1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please use this graphic engine for ac2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cuthere, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

Look into youtube. Drive club have the best graphic engine I ever seen.
    You can imagine AC with this stunning looking!!!!
    A lot of stuff on trucks and every car is about 260000 poly..

Patrik Marek likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Foun a graphic bug - please watch my video Jul 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions [GRAPHICS] CAN WE GET SKINNING ABILITIES PLEASE Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Please implement separate graphics/video settings for VR and non-VR Mar 6, 2019
    Bug reports Car Graphical Glitches - Please read Oct 31, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Graphic bug help me please Mar 7, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lost with graphics...please help May 4, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Graphic problem please help jpeg+log Jun 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Graphic card help please Oct 31, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Help, does anyone have their original graphics.ini file, please upload Oct 31, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Please Help me set my graphics Apr 7, 2014
    ACC Physics Please help me figuring out "windDirection" from the telemetry May 12, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023

3. Jekay

Jekay Simracer

No, just no. Stop, just stop!

4. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

What's the problem with you?

5. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

It's quite beautiful. But that's surely not available as it's proprietary.

6. myimac

myimac Alien

Beautiful but only 30FPS... This is a trick devs use where effects or graphical fidelity use when input and controller response is less important then looks.

If assetto corsa 2 ships with graphics that look like this or surpass it will 60fps + then we can start jumping around

@xel and Cuthere like this.
  7. Blame

Blame Alien

Hah, well we can only wish and dream about AC2, maybe in the next 15 years it'll happen, with a much more professional team.

demonized likes this.
  8. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

[​IMG]

9. Much more professional? Wow, so in your opinion they aren't? In Italian the contrary of professional is hobbyist (I guess this is the right term, sorry for my bad English in case).
    So Kunos team is a bunch of hobbyists, or, in other words, modders more or less.

Ok

So you are expecting AC2 from a different team, from professional people that take the rights to use a registered brand from Kunos and make a totally different sim. Unless you are expecting that a team of pro can make a sim out of a predecessor made by a bunch of modders.

But, at this point, why asking for AC2 when you can simply wish for a totally different sim from a real professional team?

So why here?

Am I wrong?

Alessandro Andreis

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

If they can guarantee minimum 60fps with those graphics, then why not? But of course this can't happen with this current AC title, there are pc requirements to keep for people who already bought the game and could complain their pc can't run AC as they used to. But if the change of a graphics engine wouldn't compromise the performance benchmarks, then of course. But how could they have such graphics engine? I think only with partnership, or depending on the price, they could get a license.

Just imagine how beautiful a Spa or Nordschleife would look on a cloudy rainy day/night with windy 3d trees. It would look gorgeous. But we are doing just day dreaming here, and that's fine. Imagination doesn't cost anything :)
    Maybe the moment isn't right now, they have a busy schedule at least until mid of 2016. And after that is up to them, and to the technologies available, and to the money available of course.

But such a different graphics engine, this justifies a new Game. Reworking all the cars and tracks, it takes a lot of resources and can't be done between game updates.

eXo and Cuthere like this.
  11. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

That really isn't a lot these days. i would expect these modern game engines to be able to handle at least double that. Heck most standard forza 4 cars are around 190,000 - 230,000 (not including wheels and tires) the Autovista models were closer to 750,000 polygons and that's an old game now..
    So yeah i would certainly hope the next gen games should have at least double what you think is a good polygon count.

12. It took a few days but you finally said something even stupider than your usual worthless drivel; this place will be so much better off once you finally get perma-banned.

Protip: IF there even does end up being a sequel to AC, the graphics engine will likely be scratch built just like the one for AC was.

13. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

Kinda of rude to come into Kunos Forums requesting something like this, anyway graphics in AC are good enough thank you. :D

14. Blame

Blame Alien

The new Need for Speed is delayed on PC, as they want to get the graphics as good as they can and remove the 60fps cap so it can have endless fps and it already looks darn good.

15. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

The business model of Kunos should be to make money with the DLC's and keep improving AC until it has all the features, cars and laser scanned tracks. An AC 2 version means discontinuity of the evolution of AC, and the current cars, and always a limited number of tracks.
    Why not keep improving the core, even with a new graphics engine, the same way they improve it with a new tyre model, or with a 64 bit engine. It would not be the first time AC would benefit from an updated graphics engine.
    Fragmentation is not a good thing, neither for developers neither for the costumers.
    And that is the big concept of IRacing, even though it is a different business model, (expensive), it just keeps accumulating features cars and laser scanned tracks.

People expect Kunos to first finish the game first, but they should understand that DLC's are used to finance the development of the game.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Pendragon likes this.
  16. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

And everyone will have to own a 980 in order to get the graphics out of it ;)

I think the thing to remember is WHY driveclub has the graphics you say it does (they don't particularly dazzle me, to each his own): they are not about the driving experience, but about flash. Boom Boom! Beautiful graphics! And then you drive the game. AC I guess graphically disappoints you...but the reason you are suggesting these graphical changes for AC2 (PUHLEASE I DON'T WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT!) is because AC is the most superior racing game in the last 10 years at least ;). It would be nice to see great graphics from the game...but then what exactly would the game be about? I say put that energy into a game that physically performs 4 times as good as it does now in the driving experience. I would personally like to see AC become the greatest fan-affordable simulation of the century rather than a graphical wonder...must I point you to a certain pC...that was rumored to be a graphical titan 4 years ago, and in many ways is, but fails to retain the interest of fans in the actual driving.

Horus likes this.
  17. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

There are a couple problems with continuing to just improve the current release of AC. The obvious one is that they wouldn't get the additional income that comes with a new release, which might be necessary to recoup the costs of a new engine. Another is that whatever they do can't increase the system requirements of the game. Sure it might be possible to make which graphics engine is used optional, but that is a huge headache from a development standpoint. They would have to test everything on both engines, and provide support for both as well. The graphics guys would also have to design everything so that it looks good on both engines, and the rest of the games code would have to cooperate with two different engines as well. They would have all the same problems with supporting two games at the same time, with the addition that fixing something in one might break something in the other. It would be even more trouble than releasing a new game. If they released a new game they wouldn't need to focus on making new content anymore for the current AC, as long as they leave it in a working state and it isn't in a condition where a significant portion of users feel like they just abandoned it to pursue a new project they would be fine. It is better than rushing out a new game every year and forgetting the old one even exists, and that strategy still manages to work for some franchises.

TL;DR If they are making something that is pretty much a new game anyway, it is better to release it as a new game.

VĂ­tor Sousa likes this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

Good to see so many developers with so much experience helping Kunos, well done guys.

19. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

For once Michael, I actually agree with you! @AC Support don't ban Michael, he's defending you :D

20. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@Blame:
    Youre surprising me again, never thought you are still able to beat yourself. lol

Nice GrafX, but if I would like to drive good GrafX I take my key and do some ride. Not saying that AC would not be better with awesome GFX (optional), but ... well we can't have everything and lot of ppl. don't care about it anyway and just enjoy the feel when driving in AC.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Dookie, Zaknix and F430_458_F12 like this.
  21. No use responding to Blame anymore, he can't hear you....LOL

mms likes this.