1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Patch released on PS4 - No MP changes listed

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by EMW SMILER, Sep 29, 2016.

1. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

No worries, I don't think anyone is going to kill you. You are showing that you are looking into things in a mature manner.
    I certainly believe if it was a simple matter Kunos would have given some form of insight about it and their plans to deal with it , but I am afraid it is a lot more complicated then most would believe.
    Yeah! yeah! yeah! we are going to have some folks saying...... Well this game, that game has it....why is it not in AC. For the less informed they just have to accept that the main feature that makes AC diffrent could be a factor that is complicating issues. Once again this is how I see it and not KS's

2. I think if they rotated tracks for now, that would be a start while they try to find a way to achieve private lobbies.

EMW SMILER and Rockefelluh like this.
  3. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I dont know the real reasonings behind the decision to not include private lobbies on consoles but im willing to bet its about money. As someone above said, pc has private lobbies but they are payed for by the players. I think this decision has basically killed this game before it even had a chance.

Servers do cost money theres no disputing that but while in the short term not having private lobbies saves money, in the long term they just lost almost all of their current as well as future player base. It seems to be a case of being penny wise dollar stupid.

While the actual driving is great, racing is not so much. Theres only so many ai races and hot laps people can endure. I can respect the fact that theres a small team working on the game, but to release a game in the state it was in was certainly not ideal.

Theres really not enough content besides not having private lobbies to keep enough players around to wait for all the patches this game will get. Pcars' player base was decimated by a similiar situation and i was suprised to see them basically do the same thing and expect different results.

I do think we live in a time of instant gratification and some people can be a little ridiculous. But, this also has to work both ways. There are certain things customers expect from games in 2016 and time and time again games are released either unfinished or just not really ready for prime time.

I dont think Kunos did themselves any justice by releasing this game at this time. I know it was delayed a couple of times already but another couple of months wouldnt have killed them either to put together a "full" experience.

I personally knew what i was getting for the most part. The only thing i expected to be great were the physics and they certainly dont dissapoint. I just hate the fact that when ive been asked if the game is good or not i always have to reply truthfully and say its an excellent driving sim, but its a bad racing game. Im not saying private lobbies are the most important thing in the world, but for a game like this it really wouldve made a world of a difference for many.

Hammerpgh and EMW SMILER like this.
  4. Sorry I meant custom lobbies.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  5. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Something has to change in multiplayer.
    I love driving in ac. The driving in ac is the best thing since sliced Mario kart.

However, without a reason to drive I dont drive, in real life or in game.
    Unless I have to get somewhere I don't drive in real life.
    If I don't have anyone to race online I won't keep driving ac for long.

I'm loving the tatuus fa01 at the moment, it's a fantastic racing experience.
    Last night I raced the tatuus online race at barcelona for just over an hour.

I was first into the lobby. As soon as I joined I restarted the qualifying to give 15 minutes for others to join. First qualifying session no one you joined so I restarted qualifying. Another 15 minutes passed and no one joined. Restart qualifying for a 3rd time. I've now been driving solo online for 30 minutes.

Solo online. Sounds like a contradiction.

3rd qualifying session 1 other player joined. He/she completed 2laps and then quit.
    I restarted the qualifying session for a 4th time, no one joined.

I got my best lap time down to 1:45.1, which I was pleased with.

But an hour online encountering 1 other player.

I feel trapped, I can't go back to pcars now, I just can't but I rarely find anyone to race online.

I'm unlikely to buy any dlc if I can't find racers online.

Release the udp data so a 3rd party can create leaderboards might keep me interested a bit longer.

I love the driving in in ac.

Nwg likes this.
  6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys an advice : for the most "hardcore" of you people that you appreciate AC's physics so you are not so much of the more arcadish games ( were most people are in consoles ) , I would suggest to really consider move to pc . Console version of AC might never have the possibilities of pc version ( common truth ). Or if it does, you might need to wait for long time.
    Kunos never promised anything about private lobbies. There are none in pc.
    Can't predict the future but I comment about present.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Nwg and boskapongen like this.
  7. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Funny thing was is that I got the console version because i thought the multiplayer would be better. I agree that console players are more used to more arcade like physics, but I dont think many casual players bought this game. Pcars kind of answered that question for them, if they bought that game and didnt like it, they werent going to like this.

The bulk of my friends list are mostly all people i met playing racing games and only a handful bought this game because they realized they werent into the more sim experience.

I dont think i would invest more money in this game by playing it on the pc. I think that its a very similiar experience and i wouldnt need two copies of the same game.

Im sure eventually things will get better, i dont think private lobbies will be added though either, i will still play it from time to time but i probably wont buy any dlc. If they made a sequel i wouldnt be so quick to buy that either and i think this is the problem for kunos.

They may say that they dont really care about consoles, but why would they make a console port, money. They wanted to sell more copies of their game but imo they may have gained more detractors than fans.

8. Odbball

Odbball Racer

It's difficult to understand how we got onto who likes what type of physics or game type in this thread?

This thread was about the merits of multiplayer on consoles.

The small amount of players on line suggests adjustments should be made.

A few of my suggestions;
    -tracks rotate in specific car lobbies
    - lobbies can be joined whilst race is in progress, not the race but lobby
    - lobbies are not geographically specific, let us all play together easily
    -one lobby per car/track combo. There seems to be at least 2 of each?

All of these come distant second to custom lobbies!

9. Jaye

Jaye Alien

My AC experience since early access:
    - get my ten years old Logitech Driving Force Pro out of the cellar
    - get three 27 inch screens to go triples
    - get the brand new GTX 980 (because I wanted eye candy back and my 670 had to fight hard for triples) with the need of a new power supply and tower
    - get a nice rig
    - get the T300 Alcantara
    - upgrade to the Intel 6700 with new board and Motherboard
    - get the Thrustmaster Shifter

And AC really kills my playtime of other games, all DLCs insta buys, running several public servers, running own league and participating in others, also participating in 24h of LeMans with driver change, the ability to use mods (tracks with bigger grids for example), aiming for VR next...

So, you can't imagine how different this experience is ;)

eSEA One, liakjim and myimac like this.
  10. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Im not really into gaming on pc but i have a decent gaming laptop with a gtx 960m and intel 6700 which is good enough for 1080p gaming that i hookup to my 60in tv, i also have a decent steering wheel setup thrustmaster tx with the 599 alcantra rim, t3pa pro pedals, th8a shifter and wheelstand pro.

So its not a question of a visual or wheel experience, i prefer consoles because thats where my friends are and i find the consoles to be easier to just pickup and play rather than deal with driver updates and other sorts of optimizations.

If the console version had private or custom lobbies i could join or start a league, or just race with a group of friends like i do in every other game on the console. This is the problem these options are not there, regardless of the real reasons some sort of custom lobbies should be there. Its not a question of processing power or multiplayer infrastructure(its xbox live), almost every game has these options.

As someone said above ive kind of gone off topic, but i dont think it was too off topic. I just feel as though the less people that buy the game, the less people play the game and ultimately we will see less support for the game.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Same story. Things AC made me buy (AC alone): 2 wheels (first G27, later sold it and got a T500), TH8A shifter, trackIR5 when I was on single screen, later 2 extra screen for triples, upgrading from 770 SLI to 980 Ti because 2 Gb VRAM wasn't enough for triples, SimVibe software and Pearl buttkicker, now I can feel the suspension, kerbs and road bumps in my seat in quite believable way. Would want another Buttkicker to my pedals, to feel weight shift and front/rear suspension loading separately.

None of this would have happened without AC, I had no interest in triple screens or even wheels before testing AC with a wheel at friends place. First I was skeptical about buttkickers, but it's really a gamechanger, while nowhere near a motion sim. Feeling the car suspension load in different bumps (small/big/kerbs/jumps) accurately in your seat adds so much immersion and sense of speed.

Not the mention the hundreds of mods. Currently my AC has lot more realistic sounds in several cars (mods), race engineer that actually talks to me, and I can ask it a bunch of things about my car/tyres/race via speech recognition (CrewChief v4), improved cloud textures, improved PP filters and weathers, bunch of free tracks like the amazing VIR mod: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/

Not to mention LUT, Sidekick, RSR live timing.. So definitely there's reasons to play this on PC. Most of this stuff isn't possible on consoles.

AC isn't just a game, it's a way of life :D Sim racing is more like a hobby of it's own. There's lots of people who play nothing else than racing sims, their whole rig is build for it. And there isn't that many serious sim titles to choose from, building a rig because of AC makes perfect sense, since it has one of the best handling feels. And I've noticed AC appeals to lot of car enthusiasts of all ages, who would not normally go even near games.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Jaye likes this.
  12. Odbball

Odbball Racer

I'd be happy to pay £5 per month subscription if it meant public and private customisable lobbies on console.
    That's £60 per year.

13. Jaye

Jaye Alien

@ShredatorFIN Absolutely :)

@Nwg You said there you doubt that there is much difference, but it is. AC would never had caught me with the console version. And the healthy multiplayer for a racing sim doesn't only come from being able to run custom servers. Besides the lack of private lobbies what do you read most time in console lounge? First is lack of leaderboards, on PC we got RSR (and another one I've forget the name) for hotlapping pleasure and we've got sTracker which is really great to make league practice a huge joy. Second is the lack of clean multiplayer and there we've got Minorating which can make normal public racing to real clean racing (and three systems like SRS, justrace, forget the name again, which could be the next step to iRacing like multiplayer one day). Third is the lack of ingame apps which we also had long long time, but many coders out there delivered the things we wanted and much more.
    So @liakjim didn't want to make consoles bad, it was just a little suggestion to all console players who got infected by sim racing but are disappointed. And I really only can follow his advice and everyone who has got a friend owning AC on PC should give it a try if he can (e.g. with steam family sharing).

But you are right, back to thr real topic:

You said "multiplayer infrastructure (xbox live)"? I thought AC isn't using it and therefor you can use multiplayer without paying microsoft and sony for it.

And the processing power is really a problem. The console APUs really struggle with AC, not only visual wise. The processing power is eaten up by the physics calculations, that's the reason why the visual quality needed to be reduced and that's the reason why Kunos can't simply implement self-hosted lobbies (a full grid AC server with good settings needs between half and a full CPU core).

14. Nwg

Nwg Racer

You've brought up some differences in the experience but they are not part of the core of assetto corsa. They are basically like third party support and this is what i meant about it not being ready for prime time.

All these great things have been added by other people, not the developer. At some point you would have thought these things wouldve been intergrated into the game by the developer but they havent.

I have no problem buying games or supporting developers if i think they deserve it. I bought pcars, it was a mess but eventually things were fixed and i bought all the dlc. I bought dirt rally on steam, thought it was great but like i said above my friends are on console so i bought it again when it came out on xbox because i thought codies deserved it.

I could do the same with assetto eventually, but as of right now i payed $50 for a hot lapping game which is fine. I just feel as though the more money i put into something the more im going to expect.

I dont feel as though i can expect much more from kunos with regards to custom/private lobbies and leaderboards. I believe these features should have been in game on all platforms but they're not and there's no guarantee they ever will be.

I will continue to play it and i do enjoy it for the most part. I hope they continue to support the console versions, not only dlc wise but other fixes and additions for the forseeable future.

I dont want to come off like im dissapointed in the game because im not, im just dissapointed in a seemingly missed opportunity.

15. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I simply do not believe that consoles are at there limits because of the physics of this game , Project cars also has a power draining physics engine plus dynamic weather plus multi car grid line up crash effects damage and a whole lot more going on, Assetto has nothing , there are many AAA games out there that are more demanding on the consoles processing power than Assetto Corsa.

Personally I don't buy into all these excuses, I like Assetto but its a pretty shallow game and to keep blaming its shortfalls on lack of console processing power is blinkered when you see what other development teams and 3rd parties have achieved.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    EMW SMILER and Nwg like this.
  16. I understand you're a PC player so maybe you don't understand the basics as far as console racers go. The custom lobby is essential in any console sim racing game. Without the custom lobby, the game is essentially useless for the console sim player. I also don't think the physics calculations are the issue. Other games do custom lobbies while pushing hardware to the maximum. Forza and GT both push systems hard but have custom lobbies.

I think the real problem here is Kunos has been a PC developer and didn't fully investigate the console community and understand it's needs and expectations before releasing. On the PC, they can just release the game and tweak the physics while letting users set up their own servers and let the modding community fix or add the things that are needed.

It's the same mistake SimBin made when attempting to make the jump to the consoles. I only hope they understand this. If they want any chance of this game having long term success on the consoles the additions of things like custom lobbies and time trial leaderboards are not options, they are requirements.

Nwg and Bibbles like this.
  17. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I gave up waiting for Project Cars to get fixed - by the time it was, the lobbies were dead - never touched it again. I hoped Kunos had a rabbit in the hat (op) and I was mistaken... I REALLY enjoy driving on AC but as GeorgiaDawg say's Custom lobbies, Leaderboards and Track rotation (is there an echo?) are key content for MP competition - for console users. As a sim, playing single player on my own is ok for a little while but online racing offers so much more. I'm still here enjoying my console, and have no interest in spending £1000 or more for a pc I wouldn't know how to operate - I hope still, that Kunos will bring us some or all of these things because with them it would definitely be naffing brilliant ... soon though - lobbies are empty already. Yes I know they are working hard, but if we're all gone what's the point?

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Here lies the problem, everyone who bought p cars probably bought this, but everyone who bought p cars seen all these problems before and after 3 months gave it up lobbies emptied. Then after 10 patches and another year the game is now very playable online with loads of options and people repurchased it. Lots of people bought this lobbies were full first few weeks, but because the game has many faults, lots of basic stuff missing, they have chopped it straight in while it's still worth a bit of money. If the game gets fixed and the basic stuff that's missing gets put in, these people may come back and repurchase the game.

MBK72 and Nwg like this.
  19. I'm wondering if that will even happen. PCARS is dead now. Hardly anyone online. And the game actually works well now. It's a shame

20. Jaye

Jaye Alien

For me they are the core aspect of AC, because without them I would never been caught by simracing after my little steps in Live for speed more then ten years ago.
    I only wanted to sign the suggestion to think about switching to PC on the longrun for everyone who wants more of AC, especially when the expensive racing gear is already there. But it was just a suggestion and it's surely not a must or fits everyone.

And you are absolutely allowed to be disappointed. It's very easy to feel like the console players when I think about AC without the third party apps or remember the times when the PC crowd was waiting for features. Just as one example: we got own servers early, but had to wait long for admin controls.

At first I'm a gamer since the good old Nintendo Gameboy in the early 90s (and I'm proud it's still alive ;)), played also on most of the consoles, got a PS3 on my TV which was planned to be switched to the upcoming PS4 but Sony don't want my money because they decided optical discs are dead (but this is another topic). But yes most time PC, there are only a few genres or exclusive games where I prefer the console.

And there are so many reasons why you can't compare AC to Forza or GT, from the company size up to the genre itself. And you can't argue that consoles are hardware limited (also the upcoming once), they will lose everytime with their APU versus PCs with a dedicated CPU/GPU. The big differences are over after consoles switched to x86 technology. Maybe there is still some room where you can squeeze out some performance due to low level APIs, but this is just a few percents and often not done because of simple multi platform development.
    And when I see how much processing power is used at the fastest available CPUs only in AC hotlapping (so no AI calculations needed) then I know why the consoles struggle to get the needed stable 60FPS.

And this is what I wrote here and why Kunos need time to evaluate and why I'm sure the delivered solution won't be satisfy for the console crowd. The possibilities they got aren't that easy. Don't know so much about this payed multiplayer system on consoles, but I think it will be also a lot of work because more integration will be needed (we also have no real steam integration here). And on the other hand a dedicated server solution for consoles could offer a lot of possibilities due to the fact that things like Minorating and sTracker are server third party plugins.

And that's the reason why I asked and why I wrote "serious", but the only answers were "we need it". Sure you need it, the same way I need proper AC multiplayer, but the question was "what do you expect" regarding to the points I've listed.