1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rim size/shape importance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alex S, May 27, 2017.

1. Alex S

Alex S Racer

So I have just received yet another rim, and I don't know if it's placebo or oh man do these things make a world of difference in terms of feel?

I find it now to be damn near essential to have an appropriate rim for the car that I am driving.

I have a tiny 280mm for old F1 cars and if I have my default 320mm driving them feels incredibly odd.

At the same time taking an F40 with that 280mm feels utterly strange.

Now a rim that I just got is a 310mm D shape Sparco which places your hands in a slightly unique position where your thumbs are angled towards each other a little closer, and this again made a big difference. I took the 2017 RSR for a spin and it just felt so much cooler...so this will be my GT3(LMP) rim now.

Factor in VR and its important to have a rim that's the correct size otherwise it feels off between what you see on screen and where your hands are placed.

Now I am wondering if I should look for a 350mm rim for road cars. Has anyone tried? And what do you all think?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Change rim & wheel radius Feb 24, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel rim disconnects on starting grid Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL Elite v1.0 with P1 rim downshifting issues Feb 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Leo Sousa - Hotlaps, Setups, Track Guide, Prime Skins, Coaching and Tips Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No Dash display or rev lights on Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel rim Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What are your Csl Elite F1 rim settings (PC) ? May 24, 2021
    Screens & Videos Prime delivery drifting Mar 27, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Screen mirroring consumes 10% of GPU, attempting to turn off primary display crashes the game ~5 min Mar 16, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wheel Rim Animation Bug in Replay Dec 18, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wheel Rim Animation Bug in Replay Dec 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lexus Rim Colors Dec 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing rims = hey I'm acc I will play the lottery for the ffb settings for individual rims Oct 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions One track, nine cars, nine different rims : A lap around Zandvoort Jul 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What Wheel rim you using? Jul 5, 2020

3. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I clicked on this expecting somthing entirely different.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tundra, Coanda, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  4. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I use a Fanatec Formula rim for all of my driving. Since I am in VR and see the actual wheel in the view I don't even think about the actual wheel in my hands since I can't see it anyway. All I want is for it to be total familiar to me so I know exactly where all the buttons and paddles are via feel since I can't see them.

5. Alex S

Alex S Racer

That's interesting because I find it that with VR I care a lot more about the actual rim that I have on, as before I just had the virtual wheel off and I saw what was in front of me. But now with VR if find that I need to reasonably match what I have in game as it feels off otherwise.

For example the 312T feels very odd with a 320mm rim, and drives odd for that mater. I get thrown off as my "real" hands are much farther apart than they are in the game. Now slap on my 280mm and it all feels in line.

I have never had anything bigger than a 320mm, so I ordered a 350mm to try on road cars and see how that changes thing, I'm very curious how that will turn out.

6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Phew! I'm happy to see I wasn't the only one.

paul_wev and MrBungle like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

When i close my eyes to simulate VR & think about rims all i get is this.. o_O:p

serveimage.jpg

something must be wrong..

MrBungle likes this.
  8. some1pl

some1pl Alien

I don't have a problem with that in VR either. I have two rims, 320 mm for most of the cars (street, GT, old F1) and 280mm F1 rim for those which use such small wheel. Works well for me.