1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

The wmd members who have access to the pre are not promoting it though this is a complete exaggeration by yourself, its rare you see anything from wmd members apart from the odd bit here & there with more media opinion & 99% of info is coming from the developers so far. Please show me some evidence of your somewhat paranoid conspiracy of this mass convincing by wmd members. Also i've never claimed to be an insider, i have even posted 'i'm going form my own opinion when i play it' so how on earth am i now a shill, anyone with an ounce of intelligence understands that any info coming out is just that, its info. Its pretty funny, some guy who has played the game who seems to like AC & says he likes it on here & the bizarre mentally paranoid fanboy-ism comes to the furore & gives him a hard time, its actually quite embarrassing to see.

2. konnos

konnos Simracer

If WMD was the same as in PCARS1 and they had money coming their way if the game did well, I would maybe understand your concern about WMD members hyping PCARS2. However, there is no money to be made this time, so how can you accuse people of shilling, whatever this stupid word has come to mean... Some people will like this game and so they share their opinion here, as well as they can without revealing things. Some of you need to accept the fact that not all games are for everyone. You are entitled to your disbelief of course, but bashing SMS has become every bitter man's favourite vent target. Not like we re not used to it by now, it's just a little sad to see it keep repeating itself.

Blamer and Patrik Marek like this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

first of all, i'm not convincing anyone to buy it, I only said that it should be in people collection, as pretty much every more serious sim should be
    if your mindset is that you don't trust me, then what's the point of me sharing any details? .. if those are fake and not true ? ...

many of the things that people disliked about pcars1 and being adressed in pcars2, and yes, if you and everyone else is not sure if they should buy .. well don't! :) wait for reviews from people you trust and then make decission based on that

I don't get anything from people buying it, so I don't really care how well it sells or doesn't

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

What does it sound to you? «I can't tell what these features do exactly but I can tell you they are very good. I can't speak objectively because I'm under NDA, but I can hype you up to buy it». What wmd players are doing is marketing, trying to get customers. Doesn't matter if they have a share profit in it or not, they are testing the game behind closed doors after buying in their access. Is the same story we saw with project cars 1 from people in wmd. That time they did that and received profit in return. This time are doing it for free? Remains dishonest action to bring in possible future customers for a company and game they care about. Is completely other thing to tell your opinion after the game is released, but now you're attempting to make us believe in something we can't yet play. «But make sure to buy it, gonna be great, major improvement».

So the official project cars channel pulled a video down from their own channel because it wasn't exactly the thing they wanted to show us, apparently it was underwhelming, not enough to impress us... Oops. So why it was uploaded? I think they thought it was great when they uploaded, but afterwards, possible future customers had mixed opinions. I guess what wmd insiders told us wasn't enough to convince us.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Slash782

Slash782 Gamer

Well, in the first place, GG if you can get convinced about the physics and FFB quality of a racing game from a video you saw. We don't work for SMS, as Patrik said. We get nothing from them if we tell people that the game is good. We just share our thoughts about the game. And since you clearly don't care, I really can't see any reason why you're posting on this thread.

Racert46 and Patrik Marek like this.
  6. Orne

Orne Alien

I just hope SMS doesn't start dropping shoes and quietly removing the gee whiz features in pCars2 when performance issues are discovered. Its all talk until it hits the street. Until then it's all theatre! :D

LeDude83 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It is in fact all theatre and it will remain a "tie" until the reviews are out.
    But still, if people come here hyping the successor of a game that so vastly underdelivered - quel surpris - they get some heat. Simple as that and no need to get caught up in thorough psychological analysis.

8. I was under the impression that just about every computer/video game that has ever been developed has been "hyped" along the way. Why should pCars2 be any different?

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

wmd members are on a completely different level than usual hype.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  10. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

Why the drama, guys?

There is clearly interest in this game and Patrik shared some basic impressions. Nothing detailed, but given that Patrik has done quite a bit of AC modding and therefore propably knows what he's talking about, I don't really have a reason not to trust him. I also wouldn't consider "Physics are better" as hyping, nor "kick-*** live track" or "improved graphics & more cars and tracks". If at all, the live track thing, but if that works reasonably well, the description seems quite fitting :D

I won't preorder pCars 2 though and will surely wait for more detailed impression, but if it turns out to be a good sim, I'll definitively add it to the collection.

We'll have to wait and see

Traind, mms and Dean Ogurek like this.
  11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Computer gaming is serious business.

pollinho123 and Orne like this.
  12. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

The only theatre here is the AC fanboys getting their knickers in a twist over a discussion of another upcoming simulator. The fact that you use the language 'tie' 'heat' says a lot about your mentality & the fact you are somehow trying to score points & pretty much admitting that here. Thing is if this game ever turns out to be any good, what are you hater guys actually going to do? That's going to be a difficult one for you to swallow.

RoccoTTS, bieroX and Berry like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

14. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

If there're so many AC Fans in the AC Forum perhaps you might want to take a look at other game's forums and write there instead.

3dchips, Traind, Andrew_WOT and 2 others like this.
  15. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Fans are fine Kevin, i'm one, but when members are trolling other members simply due to there loyalty to AC & dislike of other simulators it's not cool. People are entitled to have opinions but accusing others of dishonesty without any actual evidence should not be endorsed by staff here, although i can't say i'm surprised.

Patrik Marek and Michele Papis like this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I my opinion the moment you call others fanboys and haters you lost the argument. Why so hostile? The sim isn't even released to the public yet. People have more than enough reason to be sceptical and have the right express their opinion. That's not an attack on anyone being optimistic about PCARS 2. If you want to get hyped up for it by the marketing go on ahead, no one keeps you from looking forward to the game. Not sharing the same enthusiasm after the mess that was PCARS 1 for some isn't to be confused with "hating" on it. If you can't accept diverging opinions why are you participating in the discussion? If it does end up being good then great, good for everyone and the genre. Enjoy the game then instead of gloating over how you showed it those imaginary "haters"...

Andrew_WOT, LeDude83, mms and 3 others like this.
  17. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

I dont know what you expect when you namecall others fanboys when you are writing in the official forums of the game people are defending.

Anyways, this is not going to be a discussion, you already know how to use the private messages so feel free to PM if you have more doubts.

mms likes this.
  18. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

I am looking forward to PC2, lets see what they have done to make it better.
    In the first one there are some really nice features and if they can improve on the stuff that was off then it can become a really nice game.
    Some people take this my sim is better than your sim way to serious.
    :)

Dean Ogurek and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. plaid

plaid Alien

Im not looking forward to it, cause it will probably be bad. Like all current sims are more or less bad. But I like to be suprised.

Maybe.

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This!