1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pro mode limitations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mitja Bonca, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Robilon

Robilon Racer

To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm in favor of keeping other views, because I don't use other views than cockpit view. You can just ignore my posts.

I have fov set to 35, it's not correct, but is close. Also the steering wheel size matches the one in game, but I'd still like an option for it to be removed. And totally agree about cockpit, cannot stand play from a desk, so if I can't use cockpit for some reason, I simply don't play. Trucker position is that awful. Maybe games like euro truck simulator don't need cockpit but racing simulators definitely do ;)

2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Thats exactly why I have stated in the title of this tread; For Pro mode only!
    So if you are not a pro (expert) you can use any view you like.
    If you are a Pro, act like one.

3. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

So top simracers (pro/expert) should be limited to cockpit view.
    But dont most top guys have their own dashboards? With custom revmeter, revlights, button boxes, shifters, handbrake and what not?
    So unless there is also an option to hide all of the above, you are saying its more realistic to have two of those? One real and one virtual?
    But wait, there IS an option to hide them all in-game. Its called hood view! :)

Patrik Marek, Dori and Robilon like this.
  4. Iroiroiro

Iroiroiro Racer

Unless you have a projector or an insanely huge screen (+ head tracking), the view from inside the cockpit isn't realistic, and so it doesn't make sense to force views.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  5. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

I'm going to suggest a "compromise" that I don't think anyone could argue is unrealistic.

I think the best view would probably be an "on the dashboard" view, the sort of view you would get if you mounted a GoPro on the dashboard of your car, just in front of the steering wheel.

This still has the 'limitation' of being inside the cockpit of the car, but for people with a proper cockpit setup they could have this more realistic view, because the distance between your head and the "camera" in a real car would be similar to the distance between your head and the monitor.

I think in an online environment it does, because there is a clear advantage to not using the cockpit view. Of course this is an option server admins could turn on and off. iRacing forces the cockpit view and I haven't heard anyone complain about this, I think it is just accepted that it's the same for everyone.

I would suggest that if a "cockpit mode" was forced on, then you could have it so that the only view choices are a standard cockpit view and a "dashboard" camera like I said above.

Robilon and Luigi Gianni Vollaro like this.
  6. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I agree with FerrariMan. Cockpit or cockpit on dashboard view. This would be in 'pro' mode only and not forced on anyone unless you really want to rub in pro mode. This is because driving some tin-tops can get annoying on a single screen in anything like realistic POV.
    However I would go further than this in pro mode:
    -Be able to get beached in sand
    -Flat spot tires
    -Mechanical failures especially caused by bad driving
    -Start car either on wheel or in virtual car
    -Manually control pit lane speed limiter
    -No jumping to track/pits even before races (if offline optional online)
    -Visible and physical car damage at 100% realistic
    -Refueling and tire change in pit garage only
    -Fuel modes for race cars
    -More race rules according to fuel use, ballast etc (where applicable)

7. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Guys... I don't like the tone of some posts here..

Anybody can make suggestions... it's all about tastes and everything.
    Let's discuss in a gentleman attitude.

On the subject, to me, what is important is that you can fix whatever option you want in Multiplayer mode, the rest is just not important ;)

And be aware that at the end, Kunos will do what they want ;) it's like football, at the end, the Germans always win :D

8. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Reading the comment from Mr. Sodano and you, a fizzing feeling in my crotch is telling me there will be multiplayer in the next update. :)

9. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member