1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pedal calibration

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by tbhockeyboy, Mar 11, 2019.

1. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

I am using a Logitech G29 and the default brake pedal setup in this game requires far too much force. With as much weight as the pedal board will support before lifting off the ground and I only get about 80% brake pressure. Will brake calibration be coming to this game?

On a side note, the rev counters in some cars are not calibrated for the G29 rev counter. The Ferrari 488 is one of them.

UPDATE I've opened a support thread on this: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/g29-braking-calibration.55447/

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Pedal calibration Oct 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T3PA Pedals Conical Brake Mod Calibration Sep 20, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 brake pedal - why no Calibration menu on console version? Jun 16, 2018
    Console Lounge Pedal calibration feature request Aug 26, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Pedals not being recognized in calibration wizard Oct 7, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Pedals Calibration Sep 14, 2016
    Suggestions We Need Wheel / Pedal Calibration Aug 31, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Pedal calibration Aug 26, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues how to enable automatic pedals calibration? Apr 12, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec v3 brakepedal calibration Feb 13, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues ARC Team pedals [Windows calibration needed] Nov 27, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023

3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

You already can set the maximum (and minimum) force required in the advanced settings for the pedals in-game, so try setting a maximum force about 20-30 clicks down. That should do it. In time those G29 rubber stoppers do soften up, so you can probably ease this figure back over time. Either that or your legs get stronger! :D

4. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Thanks. Thing is though, in that Advanced Settings area, the force it shows for my brake is totally different than in game, it hardly requires any force there to get to 100%. That said, I guess doing what you said will still achieve what I need in either case. Ill give it a shot, thanks.

Lol yea it's not a matter of leg strength, this board just won't support that much force w/o being mounted.

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

That's weird, I do not get that with mine. A strong force is required, but not so much as the pedal board lifts off, and the force required 'on track' aligns exactly with what I see in the advanced settings. Sorry I can't advise on that.

6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I also have a G29 and have the same problem. What I see in the calibration screen does not reflect the brake force while driving. For me at least, breaking until you reach the rubber, it should reach around 50% in the calibration screen, but only 20~30% while driving. But I think that's a bug because sometimes both will be the same, usually only during the first session or until I restart it, it's very weird.

Anyway, I set the max value around 50(which is a lot). It helps us reach 100% braking but makes it hard to control it while releasing(while pressing against the rubber) since it's more sensitive. Maybe something like rFactor 2 style of calibration where you can set a curve? That way we could make the rubber part of the brakes not be so sensitive.

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  7. StoneSpb

StoneSpb Gamer

I used two-sided sticky tape to stick my G27's pedal board to the floor until racing seat appeared :) It made a trick and you don't need to compromise brake precision.

8. StoneSpb

StoneSpb Gamer

As far as I know Logitech pedals need calibration every time after device is switched on. So I have to push all pedals in full range before racing (otherwise I'll lock wheels for the first braking).
    Maybe your case is similar?

9. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

I'm not sure, I don't have this issue in any game other than ACC.

10. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

When I was using my G27 in AC I had to depress all pedals once while being in the pit-screen and BEFORE going out on track, otherwise I´d have completely wonky pedals (brakes locking with about 10% brakepressure, etc etc).

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, this is a known 'feature' of the G29 and can be a problem for those that remove the rubber stopper. The existing curve gets much steeper at the end so without the support the brake gets really 'grabby'.

Have eithere of you tried swapping the brake and the clutch over in the game and see if you still have the problem?

12. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

It's not a problem with the G29. I like the rubber stopper and it works well everywhere else. The issue here is ACC curve not aligning in the calibration menu and on the track.

13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I think we're taking at cross-purposes. I agree, and also like the stopper. My first paragraph was an observation on MakeMeLaugh's comment about the curve.

14. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Ah right right, my b :D

15. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I didn't remove the rubber. It's a problem here because of what the OP said, the brake sensitivity while racing and on the calibration menu are different and because of that I have to add +50 to max brake, which makes it more sensitive, which would not be a problem if not for the rubber part where it's hard to control the pressure you apply.

I tried using clutch as brake but it feels wrong lol.

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  16. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

How do we raise this to Kunos' attention? I didn't see any other threads around this specific issue.

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

No, I know you didn't remove the rubber. I'm just saying that the Logitech have an upward curve built into the brake pedal that may be exasperating your sensitivity issue.

18. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Add a thread in the support forum for controllers and peripherals.

19. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Oh dear... Reading it though it seems like that guy's problem is that the max limit won't go lower than 50, whereas you have (IMO) a much more serious issue of the calibration giving differing outputs between the options screen and in-game, so I would still say it's worth opening a new support thread.

21. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Ah ok, I'll do that then.