1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Seperate on board settings for each vehicle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jjmaxxracing, Jul 30, 2014.

1. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

This is a request to support seperate on board settings for each vehicle. As it is currently implemented I have to change the onboard settings when I drive an open wheel vehicle then change again for GT cars. It would be good if we could have separate onboard settings for every vehicle as we do now for FF settings.

Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Seperate MIX and MAP settings? Feb 17, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Switching driver profiles with seperate Steam accounts? Jul 26, 2019
    Suggestions seperate setting for crew detail - unlinked to world detail Oct 8, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to buy dreampack 1 seperately on steam Dec 24, 2015
    Suggestions Legal tyres seperate for each car Oct 18, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Clutch never needed if you uncheck "use seperate shifter" Dec 26, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Models / skins in seperated threats Sep 23, 2014
    Suggestions VOTING_QUORUM for seperate votes May 26, 2014
    Suggestions Seperate tab for "models" in the forum pls :) Mar 6, 2014
    Suggestions A rear view camera for Seperate screens Jan 31, 2014
    ACC Tools Download here: Ford Mustang Dashboard for SimHub May 9, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Any fix for dashboard? (DX12 + VR) Jan 2, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds flashing position board on windshield Dec 10, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Porsche 992 GT3 R Horizontal LED dashboard Oct 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023

3. Hi jjmax,
    what do you mean with "onboard settings"?

Edit: ok, got it.
    The in-car position that you tune with the app Onboard Settings.
    Yes, it would be useful. I wonder if this can be already done using the set driverEyeZ via console, can't remember if that is per car or general.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  4. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

You can change the drivers position and angle view of view in car. Right now the game only supports one setting so you have to change every time for each car to get the best experience. I would like to be able to save a separate view for each car and not one view for all cars.

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Umm, i dont think thats true? FOV is 1 fits all, but position etc should save for each. Just look in the files where it has all on board setups saved.

6. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

Nope. I change FOV, pitch, distance from steering wheel and driver height for open wheelers. When I go into a GT car the view is exactly the same as I set for the open wheeler so I have to change it again to better suit the view in a closed cockpit car.

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

Hmm... I dont think its like that for me. Its always perfect. And i go to town with pitch and all. I know FOV is not saved as its "global", but the rest works for me. At least i dont have to change anything.

EDIT: Here is where its saved: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\cars

The files in there for each car you have setup contain:
    [DRIVER_EYES_POSITION]
    DRIVEREYES=0.33,1.12666,-0.145792

[CAMERA]
    ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-0.0333057

FOV not accounted for as its global. Maybe you have an issue with the docu&settings/AC folder? Sometimes renaming it and let it rebuild can help. Remember you have to go through all settings again if you do that. And also set on board settings for all cars.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  8. I have a view.ini for several cars, maybe the ones I set up.

Look here:
    C:\Users\YouruserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\cars\

I have a list of cars (folders) and in each of them there is a file called view.ini, with this content:

[DRIVER_EYES_POSITION]
    DRIVEREYES=0.35,0.985556,-0.15

[CAMERA]
    ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=0

alex72 likes this.
  9. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

Yes but there's no FOV entry in the file so have to constantly change FOV which means I also need to adjust distance from wheel and pitch.

Or maybe something's gone wrong with my install and the game isn't recording my changes properly.

10. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley Racer

You should not need to change the FOV once you have it correctly. A mathematically correct FOV, from your fixed seat position in real life, sets the virtual image so that the objects on-screen are life-size and realistic. The only thing you should change for each car is the sitting position of the virtual window (your monitor) using the on-board settings.

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

FOV is global. It will change for all cars. And you cant change it and make it stick on track with on board app my friend. You have to change it in the video options. Pitch and placement in space is saved, but never FOV as it will always be the same for all cars when setup in video options. Would i like to change FOV individually for each car? Yeah! Could be nice although i try to stay on the same FOV for accuracy reasons (changin FOV mess with speed feeling and thus can mess with brake points etc). But the seat forward/back/up/down and pitch will save for each car.

12. I would personally like a car-specific FOV to be honest....Screw the "correct" setting (which 99.9% of the time feels really really weird). When I'm driving a kart with a max speed of 100 MPH, it feels like I'm doing 20. So therefore I crank up the FOV to 103 (yes you read it right, 103. Which is far closer to what a human sees anyway, but on a monitor it gets distorted, and I can live with that). But when I get into a G car after that FOV switch, it's all trippy. So setting it back to the "correct" FOV makes it better. But my point is, the type of car can change your perception of the track ingame, and make it look weird, so it'd be good to have a per-car FOV so we can tweak it per car, but not then have to ever do it again :)

jjmaxxracing likes this.
  13. alex72

alex72 Alien

^^Indeed. I wrote that i'd like that too. Just that i dont mess with it often. :)

+1 able to change FOV independently on each car when saving in on board app, please. Thanks!

14. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

Yes you can change it in the car just look at the onboard settings app. And to be honest I really don't care whether a particular FOV is mathematically correct or not. I just need it to feel right and that changes depending on the car I'm driving. I'm just saying it would make sense to be able to set the view per vehicle as we do with everything else (tires, alignment, suspension, aero, etc...)

15. alex72

alex72 Alien

Lol... You CAN change FOV in the car yes, but not for each car. I thought that was what you talked about? And i think i responded several times that you cant save it for each car. Its GLOBAL. Do you read the comments? :D

And as i said (read more carefully please) to me its important with correct feel. To ME, and MY driving. What you do - is up to you. ;) And i also think i wrote +1 on individual FOV on cars right above your post. So im even on your side. What more do you want from me? :D

16. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

No, my point was to clarify where FOV can be set. You said it was only adjusted in the Graphics settings but that's not true. There is a separate adjustment in the Onboard Settings app. So it is adjustable in car, it just doesn't allow you to set and save separate adjustments for each car.... hence my comment. I'm not challenging your statement, just clarifying how FOV can be set.

17. alex72

alex72 Alien

I use the on board app often so i know its there... :D You asked for individual FOV and wondered why it wasnt saved. Anyone opening the on board app see the FOV button is there. You dont even need the on board app, just press NUM+ and NUM- to change FOV.

18. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

Yep, but I'm not on a full keyboard so that's not an option fir me. :(

19. alex72

alex72 Alien

I didnt think that even mattered mate? I thought you said you change diff FOV on diff cars and it doesnt stick. And it doesnt stick. 1 FOV fits all. You can change it all you like on all 3 places but it will be the same for all. So you have to change it everytime. Im on board with ya though. :D Would be nice to be able to save all settings for each car.

20. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

Yeah it doesn't, just that I have to bring out the Onboard Settings app every time I change the view as opposed to simply using the keyboard shortcut because I don't have a full keyboard (on a laptop).