1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really missing US Muscle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by OoALEJOoO, Nov 6, 2016.

1. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

I love Assetto Corsa, I love muscle cars as well.

Classic US Muscle is one of the car categories sorely missing in the game. The only current official car that barely fits this lot would be the Shelby Cobra, but its actually an odd-ball since its a tuned up version of a British car. The modern Corvette and Mustang don't count.

It would be incredible to have US cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's in the game!!

There are several mods, mostly broken now after the newer game versions. Most of them are of terrible quality. Nothing beats official content.

Boy I miss the Motor City Online days...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos A car without number plate, it is really possible? May 31, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer A Report Option would really improve the open lobby experience Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really want to use my G2 for ACC (Andrew_wot please contribute) Mar 21, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 FFB : is anyone really happy and satisfied? (Vote) Nov 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Really strange problem...Mercedes gear ratio Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions A Really Honest Talk About ACC Pricing in Brazil [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER] Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really Easy VR Guide Step By Step Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really annoying problem with view changing at start of race Jul 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it just me or are peoples eyes really hurting after even a 10m race? XBOX One X Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Audio Really loud random bang in game Mar 29, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

A Dodge Viper would be pretty awesome. But arent those cars pretty bad to drive?

edit. Maybe youre talking about old Mustangs and cars like that? Im not even sure if a viper is considered a muscle car :p

4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Not for me; I prefer cars with finesse and good handling, not barges with wheels :confused:

5. LilSki

LilSki Alien

I'm a muscle car fan but for this game the only kind of muscle cars I would care to see is 1970 SCCA Trans Am series cars.

And for the record a muscle car has to have 4 seats so the vette and viper are technically not muscle cars. They fall under the sports car banner.

6. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

As long as it's a classic car, I vote for ! I'd be pleased to see classic american stuff, but we lack so many european classic cars too, so that I don't mind the coming arrangement. ;)

vegaguy 5555 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Im not really a fan of transatlantic motors but the 60s Mustang in GTL was great fun to drive.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't know if I really miss muscle cars but I'm generally of the opinion that there are many cars that are worth implementing and worth experiencing. I haven't driven any muscle cars IRL so I couldn't tell if they're great to drive or not until I do or experience it in a sim like AC. So why not? That said... no point in posting another wishlist, Kunos can't magically make it happen either. Stuff takes time.

Muscle or not aside, I don't think that applies to all of them. The latest ACR road, and GTS-R and GT-3R race cars come to mind. Very much cars I'd like to experience in a sim.

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The ultimate Dream Pack for me.

10. SnakeBT6

SnakeBT6 Rookie

I was actually thinking id like to see some 60's Trans Am cars or even the late 50's early 60's Corvettes that did so well in the endurance races.

Would love to see something like that.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  11. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I'm not really a muscle car guy, but you had me at Motor City Online.

12. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

+1 I would love to see a pack like this in-game!!!

13. Orne

Orne Alien

Track ready muscle cars like those from the old Trans Am series would be cool. Although anything for the streets from the classic muscle car era might be annoying to drive on track. That old Douglas Adam's quite comes to mind "Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers.... like a cow" hahahah

LeDude83 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  14. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

Long time ago...I had driven my dad's 1981 Chevy Malibu station wagon to its limit on local highways back on my home country (kids don't do this at home). It had a 350 c.u. V8 engine with double barrel carburetor. It probably had around 175HP with a 2000 kg weight. It was a blast, fairly nimble all things considered, would hardly classify as annoying. Compared to your average GT3, yes perhaps quite unresponsive. And it was a Chevy Malibu station wagon. A Firebird, Camaro or Challenger should be a lot nicer. A race-ready trans-am car, even better.

My point is: it would add variety to the game. We don't have anything like it today.

Different type of cars = more complete experience.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    vegaguy 5555 and Orne like this.
  15. Not going to lie, I have asked both Aris and Stefano to make a game that is focused on the early to mid 70's trans am/camel series instead of something silly like AC2. I have also begged several top modders to fall in love with this idea, but so far no takers.
    When I dream of what AC would be if I was in charge, this is what I dream of:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The people who complain about understeer in the classic porsches would have a field day with 70s Camaros, their suspension geometry is designed to create almost no front grip in corners.

gandlers and Seria17hri11er like this.
  17. LilSki

LilSki Alien

If I knew how to build cars I would be on top of this in all honesty.

At least I have built two tracks for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Orne

Orne Alien

Did you mean oversteer ?:eek:

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, there are really people complaining about understeer... In case of the 917/30 and 935/78 that's how those cars with spool rear axles are, as Aris explained.

I definitely wouldn't mind having those cars roaring in AC. :p

20. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I'd like to work on something circa 1970 Trans Am, just waiting for proper reference material to turn up. Actually specifically I'd like to make the Gray Ghost Pontiac, just haven't got enough info yet.

21. Trans Am yes.

The road ones ? Pls no.