1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possible Licences for online Racing?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by martcerv, Feb 2, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im just wondering if it may be a good way of cleaning up online racing to have something like the achievements but something actually of some use. How about some driving license tests where you would need to pass these at some level in order to be able to race on some servers.

A fairly simple way could be just a basic time trial run a set number of laps on a track in a car without going off track under a set time. Have a basic license up to say a higher level where the speed needed would be much higher. I dont think this should be done over just a single laps but maybe 5-10 laps, this way anyone passing these tests would at least show they are competent enough to drive at a certain level.

I think the test should be just a single car on track would be enough and if people can run 5 or 10 laps at a good pace without issues they generally wont be a huge issue online. You could still have full open public servers but if the license system worked well then people could choose what min level someone would need to be at to race on their server.

There could be separate licenses for full sim or guys that have full blown AIDS ;) this way it would be easier to find servers that will have people at your skill level and overall better driving standards online.

Luigi Gianni Vollaro and Lazybug like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Is Cheating in ACC still possible -Seriously- Dec 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC-Server incident logging possible? Nov 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    General modding discussion Is it possible to animate (tank) tracks? Nov 21, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Impossible to play online in ps5 Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Is it possible to make AI performance more similar to each other? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to use the ACC Dedicated Server app for the PS5/PS4? Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Possible cause of dashboarding on 1.8.7.1 Dec 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No Multiplayer possible. Opponents staying in Pitlane Nov 25, 2022

3. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

A good idea, and probably much easier to implement than any other iRacing-safety-rating-type system. There are only 2 things that concerns me though:

1. If the license information was stored on the computer it could be hacked (tests etc. would probably have to be performed on a Kunos server to make sure it's all done legitimately)

2. Anyone can theoretically pass those sorts of tests with practice, so troll drivers can still get on-to "A-class" servers. Still, better something than nothing.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think this sort of thing is needed to stop trolls and such but as its quite common for people to hack and cheat whatever they can be doing such a thing on a Kunos server and storing License data info somehow online along with your user info would be a good thing. I guess doing something like that could also be an anti piracy thing to prevent people racing online without a license so maybe a very basic simple test to get the lowest level online license for access to any servers then more difficult tests to get up to the highest possible license. You should only need to complete the test at the highest level which will then allow you to race anything below that. No need for people to go through all the basic simpler tests just a basic driving level assesment more then anything.

2. I guess thats kind of the point if the tests are set in a way that shows someone is competent enough after practicing over 5 or so laps to drive clean, stay on track at a reasonable pace. Relative to license then it will at least show the drivers are at a level similar to others and so they can be confident all other drivers on that server will be at least at a certain skill level. Its not there to alienate people and make an elitest club anyone that can practice enough and pass the test can race servers at that level. Sure some will try and cheat or troll on servers but the admin can easily boot someone that clearly is there to simply spoil everyone elses day.

I think the main reason for something like this is to give people a fair grading so they can see where they are at and choose servers that match their abilities. Generally guys with top level passes wouldn't be racing a min level all aids server and so beginners that do tend to get intimidated racing with the faster guys could do so.

An alternative method could be servers to have a private qualifying session for users if they want to join, the admin could set conditions for a pass and then anyone that passes this test could be given access to the server. You could select track, car, aids, weather, duration, pass level damage and corner violations etc. This would be another way around it but I still think a general license setup may be easier where you only need to do it once to gain access to all server up to your license level.

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Burrrr i cant imagine these days to just join any server where i dont know who they are lol. Back in the days there were never these kinds of problems. I will stick to inviting myself or joining peeps on this forum that i know are cool guys. :) And of course if there ever will be serious cups etc.

But pub servers with raging kids? Uh uh no sir! :D

6. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Something like RSR timings rank would be great. Letting in only those under 17 minutes would already be a huge improvement. Once inside, you can get into even competition, based on the time.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The main reason I was thinking of something along these lines is to make public open server racing more useable. There will always be private servers where you can invite friends or other people via a forum but if racing online could be as accessible as loading up and starting an AI race this would be a great thing I think.

I really work odd hours and am away quite a bit so my free time is not on any regular schedule, this rules out league racing pretty much completely. I may be home during the day a couple times of the week and other times I may be wanting some late nite racing so even just racing local friends will be very hit and miss.

I would prefer any such system to not be based on a single hotlap time as this really doesn't indicate a competent racer. Most of the real quick guys obviously could string very quick laps together as you need to be very consistant to put together a very quick lap. But having some ranking over 5 laps or say 10-15 minutes track time however many laps that is on any given track would be a better indicator of a more solid driver. The times themselves would be bracketed into 3 categories or so and the basic level wouldn't be too hard for most ok drivers to achieve.

The top license level should be a bit more of a challenge so longer duration and tighter timing limits as its pointless if its too easy, this way if you just wanted a pickup race then you can join a license enforced server and know the basic driving standard of all those on there. It still doesn't say much about their actual racing skills or behavior but at least if you can string a slightly longer session at ok pace you must have the basic driver skills needed to keep the racing at a better standard then just any random person who may have their first ever drive in the game online in that server.

Sure have public fully open servers too so those guys can join but then everyone would know that that is going to have all the unlicensed guys in there too.