1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Past banned players will not be able to play multiplayer

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Saturn5, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Saturn5

Saturn5 Rookie

Anyone at Kunos: Since there are obviously many users on these forums, including myself who cannot authenticate their steam account and access support forums, this will also mean that they cannot play the multiplayer features of this game. Obviously, this is a big problem. You cannot legally sell a game that offers features and then exclude users that were at some time in the past banned. Advise me if I am incorrect and offer a direct solution. If you cannot, or won't, then you will have to offer refunds. Please advise. It's a game and should not turn into a bigger problem. Don't you agree?
    Thanks,
    Saturn5

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Able to select past Engine Map 8 on any car Oct 5, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis Jan 16, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 192 – Double Mint Twins… and a Psycho Pastel Falcon Stoops. Aug 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions GT1 or past GT3 cars Mar 24, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds getting past 'setting defaults' Mar 8, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Literally cannot launch the game past the main menu. Nov 26, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Randomly no G25 pedal signals after loading track past recent WIN10 creators update May 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Proposal for the future... while looking at the past Apr 2, 2017
    Suggestions past tracks - imola & silverstone Feb 24, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cant Load Past Main Menu Feb 20, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa doesn´t go past the loading screen Dec 2, 2016
    Suggestions Seat Position and more FOV past 50-60% Aug 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room REMEMBER to clean you computer coolers and check thermal paste every now and then!! Aug 28, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't get past game launcher Jul 15, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't get past game launcher Jul 7, 2016

3. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

"Early Access".

Typer likes this.
  4. chakko

chakko Alien

Apart from that i don't understand why you are not able to link your Steam account with the forum... why is this not legal?
    And why the passive-aggressive demanding tone in your post?

jim jones, Ace Pumpkin, Typer and 2 others like this.
  5. mms

mms Alien

I don't know where do you get that from, if you're able to start the game then it means it has authenticated your steam account. If you mean that you cannot associate your steam ID to the account in these forums, maybe because there's already a banned account associated with the steam ID, then well, there's probably a good reason for that.

But that does not mean you cannot use the game, it's just that you will not have access to some sections of this forum.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how forum access would be tied to multiplayer access?

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Dont you worry game will have cool Singleplayer features you can enjoy :D

If it is true what you said.. lol

R. Iván and martcerv like this.
  8. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Just because a steam account is banned form the forums does NOT mean it is banned from going online and playing multi player.. Where ever you got this information from was totally wrong..
    The only way you would be stopped from playing online multiplayer, is if you was banned from the game servers for cheating or hacking or something.. Game help sites and game servers are TOTALLY different things and almost never directly connected in THAT way.

And no, companies do not Have to offer you your money back, they can choose to offer your money back, but they don't HAVE to..

sissydriver likes this.
  9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I would strongly suggest you put a question mark after the thread title.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Some people who bought the game wont even be a member on these forums, so why would anyone be banned for not registering their Steam account here?

mms and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is a support forum and has no link to the multiplayer access of any of our Assetto Corsa games. The steam profile is only used to verify you've a valid copy of the game and therefore rights to ask for support. Being banned from this forums simply revokes your ability to post here, and has no relation to your access or game capabilities.

- Kevin

Epistolarius, mms, Thug and 2 others like this.
  12. Saturn5

Saturn5 Rookie

Thanks for the clarification :)

13. Yea, you're incorrect on just about everything you've said. Have you ever heard of or read the END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)? Because you agreed to it before you could even play this game or just about any other game. They could sell you the game today, ban you tomorrow, and don't even have to tell you why if they wanted too. And no they would not have to give you a refund and it would all be perfectly legal. Maybe try reading the user license agreements you've already legally agreed too. Before demanding/pretending you know what they legally can and can't do, or owe you.

jim jones likes this.