1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[problem] micro-shutterring video playback

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by luchian, Dec 27, 2014.

1. luchian

luchian Simracer

Hey guys,
    I'm writing this here as I think it has the most chances of success with so many video makers around :).

The problem:
    I don't manage to get a perfectly smooth video playback of YT/Vimeo videos on my PC. I have tried all that I could find on google (uninstall/re-install browser, trying out different browsers, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration), nothing improved things.
    When I play a video (and there are so many cool ones here, I might add) on my Nexus tablet it runs so smooth that my faith in YT is restored. As soon as I am on my PC, the same video is not that smooth anymore - it has some micro-shuttering, especially for the horizontal panning/dolly shots. It just breaks the enjoyment, because once I see it, I cannot think at the video anymore..

Some examples in one of stabiz's videos (very good stuff from this dude, btw)

0:32-0:34
    0:38-0:40
    0:47-0:51
    etc

Anyone experienced the same issue and/or has a solution maybe ?
    It'd be so much appreciated :). TY.

PS: don't tell me this is only normal on PC (in which case I apologize for having ruined it for some as well) :D

2. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

For me this video looks smooth as silk on my PC with Chrome-Browser.
    The only thing I could think of: Here the video plays with HTML5. Sometimes (dunno if it still the case) YT uses Flashplayer.
    Maybe that's the reason... :confused:

3. luchian

luchian Simracer

Made a test on Firefox, asking it to use HTML5 for playback: it seems even worse, or in any case didn't improve it.
    On Chrome, is uses HTML5 by default. It plays better than FF, but still not as I would like:
    - 1/ compared to my tablet
    - 2/ compared to when downloading the video (< am I asking too much here ?) :)

4. phil

phil Alien

Adobe media encoder put all the game recorded video to 60 fps

5. luchian

luchian Simracer

@phil : what do you mean ?
    NOTE: I am not referring to the video smoothness generally (the example video is at 30fps); but the lack of smoothness in playback.

phil likes this.