1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Races ending before crossing the finish line

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Jan 31, 2015.

1. I really hope that Kunos change the way that races end in the next update. I have just been in a 15 lap race @ Spa, driving a Lotus Evora GTC against GT2 and GT3 cars. I started maybe 15th on the grid in a field of 20 cars, and worked my way up to P2. I spent more than half the race in this position, with one or two cars slowly closing the gap behind me. They never got close enough to challenge for the position, and I was looking forward to completing a solid drive in the Lotus. However, barely 15 seconds after the leader crossed the finishing line (and having myself just passed through Stavelot), the screen went dark.

End of race.

P2 for more than half of those 15 laps, and I didn't even get to celebrate crossing the finishing line :mad: That really needs to be sorted out.

jc1993, GIB SimRacing and Kevin Wolfe like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Offline races ending too soon? Aug 24, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes during races - Fatal error Sep 12, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Full AI support for your races Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Fatal Error Crashes in League races. Mar 29, 2023

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yep so frustrating, i think the default wait is 10 seconds which is ridiculous, the max you can set from the server launcher is 100 which would probably be ok for most 10-15 lap races.

the defaults for a lot of the parameters are a bit rubbish imo which leads to the number of servers with bad configs

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

seems more like that they set the wrong race end time here than that it was kunos's fault. Although you are right that there should be at least an option for the race being over after everyone is over the finish.

There is no max if you set it in the .ini

ears1991 likes this.
  5. OK, I didn't mean to blame Kunos if it is not their fault. I was just frustrated because I reckon I had earned my right to cross the finishing line after getting that Lotus home in P2 in a stronger field of cars. On a side note.....I wish that other servers offered the Evora GTC in GT2/GT3 races. It can be quite competitive in the right hands on public servers.

6. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

reasonable default values for the win

1karl1, Christopher Low and ears1991 like this.
  7. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

The race is finishd when every one has crossed the line, everything else is simcade.

8. kro

kro Simracer

Pretty much sums it up , we have this awesome psyx engine and superb modles , but we're lacking on a realistic race inviorment . This is my only grip with Kunos and I don't blame them I just wish they had a defrent vision of what a compleet race sim would contain . Some things I just don't understand , they go over the top with the set up validation check to insure the set ups are as realistic as they can be , but we don't have any realistic race tools or rules to work with ..

I stated in another thread that I wish the games 'session triggers' could be adjusted so that the last car on the lead lap triggers the 'session end ' rather then the leader when he crosses the line .. I know the idea is to add time with 'race over time' but a lot if admins don't bother with this. , On our servers I set it to the avrage lap time of that track that way all drivers on the lead lap should have a chance to finish , if you think about it most battles are fought mid pack on the final lap grinding for possition , in 90% of online races the leader is way out front so when he hits the line and the session ends thoes fights are lost .. I wish admins would at least add 1:30 in the race over time , using the avrage lap time of the track works best. ..

Christopher Low likes this.
  9. Stereo

Stereo Alien

yeah, would be nice if they also added checkered flag style finishes where you just end up laps down, so you don't have to keep going for so long...
    [​IMG]

Erwin, Blamer and TCLF like this.
  10. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

if that's the case it's fairly easy for Kunos to change their defaults, which would in-turn change anyone who's setting up a new server.

Kunos should also consider including the feature from Rfactor, after the race, all the ai cars go around and pit, rather than keep lapping like automatons.

11. kro

kro Simracer

This !^ Rf & rf2 IMO , does a good , no the best job ! of any sim out ther creating a simulated race inviorment .. They pretty much cover everything! Anyone who has spent any time in rf2 can see this ,they can see where AC has missed the boat as far as simulating actuall "racing" .. But it is what it is and no amount of complaneing is going to change that ! ( I know first hand lol) they have stated their focus has alwase been on the cars & psyx on this they have done an amazing job! I just wish ...., lol u know ..,.,,..

I truly love both sims ! My dream sim would be a version of the 2 merged into 1 ! Lol