1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Question about MR (Minorating)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Salad Fingers, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Is it possible for this stat to be reset? Is it possible to have two separate ratings somehow, one for serious racing and one for hotlapping in practice servers? Let me explain my situation:

I'm mostly a hotlapper. I had a broken wheel for a while but somehow enjoyed playing with a gamepad (*hides from tomatoes being thrown*) so I kept delaying purchasing a new set of wheel+pedals.

So, I like hotlapping, and I like the Nords. I often join online practice sessions ("track days") because it's fun to have other people driving around. Those servers most of the time have MR enabled. Here's my 2 problems:
    • While I mostly never ever crash other cars (sometimes I get so stressed about not ruining someone elses time that I move completly out of the track, to let him pass), I do make mistakes with the pad and hit the barriers sometimes. Others have crashed me several times, but I think it's me leaving the track sometimes that ruins my MR.
    • I often have friends over where we switch and all drive cars around the tracks. Some of them have no idea about the game's physics and have a fair bit of crashing on the barriers.
    So, my MR is "D". I find it annoying and misleading that I'm considered a "crasher" when I never really crash anyone and actually sometimes ruing my own lap times to avoid it. Actually, I find it annoying that almost all *practice* servers have it enabled. I want to start joining online races in the near future with my new wheel, and I just won't be able to join anything with this kind of ranking. Is there a way to reset? Or is there a way to separate it for practice vs real races? Is it tied to my steam id?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Question? Apr 26, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Apr 16, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizone Logo Use Question Oct 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 3 questions Oct 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    Sounds modding QUESTION FOR HORN ABOUT FMOD SOFTWARE Nov 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TS-XW Steer Lock question Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting two questions in one Sep 16, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No it's not possible, but if you do clean driving things will resolve automatically.
    Also you can get up to C at least with hotlapping on empty servers. Might not be as much fun but solves the problem.
    If you drive 1000km (that's about 50 laps around Nordschleife) without crashing then you will be C as old sessions will be dropped.

Separating different drivers is done by the steam UID, so the only way to have separate MR accounts would be separate steam accounts.
    Doing anything different would surely need some work to be done as you would require a way to (reliably) log users on and off.
    And tbh, I wouldn't want that, because it means that MR doesn't seemlessly work in the background and surely people would find way to exploit it (one account for wrecking and another one for racing or something like that).
    So actually it's a good thing that you can't evade it although I understand that in your case the situation does indeed suck.
    Might also be the reason why most Tourist servers seem to be MR-free (or careless admins).

Salad Fingers, rge75 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

This. My buddy runs a server on Friday nights for fun races called Friday Night Fun, but it's usually up all week and empty and has MR on it. Jump in there and do some solo hot laps and your MR will go up. Like Berniyh said, separating accounts would be difficult or impossible so just running some clean hot laps in an empty server may be your best bet.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I'm shure you could even find some guys here, doing recovery laps with you, if you ask...
    ;):)

Salad Fingers likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

As said above its not possible, if your really worried and want to run more casual in some servers and keep up your MR safer if borderline then simply avoid the more casual servers running MR. I would avoid like the plague a nords track day that allows more then ABC and also would not bother joining one that isnt running MR and open to all. Some like this for whatever reasons but then whats the point of running an MR all if you get no advantage of a better quality field and also all the others crashing into you will just negatively effect your rating which is already at D.

I would suggest picking MR servers accepting D grade with not many in them, run some clean laps to get back to C grade at least then avoid servers allowing N and D grade as not much good happens amongst these grades. Sure N grade is needed to get new people in but it only takes 40km or so to get a rating so maybe let these people get their initial rating on servers without you then meet them in an ABC server once they have at least shown a basic level of competence in traffic. Those that are reasonably clean will go straight to C grade soon enough and then they can benefit also from sticking to ABC servers to avoid the worst of the drivers in the more open servers.

The ratings have nothing to do with how fast or slow someone is its purely how often they hit other cars, its really not so hard to avoid hitting so many cars and if you want fully casual servers with no care of how clean the driving is in there. Just make sure these don't run MR at all and you wont have the same issues again.

7. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

If you want to improve your rating you need to stop sharing your account with friends on MR servers.

You can check how bad your situation is by typing:
    /mr genpublicid (in the chat of a MR server)
    Then go to:
    http://www.minorating.com/DriverInfo?mrid=[insert your generated ID here]

Example:

NameHagen Berghof
    GradeA
    Total km9,850
    Regarded km1,008
    Total CP106.1
    Regarded CP8.3

CP=contact points
    Regarded CP: amount of crashes (with other cars) you had during the regarded km (last 1000km)
    Once MR recorded more than 1000km it will start to forget old sessions.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I can understand him there. While there are a lot of Tourist servers, it's often not that easy to find one that floats your boat.
    A lot of them set some lower grip value – which sucks if you want comparable lap times. So if one has that set I usually leave immediately. Also one of the reasons why I don't drive on ALOOG6. Because 96% grip is ok for the Cup event but really really sucks otherwise.
    Some are setting dynamic grip – which is even worse. For race it's ok, but for a tourist server? why?

Then there is the thing with the cars. Whenever I want to join a Tourist server I've usually got a certain car or car class in mind. That usually narrows it down to a couple of servers.
    And if you're then selecting ABC servers only, I'm pretty sure your list would be empty, because there are 7 Tourist servers in total that have ABC or ABCN set (didn't check if they are actually using MR at that restriction, just from the names; might also be that there are some which do use MR but tell you prior to login).

I thought a couple of times about setting up a Tourist server taking the above into account (MR ABN or ABCN), but always dropped the idea, because since what I like is not necessarily what other people like and I guess it would be empty just about always.
    In principle I do love Tourist in AC, but most of the server setups aren't really my thing.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

But why not just join a tourist server that has no MR rather then one that is ABCN or worse, your getting nothing much from MR at that level if your AB or even C. The main point of the system IMHO is filtering grades, if you don't need this then you may as well go to a regular open server.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's what I usually do then. Was just explaining why your statement "and also would not bother joining one that isnt running MR" won't work that well in this case.
    However, you have to keep in mind that the open servers quite often are really wild west servers.
    Especially those Bandito servers are quite horrible. Really can't expect the people on those servers to show good behavior.

I'd certainly prefer MR AB (or ABC at least), that's a given. Hence the thoughts about providing a server, but as I said I guess it would be empty 99.99% of the time, just like most of the Tourist servers, since it seems like almost noone driving on Tourist cares about stuff like that (or clean driving).
    (There are exceptions, fortunately. ;))

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I am different to many others and If I couldn't find a server that is setup as I like I would just set my own up, it will be AB only most likely and may not get many others in but I will just hotlap and usually a few will join. All those joining being AB are not likely to be people doing donuts mid track or simply unable to complete a lap which is what I see in more open MR or fully open servers. Thats why for me only I would rather hotlap in my own server then join one of those, anyone joining will be at a good enough level that they dont need an admin to watch over them so I can keep doing laps without issues as can every other person that joins. ;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I didnt know that minorating punish you for hitting the wall, thought it was when you made a misstake and another driver got directly affected by it.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Exactly my thoughts, but it only makes sense if the server will be populated more than once. ;)
    Of course that's easier if you have already a couple of server at hands, then you can just switch the content and be done.
    For me that's not the case (yes, I do admin the SF server but it's not my server, I can't and don't want to just do what I want with it).

The second thing I don't like about most Tourist servers is that they don't run stracker or don't provide a link to it.
    I'll never understand that point tbh. Why set up a server that almost everybody will use for hot lapping, when there is no way to compare the lap times?
    To get CP you have to make contact to other cars. Hitting a wall won't give you CP.

I don't know if MR takes that into consideration in any other way, but I doubt it. You would need to ask @Minolin about that.
    If you end up being D grade, it's most likely because you hit other cars or you were hit by other cars. (A lot actually.)

14. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

I'm trying to generate my minorating id and see this )))
    [​IMG]
    Look at right side. Quali 15 min. Race ... 1800 laps ? Really ? 8820 km )))

martcerv likes this.
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

First Kunos-sponsored Endurance event. 24h of Le Mans is for children, we run the 52.5h of Imola! :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    digitizer likes this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Story twist:

I didn't know as well

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It would have one huge advantage though: you could filter out all of the NFS racers very easily. :D

18. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Alright, thanks for the answers everyone! Once I get my new wheel I'll try to recover my rating. I might ask around for a little help, hehe.

My friends better buy this game if they want to play now! Ehehehe.

PS: Maybe the wall hitting thing isn't affecting the rating. I'm pretty sure I don't crash with other cars that often though (even if it's others crashing me, it's not like it happens all the time). It might be that things accumulated with time. Also, I would definitely not like a system that can be exploited, so yeah I guess it's better that I can't really 'reset' it.

Ace Pumpkin and Minolin like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The reason that you get punished harder for contacts might be because you usually dont stay close to cars on trackday servers (as you would in a race server). You can have more contact without getting that much penalized if you also are able to stay close to cars without having alot of contacts. That is as Ive understood the system.

If you know how to race your rating will become better in no time if you are on servers that have race and not just nords practice. :)

Minolin likes this.
  20. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Hmmm, good information. True, I'm never really close to other cars in the Nords. I refuse to join races without a wheel though, don't want to ruin it for everybody else lol.

21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Would help out the tourist servers as I have seen some people joined my AB that literally cant drive, but then group c cars no tyre warmers full damage race server at Nords I have up does show those used to full aids gt3 servers and not proper race cars. The bonus of the server when its not too busy is those guys mostly hit walls and not anyone else so they aren't hurting their rating but if there was some sort of off track and collision bias in MR rating I think it would greatly help identify the better cleaner drivers if they run mostly on servers without much traffic. To get AB though you would need some clean combat km so it likely deals with this but I think it would help.

Keeping people mostly on track cant be a bad thing to encourage I think, its not really so hard to avoid running off track and hitting walls you just need to drive with some control. Everyone hits the odd one and makes the odd error but if your going off track every km I dont think you should be rated AB.

Ace Pumpkin and kofotsjanne like this.