1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I hope they haven’t released that demo in the hope of gaining sales!
    How come my car flies off track when going through a puddle but nothing happens to the ai cars going through the same puddle?
    You can drive a gt3 car on the wet with no TC whilst stomping on the throttle exiting corners with no problems..
    11 minutes in and I laughed to myself and turned it off, that was after unexplainably spinning off seemingly as soon as my front wheel touched the puddle of water that the line of AI cars had already gone through in front of me with no issues at all..
    FFB and car handling wise it seems improved over pcars1 but didn’t spend long enough playing to get a proper feel for it.

Graphically on Oculus Rift I feel AC is better looking, the sky and clouds look strange in Pcars and it looks a bit more cartoon all over.

I’ll give it another go tonite and try the other two cars in the demo, dry track might be more convincing.

I will admit I was getting tempted to buy the game just to see if online is populated more than AC at my playing times but after the demo I think I’ll pass!

LeDude83 and mms like this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol question them and they will give you a break from their forums. I wonder how many temp and permenant bans theyve already given but at least Ian Bell seems first to reply to all my posts like a stalker.

Maybe if you go all out and properly abuse/troll them like PRC did they will buy you a race car so worth a crack. :D However the race car comes with strict conditions of needing to publicly kiss their arses so Id rather just get banned for asking basic questions.

Edit also funny how you cant post a link to PRC there as its a banned URL yet they have bought the site.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Haiden773 and After_Midnight like this.
  3. For everyone (like me) how is struggling with the standart options of PC2 FFB wise I would suggest to try the settings of "unknown". Thank you for sharing your file via PM mate :)
    Like he said this will impove the feeling of the wheel massive and makes you more connected with the car and the road. Especially the center feel. It adds more details about what the car is doing.

The Formula Renault 3.5 is much more enjoyable in the Demo now for me. I was able to win the race easily with a big gap to the second after adapting the settings of "unknown". Just by adding feedback at my wheel :)
    Without any driving aids I would say its very easy to handle the car on the brakes and acceleration. Maybe to easy. I never driven a car like that IRL but I would expect it more challenging. IMHO PC2 is more user friendly in this case.

The Ferrari 488 GT3 is still a boat but this is maybe the kind of SMS simulating wet surfaces. Also the race is to short to be useful getting informations about Live Track 3.0. Its more a graphic demonstation here for me.
    With one ecxeption: the puddles. While your car react on it the puddles don't affect the AI. :confused:
    But I'll test it also on a try track.

The "on the edge" and "under braking" feel is still vague and its really hard to tell how close you're at the limit of the car. PC2 is not able to provide the same amount of useful informations in this area like AC.

But all in all a big improvement FFB wise.

Thanks again "unknown" for your help :)

Greets After_Midnight

Freddie Seng, Haiden773, mms and 2 others like this.
  4. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Oh any chance of making that public?

5. unknwn

unknwn Alien

There is nothing special in there and it's not universally good. Just a modified Jacks file or more specifically removing line responsible for compression but leaving relative adjust e.g. "(output (relative output 1.4 0.1 0.99))" - (first value can be adjusted for personal taste) from Jacks file.

The biggest issue regarding FFB I find is inconsistent track surface details across different tracks. If you setup FFB for flat non-scanned track and then switch to some newer scanned bumpy track the FFB will feel terribly "boosted" in terms of bump feel and etc. So you can never have consistent FFB unless you drive newer scanned tracks which are of similar quality.

Haiden773 and Dean Ogurek like this.
  6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I downloaded the demo yesterday and have played a little bit.
    I have the very same impression as you --> especially regarding puddles and AI. It's just a no-go that they can safely accelarate on the puddles wheras as your cars spins araound if you just take a look at one of these puddles. ;-)
    To be honest I'm a bit underwhelmed by PCars 2.
    Nevertheless, I purchased it for 24,99 EUR a couple of minutes ago. Just to test all of the content.
    IMO it was all hype again and I'm glad that I had waited for today's sale. Never would I spend more than 30 EUR for a game from SMS.
    But I appreciate that they finally delivered a demo. I'm sure, though, if it was a wise decision because the cars in the demo neither sound nor drive particulary well (IMO).
    However, it's a huge step from PCars 1.
    If SMS would just stop praising their PCars-games like the holy grail of simracing. That really annoys me. I would buy any game of them if they would be more humble like Reiza, Sector 3 or Kunos for example. (Remember: All that is my opinion. I'm fine if anybody disagrees. I don't want to hurt anybody feelings - I just want to express what I think and feel.)

The graphics are decent, though, and it's easy to get started in PCars2 --> I really like that.

Maybe I can find a bit of time at the weekend to do some testing.
    I'm looking forward to drive on the Nordschleife in autumn in the fog. *drool*

Edit for @After_Midnight : Ich weiß, worauf Du hinaus möchtest. :)
    Dieses Wochenende werde ich nicht dazu kommen - zu viel zu tun.
    Aber vielleicht schaffe ich es nächste Woche, mir Euren 2017er Ginetta anzusehen.
    Kann ihn jetzt auch mit der Version aus PCars 2 vergleichen. Aber das soll jetzt nicht heißen, dass ich ein Vergleichvideo dazu mache. Das traue ich mir (noch) nicht zu. Schönes Wochenende!

mms, Dean Ogurek and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Nope, this time you're wrong. I don't expect anything. I know how much you like this cars and it was just a reminder for you to get the updates ones. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    Have fun with PC2 and a nice weekend too mate :)

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Its pretty much durchwachsen (a mixed bag). As mentioned could be really worthwile to test some of the most common settings for your specific wheel. Also some cars are bad, some somewhat decent and some may even great. The Ginetta Junior is nice IMO.
    I have no patience to adjust the settings specificly for flat/smooth tracks, but those felt underwhelming too. While its not necessarly the scanned ones and Im not sure if its the result of bad tracksurfaces or weak FFB.

There also more problems with the AI. Being into online racing can be pretty helpful.
    But there is hope it will be more decent after some more patches, I will give it a try in that case.

While it fails regarding the execution... Well, on paper its pretty much the best. Doesn't help much, but still. :D

9. Alistair McKinley

I didn't mean to make a video - if it is what you thought I was thinking. :)
    That's why I added the smiley.
    Unfortunately, my weekend is going to be a very busy one (work at home).
    I had loved to throughly test PCars2. :-(
    And the Ginetta 2017, of course. :)
    See you!

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Downloaded the demo and spent 1/2 hour.....first i noticed the poor sound of the 488, then in wet race the brake point in t1 and t2 was the same as that in dry track in AC, very small difference with TC 100% or 0%

....uninstalled

nate, mms and Alistair McKinley like this.
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

In regard to puddles in PC2, it seems that hitting them on slicks can be game over but, on wet tires you may have some hydroplaning when hitting puddles on one side although, it shouldn't cause you to spin or send you into the wall. That's been my experience anyway. I'm not convinced the behavior is consistent though either.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  12. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Depending on your hardware and settings, you might also try re-enabling the Anti-Jolt settings in Jack's file. Just remove the "#" from the second and third line, like below.

# Anti Jolt ------------------------------------------
    (left_scale (* left_scale (antijolt FL_load 0.09 0.22 0.1)))
    (right_scale (* right_scale (antijolt FR_load 0.09 0.22 0.1)))

13. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't agree more. They simply over promise and hype with grandiose claims and promises they then fail to deliver on, and then they get mad at people and cop an attitude on the forums when people criticize them for missing the bar they themselves set. It's like a team or driver coming in 4th for the season. Sure, it's a respectable position. But if you spent the entire pre-season, talking trash and telling everyone how you were going to smash the competition with your highly superior engine and chassis, and that you were going to redefine racing and set a new standard, well then your 4th place is understandably going to garner more than a few chuckles and snorts, and probably a lot of derision...LOL

Except online is a ghost town when it comes to quality sessions. For the past few weeks, there's been nothing but low-rated crappy servers running. The AI in PCars2 is better now than it was at release, but it still sucks, compared to other sims. So, with no good SP experience and sad MP options, it's just become a boring experience for me, which is why I've gone back to AC and rF2.

14. Thank you :)
    The ffb_custom_settings.txt provided by "unknown" via PM have already these settings.

None of these things will run away :D Take your time mate. There are alot of things much more important than PC gaming behind your "Spielzeuglenkrad". :p
    Schalömle :)

Greets After_Midnight

Haiden773 and Alistair McKinley like this.
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

There will be a lot of typos in here, so reader discretion is advised :)

So I tried the Demo for about an hour just now, and generally it feels better than what I remember the v2.0 full version of the game to be. I guess they carefully chose the track and car combos to be as good as the game can be. The FFB felt good on RAW with 100/30/50/50 to me, and a bit more fine tuning would make it better still I'm sure, but it also felt good on v1.0 on the laser scanned tracks, so I'm not sure what has improved if anything. The FFB still doesn't communicate the rear of the car very well, nor braking.

Generally the AI was set way to slow, so it was more hotlapping than racing, but maybe I could have raised the AI difficulty. They did not crash in the first corner, however they almost came to a standstill several times. What I also noticed was that the game chamged the assists settings at the start of every race, what made the Formula Renault behave very weird on the first run as Stability Control was turned on. On the one cooldown lap out of six races where I had cars in front of me (GT3 in the rain) they almost stopped in the corners and floored it on the straights, that seemed weird.

The crew chief always told me to push somewhere halfway through the last lap, even when I was already several seconds ahead of 2nd, which also didn't really work out in my head. Shouldn't he have told me to slow down and take it easy?

What I do like immensly is all the detail nd procedure the game offers, from starting my own engine, to manual pitstops, to the cooldown lap, standing vs. rolling starts etc. Those are the little details that I sorely miss in AC, but luckily AMS and rF2 offer those things as well.

For the races in detail:

Lamborghini on RBR National:
    Boring car, ****ty dial textures. Very light steering compared to the other two cars, but that might just be power steering. Wobbly under braking. Very subtle progression from evening (or moring) sun to full on foggy weather, which I liked. I was in first place after the 3rd corner. Nothing spectacular.

Formula Renault on RBR GP:
    The car looks good, and I liked the sound. What I don't like is that the virtual steering wheel was fixed instead of turned off. I know that's also how pC1 handled things, but I'd like to make my own decisions please. The first race was with the assist settings the game chose, whioch made the Renault handle very weird and simple. After resetting and changing the assists to "Authentic" it handled more believably but still felt like it had more grip overall than the mod in AC or the version in rF2. I don't know which is more realistic tho. It kind of felt like racing in R3E, but with less communication through the steering wheel.

I managed to spin into Schlossgold bend when I was to harsh on the gas and clonked the wall. I didn't loose any parts, but the game told me I had severely damaged my suspension, and my crew chief wanted me in the pits urgently for repairs, but the car handled just the same, I just lost ~10kph of top speed uphill towards Remus bend. In the last lap my crew chief told me to push again when my car still had damage and I was ~3 seconds ahead.

Ferrari 488 GT3 on rainy RBR:
    Here is where the illusion started to break down hard. It started in heavy rain, progressed through a dry phase where parts of the track dried up and endid in full on rain again. I felt not a lot of difference between the wet and dry parts of the track. My braking point and my driving in general where not different from how I usually drive the car in AC, I could just push as hard out of corners and even clocked similar lap times to AC. The only difference was dodging puddles which make your wheel go in all sorts of funny directions while the AI just glide through them. The only thing that kept me was the AI, which can hold its pace on straights but is still very slow thorugh corners on the wet, even in the cooldown lap. I went through the first corner at around 30 kph twice. I managed to win once with ~4 seconds gap and came 4th the secons time as I overcooked it into Würth and slid through the sand trap.

The rain effects look alright, although not as good as in Forza 7. The drops on the windshield should be a lot more dynamic and in heavy rain ion the spray of the car in front of me I should not be able to see very much without wipers, although I can in the game.

I will still hold off on buying the game even on sale and will wait for another patch or two, because I want to see if SMS can manage (or are willing) to fix the inconsistencies in their content quality. If everything felt like the Red Bull Ring does, and all the cars handled and communicated like the Formula Renault than I'd consider it. The demo is not the full patch v3.0, but it already feel s like a tiny step up, and the full patch might be a bigger step. Still not high enough for me, but I'll be keeping my eye on it.

16. r@m

r@m Racer

SMS AI research study session.

[​IMG]

17. Nice review mate but the quoted part have made my day :D:D:D

Gevatter, Alistair McKinley and mms like this.
  18. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I wont even download the demo. Guess I'm pretty convinced already :D

Octane likes this.
  19. Alistair McKinley

I just had a few minutes time to test some cars (X-Bow GT4, Ginetta G55 GT4, Porsche Cayman GT4, AMG GT-R) on the Nordschleife:
    I'm really impressed by the looks of the Autumn Nords (as it is called in Assetto Corsa modded by JW Modding). It looks gorgeous.
    The sounds are absolutely awful/terrible/distracting. I visited a VLN race a month ago and the "sounds" of the cars mentioned above are not even close to their real counterparts (exluding the Ginetta here because I haven't heard/seen one yet).
    I remember the X-Bow GT4 when it passed by at the Nordschleife. That sound! I was really impressed by its loud, brutal and grunty sound - much deeper than I would ever have imagined.
    In PC2 the sounds don't do these cars justice. The sound of the KTM X-Bow GT4 seems distorted (IMO). I'm a bit disappointed because sounds do play a major role for me when I'm sitting in front of my screen and pretend to drive/race a car.

It's simply not as satisfying to drive these/such cars on the Nordschleife as it is in other games - despite the beautiful looking scenery.

I don't want to comment on the FFB for now because I haven't found a good setting yet.

What the cars did on track seemed legit/authentic. They "behaved" as I would have expected it - so that's a huge improvment.
    I hope I'll find some nice suprises in the next couple of days concerning sounds.

(These are just my very first impressions of PCars2.)

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

A DEMO ?!!!1

Demo for demonstration, or demotivation ?

Where is it, maybe I'll force myself to download it someday. Just gotta gather all that willpower. Not going to be easy.