1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please consider allowing people to join servers that run DLCs they dont own

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mtz.enjoi, Jun 4, 2017.

1. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

Hi Kunos,

ive been thinking this for a long time, but when i searched for a server i could race on with a friend became a pain in the a** i noticed how badly we need this feature.
    Finding servers in AC that run combinations you are interested in is already very tough, but if you dont own all the DLCs like my friend does currently, it becomes an almost impossible task, as you dont get access to sooo many servers.

There should be some sort of generic car replacing the models that one player does not own, allowing him to race against the content he doesnt own, but cannot drive it obviously.

With the numerous DLCs that are available right now, i think you will have more and more players that do not own every single one of them, especially if they are completely new to the game, since it is quite a hand full to purchase the base game and then all the DLCs on top (not that they are not worth it, but well)

I dont know what technical issues there are to face, are there any that held you up to implement this already or is it rather your DLC policy?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Please consider turning chromatic aberration off in the default filters Aug 10, 2016
    Suggestions App: Please consider Mar 29, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues [CONTROLS:] Please Consider the Following Nov 17, 2013
    ACC Physics Please help me figuring out "windDirection" from the telemetry Sunday at 10:38 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game crashing please help Jul 6, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues an error occurred - please buy another game Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Physics PLEASE Help the 992 Porsche GT3R Jun 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions help please for newbie, no throttle May 26, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This discussion have been up multiple times and it doesnt look like anything will change. Maybe in their next game.

4. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

i searched for some fitting threads before posting this but didnt find any unfortunately.

its a shame that this game limits players like this.. i mean its not like ACs matchmaking is great and public lobbies are highly populated and you can jump on whatever server to enjoy yourself. If we had the chance of entering servers with DLCs that you dont own yet, servers might be more populated... probably Kunos wants to force people into buying the DLCs that way. IDK

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure about the technical side but as far as I have understood it, it has something to do with AC has modding support and that make it more difficult to implement because the game need to see if its an official car with an actual payed copy of the DLC.. or something like that.

6. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Yes most likely it is because of anti piracy but it is a great handicap as OP said.
    If Kunos could go around that issue, i bet it would boost the DLC sales big time.
    When i race against the car that i never tried, makes me wanna buy it even more. At least that's how iracing got me to buy all their cars.
    Another possible semi-solution to this would be to offer individual cars as DLC.

fr13del, paul_wev and miika2 like this.