1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics differences AC/ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by chargingcar, Feb 21, 2018.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I don't undesrtsant... who the hell is pretending that AC is dead, it will most likely outlive ACC... Another one.

And those are the weird ones, I was more about rollovers when cars goes on two wheels at first, but that doesn't really happen with GT3 cars, they are wide, low, plenty of downforce, unless they would hit insane kerb, IDK...

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

GT3 flips only really happen from contact. Ac is a bit less likely to roll then reality but I cant say Ive really seen a gt3 rollover even from a grtavel trap dig in, only car to car or barrier contacts. Its not a massive deal but if improved closer to reality it wouldn't be a terrible thing but a bit down on the main feature priorities I think.

Here is the biggest GT3 tumble but its off a wall, I struggled to find any real gt3 rollovers on yt other then some porsche cup gravel rolls which aren't even gt3 cars.

3. Remember the GT3 that got airborne at the Nord/Flugplatz a few years ago. If ACC cars' Areo would be able to simulate that lift in addition to the air getting below the cars IT WOULD BE GREAT.

sent from my mobile, cheers!

4. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It is not possible to dump the car in AC, it was perfectly possible in nkpro, but for some reason the AC tires do not have enough grip to put the car on two wheels. You will always get slippage of your tires. Hopefully we get an advance on the ACC tire that solves this, hopefully real flatspot are created on the tire making it difficult to drive as rF2 does.

5. rycil

rycil Simracer

Can we hope to have this great improvement implemented in AC? To even better support big mod tracks, such as Targa Florio.

Thanks.

6. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Oh stop with your reasonableness and your open mind. You must choose one side or the other and defend it with your life! There is no room for such rationality in this debate!! :):p

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It already happened with TMv10, you should try again...

8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

No, I heard that bit. I was referring more to the sim racer. Of course the drivers would understand such a thing, but it's an often-overlooked aspect among sim racers because sim racing doesn't necessarily require physical fitness.

9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Hmm...I would like to know more about this Joe :D:rolleyes:

Most sim racers do not drive 3 hours. Work does not permit. Certainly my work doesn't. Even those who can afford to spend that much time driving in a game aren't necessarily physically fit the way race drivers are. General physical fitness isn't racer physical fitness, n'est-ce pas?

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Sim racing takes about a millionth of the fitness of a real race driver. Do you understand just how fit these guys are?

Check this out: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia's_Greatest_Athlete_(season_1)

Its an "Australia's Greatest Athlete" TV show in which various athletes compete across a number of events. In a field comprised of football and rugby players, Olympic athletes and ironmen, the race driver finished 2nd.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think sim racing probably requires more mental fitness then physical, being able to concentrate for long stints without making a mistake can really take it out on you, especially if you are being chased by someone who is putting pressure on you. As far as physical fitness goes it extends about as far as how strong you have set your wheel really.

12. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  13. AC has falling grip at extreme camber while nkp didn't.
    Mystery solved.

pr0racer, Johnnypenso, Dookie and 3 others like this.
  14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

What this has in common with the point that @TheBoss made ? It is landing after jump, on snow, in straight line, and it is WRC.

But there must be something else in effect, as there are quite a lot of examples of cars staying on two wheels for longer time, or even flipping over after hitting steep kerbs. I think it has more to do with the forces acting on whole car than the tire grip only. I assume that in certain situations (maybe certain roll angle or something like that) when cars are rolling over in the curves lateral force on them could become reduced, and whole car might roll over instead of slide out. Centrifugal forces, and rotational moments appeared because of reaction force from hitting the kerb should cancel some of the sliding out force I think. I'll try to draw something.

Of course I might be completely wrong, just brainstorming. Though I have studied structural engineering and we had a strong focus on mechanics. Though not so much in kinematics, mostly statics. Also no suspension geometries and springs and dampers and tires and aerodynamics... ohhh man haha :/

P.S. GT3 cars wouldn't roll over, because they are wide, low and with downforce

Anyway. Thats how I see lateral force on tire being reduced, when car rolls over. This is just my personal contemplation.

[​IMG]

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Pre TM v10, camber would lose grip entirely (as in, 0% lateral grip) well before 90 degrees. Which is definitely enough to explain cars being unable to roll over on relatively flat ground. With v10 it doesn't, so it's possible to roll. but it still decreases the grip so it's not as likely as in a game where camber doesn't affect grip at all.

Showing a video that's not v10 is kinda pointless (you can tell cause it was published before v10 came out on any cars)

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Stereo Well maybe I don't understand something... but I though that maybe if in netKar car rolled over (which I think is natural and believable for such car as in video), but reason was not right (wrong grip relation with camber), then maybe there is something else which makes cars roll, for example maybe some force is missing.. thats all what I was guessing.

17. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for answering Stefano. Is there a reason why it was done like this in AC? possibly it is not realistic nkpro since it allows to dump any car easily (possibly this is why he chose this method), sure you can find a solution to this for ACC, it would be very nice to add flatspot to the tire in order to create the simulator more Realistic market

Today AC has been the simulator to which more time I have dedicated, I hope that ACC is an evolution of this.

You could do a test, if you want to talk about the subject you should be informed, just download Newbury and run with abarth. Stefano has already said what is the reason why he will not overturn a car in AC.

18. Colin's Crest ain't straight and rally cars do flip quite quite easily probably because of the reasonably high CoG.

The reason I posted is that it was recent moment, it looked kind of miracle the car didn't roll and the same rotational forces should apply. But sometimes real-life physics are broken. :p

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Nahkamarakatti Oh now I see that it is slightly curved. He cut the "apex" as much as it was possible, pretty much flew over the snow banking. Perhaps he was just few degrees off from flipping over there, that was indeed a close call.

It is very interesting, because it looks like at the landing he steered to the left, which seems like wrong choice when you almost rolling over to the right.

Perhaps it was also quite "icy" at that spot, so it also should have helped to lip out I guess. Quite confusing.

By the way, even though I wouldn't believe that it is curvy there after seeing this, maybe hitting the snow bank resulted in a roll

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018