1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really bored of people ruining online racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ACJJ619, Nov 3, 2014.

1. brioche

brioche Racer

I said nothing about MR in my post :p.
    I just pointed out the tools that I developed to handle such cases and why I think they will help (if I am allowed :D).

Regarding servers, AC really offers so many. I don't think lack of them is the problem.
    Building a good driving Community always requires a bit more than just a server (the human factor matters).

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I know but you mentioned your own KMR system which is nice to have another option but. Its not really the system thats the issue as there are options available already.

PC2 has shown that in built ratings there get much the same benefits to most as 3rd party in AC. The problem isnt the system but the general mentality of most users unable to make best use of what systems are there to help the issues that this thread topic describes.

How ACC will handle it will be interesting but for my own personal use what we have in AC does the actual work. The fact most users cant use what seems simple on paper to me to give them a much better end experiance, is something that really I see no solution for.

Your KMR system is just another way of trying to deal with these issues but not in a way I personally need. No disrespect to you or your work and I am glad you do it as others may find it better for them.

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We look at how servers got popular, one of the things that works is stupid characters added to the name to push them forward of the lobby list. Im sure if we could use thumbnails the basic boob preview pick would work like how you get more yt hits lol.

Other thing that works is if a server is busy, to make any server busy just have no ratings allow all in with a typical boring combo. Run laps and once busy people will be waiting to join. There are enough muppets around to keep joining even if the racing is poor and many leave. New people keep joining because its busy and this keeps it busy until numbers drop to the point where more leave then join and it dies.

No incentive for people to look for better options and by now most better drivers have given up on public pickup racing in AC for this exact reason. Most do league stuff and only the muppets are left to join pub servers like has always been the case so trying to run pickup servers for better standard driving is really wasted time and money now.

chksix likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree with @martcerv - the system isn't the issue but the people. MR is good enough and people decide to not use it because they prefer a crowded server over clean racing. It's simple.

The only thing that can help is if you're forced to join up with racers of your level. I really hope it'll be like that in ACC.

martcerv likes this.
  5. brioche

brioche Racer

Don't worry all cool :). Btw KMR is much more than a rating system. You can disable the money altogether and use all the other features (like custom track boundary definitions, intelligent cut detection, live map, replays, drive-through, formation lap, virtual safety car etc.).

Btw for 1.6b I'll add something that will not allow cars to remain parked like those in that video.
    It's true, a plugin cannot fix everything, but it can help and it indeed does.

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The point is that it doesn't matter how well the plugin (any plugin, it's not about yours specifically) will filter/prevent/kick the bad seeds. It can be the best plugin ever, but so what when servers using it are empty and those that don't use it are the ones being popular all the time. Just like with MR, your server can be set to A only, other grades can't join but it's still pointless when actual A grade drivers choose to drive with BCDNW.

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything like that. It's just that no matter how well you will develop your plugin you still have the main issue that is players choosing servers based on popularity, not on quality.

BTW didn't mean to cause another one of our usual rants on MP state. :D

I wasn't even mad when they crashed into me, as that's exactly what I would expect on that server. I was even surprised I had a few trouble free runs over past few weeks. The good thing about that crash was that probably their engines died like in my car because they teleported back to pits... And quickly went out for another run, I left the server right after that.
    It's pathetic and funny at the same time that they waste almost 10min (with their driving) to get to the end just to ruin someone's lap and they do it over and over.

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

KMR servers have been quite popular recently. The track rotation function seems to attract as many people as the money idea. As with any server, if you qualify somewhere near the top you've a reasonably good chance of a good race. After 5 or 6 restarts and 1 or 2 people being kicked for too many contacts, most people get the idea not to be nobheads into T1. Those who don't usually get kicked.
    The restarts can be frustrating, especially if you're pushed for time, but the racing can be worth it if you persevere. A little patience goes a long way

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. Track rotation? Is that a function that automatically loads a different track without having to leave the server?

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Except 5-6 restarts is mental, never seen so many on other than KMR servers. Still, MR AB is a lot cleaner, but seems that the better drivers care mostly for leagues. Only time to catch a larger group of good racers is on Fridays.

10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I joined KMR servers a few times, but I wasn't really convinced by the experience on them. From what I saw it's either you Q (at the top) or better take it from pits. Also majority of the grid was rather mediocre drivers, let's put it that way. Multiple restarts are annoying indeed.

I'm not sure, so hopefully I'll be corrected on that, but I think I read somewhere that KMR isn't blocking people from joining KMR servers like MR does. If that's true then that's the main source of the troublemakers and general low racecraft level. If not then I guess I was just unlucky.

I can't really say much about the plugin itself as I haven't read the the thread about it to be honest, but from my experience on track it's not providing what I'm looking for.

11. brioche

brioche Racer

I don't think I need to add much to the thread as anyone can download KMR and check it if he's genuinely interested.

Let me just clear the fact that KMR is not really one single thing like other plugins. It has over 130 setting that can turn it from day to night.
    Right now it's used from league servers to public racing to track day servers.
    It has driver blocking by collision rate, driving standard, money/points etc. but admins can disable it.
    Also it has a server side infraction system that is quite unique like the ability to define independent track boundaries without any requirement client side.
    By joining one server you only find out the shape that the admin decided to give it.
    If anyone is interested in KMR he can look into config.default.json to see the full extent of what is possible ;).

LeDude83 and V8_KB like this.
  12. First time for a long loong time I was racing online.

We were racing GT's at Spa and there was a guy I was about to overtake soon. He went defensive into T1 and I knew I can take a good exit and overtake at the turn exit or later at Kemmel straight. I was surprised when this guy forced me to go through pit exit line when there was another guy exiting the pitlane. And that wasn't enough but he tried to push me into the endurance pitlane. I decided not to break track limits and we touched. Note, I was still turning my wheel towards the pitwall.

A lap later at the Kemmel straight I see a familiar looking Porsche going really slow. I knew who he was and what he's intentions might be. Braked a tad early so I have a possibility to do avoiding moves. He missed. One corner later I saw him once again on my mirrors and decided to brake really early so I can see what he's up to and the jump into the throttle and do the avoiding move. Glad that worked out but geez, what are these guys thinking. :eek:

chksix likes this.
  13. When they are rubbish at racing and wrecking, you know that you have encountered one of life's greatest heroes ;)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. Vicky Dreamz

Vicky Dreamz Rookie

Few laps clean battling, then D.Davey decides to block me when I was already inside.
    He moved in and out whilst braking, then blocked me, we had contact, he spun. second to last lap, final chicane, our friend decides to do this...

chksix likes this.
  15. themogulman

themogulman Rookie

CP server today. First clip shows me on my first out lap. GT4 cars are in front as well as a GT3 that i dont want to catch to spoil my lap or there lap, so i back off and leave myself some space. Enter Crazy Russian Guy.Mr Sokolov. Wants to go past hits me then we crash. Then he melts down. No replays all different incidents. My SA went from 98-85 after the first lap of the race. Second clip is him messing my race up.

Is there no way of reporting people like this?

16. He should be banned from every server on the planet.

17. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Not saying that this is o.k. - but didn't you crash into him in the very first incident you are showing? All incidents look like they are on purpose - in another sim I run you would be both protested and very likely would get some rest days to cool down.

18. themogulman

themogulman Rookie

i crashed into him after he hit me onto the grass where i lost control. don't really think it justified what followed even if he thought i hit him. but its your opinion buddy.

19. I do agree that responding in kind is never a good solution, but the number of times that this guy seems to have subsequently gone after you is just ridiculous. Sadly, there is no simple solution unless there are eagle eyed moderators on the server.

20. Proody

Proody Racer

@Schnipp ;););)

Schnipp likes this.