1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Quality of sim can be measured by how ruthlessly it exposes driver's lack of talent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Feb 15, 2016.

1. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Note that this Cressida has a really hard to turn wheel and **** front suspension which Sorlie will supposedly remake. Source: a friend who's working on the ac version of the car with him.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yesterday I spun the GTR at Hatzenbach, and there was nothing I could do. It just went 360. And I'm not THAT bad of a driver.

3. dauntless

dauntless Alien

You just posted videos of fwd drift cars into a thread which discusses how easy it is to catch a slide at racing speeds in mostly rwd cars. *sigh*

4. So, am I right in thinking that some guys in this thread are saying that they never spin out when driving 95% of the cars in Assetto Corsa? o_O

5. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Define spin out

6. Lose control, and spin off.

7. Unless I hit grass, get spun or YOLO really hard then no, not really. Oh, maybe once my tyres are 250+ degrees after easily drifting the entire Nordschleife, including turns Sørlie never drifts because it's too risky.

8. I've spun so many cars in AC but I'm just a mortal. Brands Hatch has couple of nice corners where it's actually quite easy to spin when driving close to the limit. T1 is not one of those.

It's not easy to spin if there are no elevation changes or bumps but for sure you doesn't do too much stupid things to find yourself on the grass.

Mogster likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The main problem with these sorts of discussions is that it's 100% subjective. Has anyone driven the cars they're commenting on the way they're driving them in the sim? I can see how someone might enjoy a more challenging driving model but equating that with how the cars handle in rl?

I can happily push to the point where I spin the cars I drive in AC, mostly the road cars and older stuff. I've been driving the 2 eleven recently, I spin that regularly. A better driver would probably spin less, but then how does that relate to realism, surely only someone how drives a 2 eleven to the limit in rl can say?

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I'm just saying that your little loss of traction at 1:56 in the video, going at 200kmh is not enough to make you lose the car, no matter how dangerous or not you thought it was. Although it was dangerous enough for you to instinctively counter steer to keep the car in place.
    Are you going to show us more examples of easy harmless slides at 200kmh+, maybe with a different type of car than the bmw 1m?

This is a similar situation, although this car is FWD. But these cars aren't free of spinning either, just that it requires a bit different technique to rwd.

Here's an example of a BMW rwd, at the same place as your video. Link

And here's an example that resulted in a spin. Link

11. It boggles my mind that you can't see the difference in dynamics when you compare your videos and mine. Oh well.

burrito likes this.
  12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

It just shows the tyres equipped in the game bmw 1m are more stable, stickier, newer (less wear). And the car itself is stable and soft. But the 1m S3 is more dangerous, for example in the first crossed bend on Vallelunga, where you take it almost flat out, but easy to lose the car.

What's the difference between these two slides in your two videos?
    Link 1 at 1:56
    Link 2 at 9:12

In the first example the car slipped less. Another difference is that Schwedenkreuz is a much lower angle bend, no matter the speed. Plus you were slowing down from 6th to 5th, so you regained grip. The rear only slipped some because you accelerated in the middle of the bend, but were fast enough to recover the car.

The dynamics in those two videos are the same, just that you let one car slide more than the other, so more steering lock was needed from you.

13. esox71

esox71 Alien

Pretty much this, don't get me wrong AC is good but it's still just a game.
    [​IMG]

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Well i've been in a BMW for instance as driver and passenger doing the exact same drifts at 140km/h+ and even with a lot more steering angle and slip angle and the car behaved exactly the same.

15. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

A video or it didn't happen :D

Christopher Low and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. I may just try and get one at some point, Don.

donShere likes this.
  17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I sometimes spin in AC, also in DR. Not very much, but I do....Off Course I do. I'm not simracing at sightseeing speeds. Any car in AC is pretty well easily spin-able. Just like 'any real life car is'. But if you're experienced enough(lot of hours in AC or/and on track) and your feel and reflexes and mind are still good, a faster rwd car on green surface and not the best tyres can turn from 'a handful' to 'a lot of fun' (I'm talking 1M/M4/Ruf CTR/458 etc)

And what I'm doing in real life sometimes, it's more or less the same in AC:)

Bos Uit/Luyendijk @ Zandvoort in 3rd gear ...

Cheers
    Robin

Glaurung and Radiantm3 like this.
  18. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I agree 100%. Some of these kids need to start spending some time on a real road course.

Also keep in mind if you are driving with the track surface on optimal, it's probably far from real life. There are so many variables (temperature, track surface debris) that can make a car easy or harder to catch. But when your tires are warmed up and the track surface is optimal, it's so easy to catch slides in real life just as it is in AC. Between my E92 M3 (now sold) and my current s2000, I've done about 50 track days in the last few years and have never spun or lost control of my car (and I don't drive with any nannies). I've gone sideways hundreds of times unintentionally, but catch the car fine just as easy as it is to do in AC. Gotta compare sims with real life, not with other sims.

donShere, Nahkamarakatti and Robin_NL like this.
  19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This exactly.

AC is closest to real life trackracing. By far. But go for green surface (or worse)
    Dirt Rally atm is closest to gravel/loose surface racing.

Cheers
    Robin

20. D1visor

D1visor Alien

As close as it is, it still has quite a way to go, especially considering it went through 6 tyre models and people still praise it/spit on it.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.