1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pause in hotstints shouldn't be blocked?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Alwox, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

Hotstint (especially long one) is mostly about endurance and keeping focus for long time. Shouldn't be then possibility to use pause limited? Maybe some penalty for using pause or same system like in multiplayer that we have to stop to use pause? What do you think? In my opinion it's less realistic and fair for all user when we can cheat with pausing game for example after every 10 min.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Race pauses after rotating race wheel slightly on TS-XW. Jan 1, 2023
    ACC User Interface Cockpit distance value change with d-pad when on pause menu [misconfig] Feb 10, 2022
    ACC Gameplay no correct continuation after pause Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Update Paused: Win10 threat protection blocking [Update your Win Defender db] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting pause menu thread Feb 2, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suspected Logitech G29 issue throwing out to pause in-game Dec 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Bad pauses every few seconds Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when pause menu (UE4) [using FREX FFB SimWHEEL] Apr 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.1.1] Replay Pause Oct 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Pause Menu resets MFD Page (1.1) Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC 1.0.7 still exist bug with ffb in out of pause game and menu! Aug 3, 2019
    ACC User Interface Pause Button goes off Jul 19, 2019
    ACC User Interface No pause button in career mode Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [V1.0.2] xBox One elite - Gear Up on Un-pause (***fixed v1.0.7***) Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals shifting when pressing drive in pause menu Jun 4, 2019

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Pause +1sec :D

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I see what you mean but what is the advantage of pausing every 10 minutes if someone was to do so? For me I would rather just keep going and maintain the rhythm. Even with my DD wheel, hydraulic load cell brake up to 200kg force I don't need a break (but get a decent workout:D) and wouldn't see any advantage in stopping unless maybe I needed to answer a call or something. That's not really an advantage other then I could take the call and continue where I was rather then start all over again or need to ignore everything else to do the hot stint.

I highly doubt anyone gets any advantage by stopping and doubt even more anyone would bother to stop every 10 minutes and take hours to do a 1 hour run. ;)

chksix likes this.
  5. nhitrac

nhitrac Gamer

In my view simply dont use it if you dont want to, especially if you're offline-ing.

In RL (as in gamers like us), we have kids, wifes, chores, phone ringing etc to attend to and won't be able to commit a full three or six hours to just sit in front of a computer... At least I think a lot of us dont have that luxury :)

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't really think so. I mean I see the point, but to be honest I don't really consider it an advantage to pause and rejoin a stint - probably anybody will lose a lot time and performance to get into the rythm again.
    In case a driver isn't trained enough to consistently drive 60 minutes and would improve by splitting this into smaller pieces over the day, he isn't competitive anyways.

On the other hand there is a huge convenience advantage by allowing the pause; like others noted there is this weird "REAL LIFE" everybody is talking about.

Red Or Dead, chksix and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It could be a marketing opportunity for Kunos, force a time penalty for stops and sell kunos branded Pee Valves or adult nappies for the dedicated sim racers, that want to do hot stints but not spoil their race seats. :D

8. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

Sure, just wanted to talk about it ;) I understand real-life argument (i'm also nowadays really rarely having 60min fully free time for playing :/ ) and it's good point. On the other hand it's just one of many race mode so we don't have to play it at all and we can leave it for people who like (and are able to play) this one.

But where i see here advantage? At least for me it looks like after 20min my lap times are worse and worse, i know it have nothing to endurance while driving real race car but still it's hard to keep focus for this time without training. So what can i do in that case? Pausing game after 20min for short time like 1 min, drink a bit of coffee and walk around table :D It's enough to see improvement in performance and not that much to lose rhythm. And here i see some not really fair point to people who trained to keep them focused and concentrated for this 60min of driving ;)

EDIT: Maybe good compromise will be not to punish pause but to reward not-pausing :) Not sure what could be that at this stage of game but probably in future you will have more opportunities for that. Maybe something connected with driver rating, like using 'focus time' to calculate CN?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I do see your point but also what Minolin said, if someone finds they need to stop and take a break they are less likely to be competitive as those at the top of charts can do these stints with no issues. As you get better you will also likely be more consistent and faster over the stint distance.

Its not like people are able rewind after a pause to fix errors which would surely go against the hot stint idea, its still a continuous run and having a pause IMHO would be more likely to create an error due to loss of rhythm then gain over the lack of physical or mental endurance. It would likely be a complete waste of time to code but if the coders ever run out of work (highly unlikely :p) they could possibly add code to show number of pauses in a hot stint. I would like to see more info for others times in the leaderboard, such as time penalties/off-tracks, full lap times etc and adding pauses to this would at least show if someone was kind of taking the piss literally and stopping multiple times in a hot stint. But maybe they could just have a very weak bladder and need the Kunos merch I mentioned above.

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I made a joke in my first post but here is coment from a guy who did full 2x 3hrs endurances races

First time i paused couple of times during it and like mentioned in above posts it took me couple of laps to get back in grove...and i noticed in timeline that i had way more invalid laps after coming from break.

While 2nd time i did race no pause and i was doing pretty good. For entire race.

And yea after all it is offline... and no real advantage is gained...except people who pause driving even longer then they should be :D

11. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Pause only in pits ;)

Fr0zzen likes this.
  12. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

D.Jankovic That make sense. I feel almost convinced :D

D.Jankovic likes this.