1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

It wasn't that long ago you guy were complaining about rF2's FFB being too strong while PC2 is even stonger and more aggressive.

You must think stonger is better because you take offense to what I said but I don't think everyone wants that?

I never said AC was bad.

Edit: oh and I wasn't the only one having problems with av. Acepumpkin had linked me to a thread to someone having a simular problem with av.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Please quote me on whataver post your talking about. I dont ever remember talking about ffb strength in any forum regarding any game. Ive used rf2 for maybe 1 hour in the last 3 years so maybe dont quote the wrong person. ;)

AV can be an issue as in it can block an app from running and also if you have a potato pc having it in the background can bake the potato.

If it blocks an app from running its a fairly easy fix and has no impact once in the game if it lets it run. If it kills your performance in the background simply disable it and its a non issue just like any other background process if you found it may have a negative impact.

Why you would even need AV to run while ingame I have no idea. If your worried that AC, RF2, PC2 devs etc may infest you with a virus or trojan, best to keep your computer turned off and wrapped in foil for extra safety.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

(sorry for those not understanding German, don't know if there is an English version)

Edit: ah here:

In case you're wondering: that's what this thread reminds me of. :p

LeDude83 and Mike1304 like this.
  4. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I'm amazed that even after 1 month you can hardly find any lobby rated better than D.
    Thing is: the racing is better when the grade is better however the majority seems to be ok with 95% U-rated lobbies.
    On the other hand they complain about being crashed out lap 1/turn 1 and also complain about that they don't get out of their lower gradings.

Sim racer amaze me. :D

Haiden773 and TDS like this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

tbh, that's pretty much the same situation on AC as well.

mms likes this.
  6. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Not quite imo.
    Minorating is an addon and not many servers use it and I even think many users are not aware of it.
    The thing with PCars 2 is that it’s the first time (correct me if I’m wrong) that a developer tries to implement something similar to Iratings system within its game.
    If you asked me I would make it mandatory but you can still switch it off. Now if you have a look at the lobbies there are some unrated but a huge amount of U-rated.
    I still hope that the system works out after more month and we’ll find for example C-rated and better lobbies. I already had some decent races when the other racers had good ratings, so I’d say the rating works somehow.
    After all it’s much much better than the mayhem we had in PCars 1 on public multiplayer.

Would be good to see systems like that on every new sim in the future.

Pixelchaser and emha76 like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have pretty much given up on the game. Not because I dont like it but because i cant find a single Nordschleife trackday. It sucks. Back to AC.

Ace Pumpkin and martcerv like this.
  8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

off topic here slightly, but iam having trouble getting in el banditos and japanese pack track day servers, i always get checksum failed. do they run some kind of moded grip levels or something?

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seeing how poorly the general users in PC2 grasp the concept pretty much equally to how the average user grasp minorating here. I had big hopes with minorating as it really is a pretty good system and AB or A only servers can provide good clean casual racing. In PC2 I have never had more then 3 or 4 people in a server rated stricter then E and U or F servers are a complete waste of time just as I find PC2 mp in general due to the poor usage of the rating system.

This includes the majority running servers as well as those joining them that it pretty much means no matter how good the tools provided are, to allow you to race with better and cleaner drivers. Most have no clue how to use this to their advantage, the biggest complaints are people saying how others that cant drive crash into them and negatively effect their ratings. Even if they have lower ratings and find it fairly easy to get to these they still choose to join servers allowing those already identified as crappy people to be in a server with. So having a poorer rating would not actually impact them other then showing others in the U and F servers they are rated much better then that.

Most complain about their grades dropping but as 95% of servers in PC2 are unrated U or F just like in AC the vast majority of servers used are rated ABCN or worse it means a rating system is actually useless for the vast majority. I have pretty much given up on PC2 mp as I had hoped an official rating system would be better used then a user made one like MR in AC. But it shows as always the biggest problem with mp are the users, many have tried to help and make things better but the general user cant even help them selves so its pretty much pointless.

The things I like in PC2 AC doesn't have is the weather, lighting and official ratings system. I mostly race in MP and none of this gets much use in PC2 mp so I would much rather drive in AC where the actual driving is much better. The things we don't have barely get used in PC2 so its not like I am missing out by sticking to AC for my league racing and I guess also most of my casual pickup racing.

[​IMG]

Jaood and fbiehne like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You cant even set up a practice session on Nords only, there are no pit boxes in PC2 on that track. There is no tourist layout at all and setting up a race on Nords only cant have practice, qualy or pit stops. :oops:

You can only run the 24hr version outside of a race, this is beyond understanding but probably SMS are going to have a Nords track day DLC at some point. :confused:;)

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes, it seems like its done on the combo track in pcars2 but that doesnt bother me that much tbh. I dont get it though, they dont even compete for a huuuuge part of the AC online playerbase when they dont have the tourist version. They had a great base to build the trackday on, they have the cars, the posibility to choose all cars independent on how many that drove it already, the weather, the day and night. But they didnt use it. The2y didnt add a Nordschleife Tourist layout and they didnt let users choose specifically which cars to use but its limited to different classes. And apparently they didnt even made it possible to just set a practice session? I dont think I will be buying a "trackday dlc" at least.
    I just tried after reading your post and got in without issues on banditos with race cars.

After getting all my driving from pcars2 lately it feels pretty dull to always join servers with the same conditions in AC. :( I will probably keep doing some racing in pcars2 because when its a "gamble" with weather its alot more interesting.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  12. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

:D
    The pic desribes it perfectly.

People don’t want to invest time and effort in getting a better grade, which means driving not like a maniac but surviving the lower rated races. It’s all about surviving. In PCars 2 as in Iracing.
    But the average turn 1 hero doesn’t understand that concept or he’s not even interested in it.

13. MAIS JE NE VEUX PAS LE PORT !!!! JE VEUX LE LAISSER-PASSER A-38 !!!

Freddie Seng and Berniyh like this.
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think here you have to take into account that the userbase is relatively small in case of PC2.
    I mean, on average, the several-years-old AC has the same number of players running the game as does the brand-new PC2 right now.

The difference however is that in case of PC2, the number of players that are new to the game (meaning the just tried it out for a few hours) is very high, while in case of AC the ratio of experienced players is much much higher (since it's those that stick to it).
    It will be interesting to monitor the situation and see how things evolve. It's quite possible that you will see the value of the rating system only emerging like half year after the release because then you have some sort of community established and the userbase of experienced players has grown to a significant number.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That doesnt seem to be any difference to me tbh. Theres just as huge of a posibility to find a clean race in pcars2 as in ac, from my experience. The races ive had in pcars2 have surprised me though, t1 chaos havent been as huge as in ac.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the one thing that likely helps reducing t1 chaos is the disincentive of losing rank points for DNF. The usual T1 hero goes in and somehow thinks they will win or lose the race at t1 and if they wreck hard and take others with them they just leave and look for another server. With people more likely to want to finish they probably understand you first need to get around t1 to finish the race.

Honestly outside of proper league races what happens at t1 makes very little difference as I have never felt losing 1 or even 2 spots to t1 has any impact on my race. In a general pickup server race unless its stupidly short races just making it around clean through the first lap is all that matters. Have a 10 minute or longer race then simply avoiding getting caught in a wreck t1 your just as likely to win no matter if your leading or 10th at the time so qualy also matters very little.

A proper high quality field where being behind someone all race you may never get a chance to make a pass or negatively effect your race strategy t1 is more important but even then you still need to avoid contact to not negatively effect your race.

Its funny how more people in PC2 care about their rank score then safety rating yet the majority of servers are still rated U or F 100 so just about anyone can get in either way. I would also rather race someone thats A 1000 then U 2000 as I dont really care about field speed before race craft. If you were easily filling S or A servers in PC2 then sure look for also high points but until that point the points mean nothing to me.

17. TDS

TDS Alien

disagree saw many huge t1 chaos in pc2, very comparable to ac MP early stages.

Also got some pretty good racing on D+ servers, but i have to say the average skill of a AC player is much much higher
    than pc2, much more consistent side by side close racing and battles in AC, by far.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    After_Midnight likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

lets agree to disagree. The only servers Ive seen a t1 where it didnt end in chaos was on a A/B server. This is so much about personal experience since ive had alot of races in a row where ive been very unlucky and then races where i have come out alive.

TDS likes this.
  19. I think in AC at least it depends quite a lot what's you starting position on the grid. I haven't raised my blood pressure because of wreckers for a long time. Of course I've practised myself to "be aware" what's happening behind and around me so some situations would have been a lot more messy if not compromising my own driving to avoid a collision.

20. TDS

TDS Alien

oh yeah but i really know what im taking, im a server admin for 3 years+, 2,5 of those on aloog when there was the spa gt3 server. It was intense admin job those times, Minorating made admin job be like a bahamas vacation @Minolin ;-) since than t1 wrecks are very very rare in AC in MR AB ime, AB should be used in 99% of the servers, leaving 1% for rating recovery and etc.
    AB is the sweet spot dont join anythinhg else if you dont want to see carnage

bromstarzan and Berniyh like this.