12. aotto1977

Thanks, that's what I asked for.

Dewald Nel and AndyK70 like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's a really weird issue though, where no one is even sure what's actually going on. Probably multiple issues lumped into one. And I personally haven't encountered it on two different Ryzen systems through all Insider Preview builds, so I can't report and help getting it fixed. For me fTPM didn't cause issues in 10 and doesn't in 11 either.

14. Windows 11 installed from scratch a few days ago, first time. Using Rift S it was working from the start but with some issues.

Oculus home was not showing pressing the home button while any game is running, and some jitter.

First problem went away by rebooting or because I changed to beta, not sure, probably beta.

Second issue went away when I installed the motherboard USB drivers for windows 10.

So far no problems and very smooth but need more testing

15. I have it running on 4 PCs at the moment. 3 (2 laptops) were upgrades from Win10 and 1 is a fresh install.
    On my main dev PC (upgrade) it felt sligtly slower right from the start.. hard to say now.
    One of the 2 laptops is a bit problematic and started to have troubles going to sleep right after the upgrade.

TBH it's an upgrade that makes no sense at all to me.. stuff is even more confusing with old windows parts interacting with the new redesigned parts.. one example is the context menu on explorer showing only few items + a "show more options" that ends up opening up the old context menu. The control panel situation has been bad for decades, it's almost comical at the moment, with settings scattered around at least 2 different "control panels" that randomly link to each other.. trying to find the setting you're looking for is like playing a bad game where you have to click around at random to find stuff, probably the laziest Windows version ever, the fact that there are hundreds of people working on this is mindblowing.

Vel, John g, Want2BFast and 9 others like this.
  16. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I think there are lots of under the hood improvements , that are irrelevant to the average user but are prob aimed towards business like MS Teams integration, Improved security, and better resource management. I personally have not bothered to update my personal machine

17. aotto1977

Oooof. And I thought Win 11 would be a good idea because it got rid of all the old "backwards compatible" stuff Win 10 still carried around…

18. G.I. JOEL

G.I. JOEL Rookie

It's OK - no big changes seen yet beyond the annoying omission of folder thumbnail view (all folders now look the same). I recently upgraded from a G29 to a CSL Elite and am experiencing some odd issues including not being able to activate the wheel's d-pad in ACC so I'm not sure if that's a WIndows 11 problem or something else going on with my system. I use an Oculus Rift and have had zero issues.

19. Nuu

Nuu Gamer

maybe delete controls.json and start over.

win11 working fine for me

20. saurohd

saurohd Racer

has someone installed win11 and use Pimax software???

21. racerx7474

racerx7474 Rookie

I have a fresh install from hp with a I9 12900 and RTX3090 and Hp reverb G2. Runs well.