1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Phisics seems strange

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by degobiol, Sep 6, 2016.

1. degobiol

degobiol Gamer

Hi guys,

I love this game and, as a lot of us, waiting for private lobbies. I test something looking stange with a friend of mine : he was stop on the track foot on the brakes, i drove to bump him at 10Km/h and he slided for a 20 meters distance away. I know this test is stupid, but i ever had an accident faster than that, and i never slide so far. Is it a issue, a bug, or is it what you wanted to do ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New Phisics Jul 6, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues LaFerrari rpm bug and tire's phisics bug Apr 2, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How to calculate or set flat spot phisics in mod tyres? Nov 6, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on PS5 - Driver swap seems to be forced even though disabled in the settings Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer CP server start time seems to be wrong. Jun 6, 2021
    ACC Physics Car losing drive or spinning wheels, car seems to do burnout, no brake applied Apr 29, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Cars seems to float over the track. Mar 5, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Car's gearing seems to change while driving Feb 4, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds "asc.exe" crashes. The error seems to only occur when "acs.exe" tries to hand the interface back to Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality 1.6.0 - seems awesome! Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Car seems stuck in pit but actually it's not Sep 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Jaguar competitive for league racing? Seems unloved... Sep 24, 2020
    ACC Gameplay How is saving game supposed to work if it seems to be messed up like this? Jul 27, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello, Assetto Corsa seems to be reading the raw data of my pedals Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Seems like there are many simple fixes to improve the VR experience that Kunos could be making Mar 10, 2020

3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Could be something to do with online lag.

Try it offline and see what happens, try and get an AI driver to do the same.

4. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

It is more than likely just connection/lag/collision detection as you say. I'm in Australia but play with people from the USA and the slightest touch can be wild depending on connection. The better the connection to each other ie: geographical distances, adequate internet bandwidth but more importantly latency otherwise commonly known as 'Ping' will determine how stable and realistic the collisions/impacts will be/look.

I actually commend and congratulate Kunos for their effort in this aspect of the game, other than a couple of hiccups in the early days most of the connections to my friends overseas have been very smooth in comparsion to other games, the best in fact across both consoles. This is a big part of the online experience as 'Rubbin's Racin' and can affect a games online experience heavily for myself and other remotely located cities/countries. Today I was racing the Mclaren F1GTR at Silverstone with a friend from the USA and after slamming into him upon missing a braking point the crash physics looked very impressive with only a slight delay in the reaction as I hit it travelling about 50km/h faster not braking. This would usually result in one of us being sent flying in a fit of visual lag on every other game just about so well done on the netcoding/servers Kunos.

Now the AI, thats a whole different ballgame, they stole the solid marble upgrade from carma haha.

Seria17hri11er and Horus like this.
  5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

the game has different physics for low speed (below 10kph or something) as the complex formula that control the main physics would have to handle loads of divide by zero scenarios when stationary, so instead there is just a simple model which is not indented to be fully realistic.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Low speed physics is below 3kph actually.
    OP 's issue should be related to network lag.
    Never seeing it though.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Interesting.

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Move to Australia haha, 200ms to Europe and NA guaranteed. All hopes resting on the fibre I get soon but like I said Asseto has the best crash physics of any game on console to date coming from someone used to lag induced crazyness when door to door with half a dozen others:confused:.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Actually every sim physics engine goes bonkers at 0 speed, because you are not allowed to divide by zero.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I also commend them for adding the Ping display for both lobbies and each player on track. This is something new to most console gamers and is slowly being introduced which I think is a good step forward in educating people about some of the basics of online gaming.

Just for reference, what is seen above other players for ping is not their ping to you, it's their ping to the server. If the number you see above their car is anywhere in or near the triple digits be aware their car may do unpredictable things associated with lag. If you want to try and get the best online experience try to join the lobby with the lowest 'ping' shown. But sometimes with friends there is no option other than to be aware and keep a little extra distance when getting in close proximity situations.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im on PC but it should be the same on both platforms. Netcode itself have been really good the last year or so (cant remember how long tbh). I have been able to feel kinda safe when driving close to cars that have 200-300 ping. I think the issue comes when users have a lot of packet loss because thats when the server cant calculate correctly, and that can be a driver that have everything between 40 ping to 300.

12. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

The AI have inherited M Rossis tactics from Forza Motorsport...

13. Not really.

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No?
    Example pls.

15. Radfahrer and liakjim like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien