1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"pro" assists

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by A.r.e.s., Sep 3, 2014.

1. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

So I've been driving around in AC for a while now, and sometimes I see things like "the 458 has traction control built in" or something to that effect.

When I set pro difficulty, on any car, none of these "built in" assists become activiated.

Not that I mind, I'm just curious.

Whats more if I turn TCS off, and it "should" be on(according to the above), am I driving at a disadvantage?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Start problem May 3, 2024
    Bug reports Nordschleife turist delta problem Apr 17, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos GoPro POV videos Apr 12, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Pro D Pad Feb 9, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No Steering Detected Logitech G Pro DD Feb 8, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Axis Problem G923 Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    Bug reports Problemi volante raplay Jan 17, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track Attack Plug-in Problem Dec 29, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GAME SAVING PROGRESS - CHAMPIONSHIP Dec 16, 2023

3. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

Assetto Corsa has two types of assists, 'in game' and 'in car.' In game means you set them in the menu before you started the race, and in car means you set them once you're already on track in a car.

If the real life car has TC and/or ABS they are activated by default in game, even when you have in game assists turned off. The game-set assists are there to allow you to have ABS/TC on cars that don't have it irl, or to replace the built in ones in cars that do. If you turn them off in the pre-race settings you'll only be left with whatever assists the car has irl, which you can then turn off manually once you're on track with ctrl+t for tcs and ctrl+a for abs. Keep in mind some cars have different levels of assists so you might have to scroll though a few options to find the setting you want. So no, by default you're not at a disadvantage, unless you count some of the cars' tcs systems being too intrusive by default like I do. That's nothing wrong with AC, just some cars irl think they know better than you do a little too often imo.

4. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Excellent Thank YOU!

Nyowa225 likes this.
  5. mkleist

mkleist Gamer

Also, remember that the lower the number, the higher the assist has. For example; a TCS setting of 1 will allow very little wheel sleep, but a setting of 12 will still allow you to play with the rear end.

6. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Don't know about you guys, but if I press break pedal one forth in and I lockup, I use ABS on that car. :D

I don't think I have seen any car with TCS as far as I have noticed...

7. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

Good to know, I've never really tested that out since I apparently like pain and failure and accordingly turn off all assists both in-game and in-car.

Pretty much all the street cars have tcs I think. The Basics app and the Electronics app will have icons light up when either tcs or abs kick in, so you can tell when the car is taking over.

And if you don't want to use either of those, just slam the brakes at 100+mph and keep your foot down until you stop, it should be pretty easy to tell if abs is on or not then.

8. mkleist

mkleist Gamer

Almost all of the street cars have TCS. About half of the race cars do. I usually don't like traction control on the street cars myself as I like steering with the throttle. On race cars I use the minimum.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via tapatalk

9. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

LOL now it sounds like I may be at a disadvantage. I guess I should tweak it for each car and find what comfortably suits me and my driving style. I had just taken the 458 out on pro settings. Didn't feel like TCS or ABS....I definitely locked those brakes up regularly. Once I'm home and on my desktop, I'll let you guys know what I find. Thanks for the helpful info!!

10. mkleist

mkleist Gamer

It really does depend on the car and your driving style. Could I be faster with TCS? Probably. I just prefer to drive without it. I do use the lowest abs I can on race cars. I've found that with high ABS the car can take longer to come to a stop then with less aggressive ABS (read: I prefer a higher number.)

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But I think you're wrong here, the wheel lockup will happen differently depending on the speed you're carrying. At over 100km/h you can maybe apply braking until a 75%, or 85% on the pedal before you exceed the grip and it starts locking (tyre sliding on the road). At lower speed you can notice in an open wheeler like the formula abarth that the you need to apply less threshold braking before it locks.

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Threshold_braking

12. mkleist

mkleist Gamer

That's the trick. Learning how much you can break and when. Go play with the T125 s1 and you can really see this in action. In fourth gear and up you can use all the breaks, but in lower gears you really have to be careful.

13. If you have enabled 'Pro' mode the only assist that will automatically be on is ABS in cars that have it. TCS is still defaulted to off.

ears1991 and Horus like this.
  14. Horus

Horus Alien

I'm with smiler there, ABS on(adjusted per car before leaving pits), TCS off (again depending on the car. I think I used a little in an open wheeler but cannot remember which). It's good to use a good blast of throttle to get the backend to step out around hairpins or because of misjudged braking and the other benefit is it give you better acceleration out of corners and through chicanes.

P.S. I'll check that TCS is off, as grinning boy has said, but I am sure I have had to turn it off in certain cars and I have never used anything but full pro settings. Will report back later.

15. Thanks for the clarification, Michael. I was getting worried there!

16. Horus

Horus Alien

Micheal, is correct the TCS is turned off but ABS is on. I'm sure it was not like that a while ago, but hey I ain't going to moan as I would have press two keys every time I jumped in a car otherwise. Nice find MH. :)

A.r.e.s. likes this.