1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Server features (setting)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SimonTek, Nov 19, 2014.

1. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

Hi there,
    here follows my personal view about server settings, it's just a simple concept that would like to help players and hosts to enjoy AC to the top.

Also i'd like to say, it would be pretty nice and useful to add a proper MP mask into main menu UI (similar to rf 1) to help players creating server as fast as easy, then for istance when clicking on CREATE the command may launch the ACserver setting and then on saving it return back to main menu UI to run the server by clicking START

Allow host to quit the event without closing the server and when the host is in the main menu UI he/she can stop the server by clicking STOP; on click a message will popup to running players on server that will warn the server is going to close in %time_logoff)

It would be nice to list. and filter. servers by type of event in progress such as:
    -Single event race
    -League
    -Test
    with a quick summary of info and settings related to the game in progress

this may allow users to recognize the kind of game they want to join.

now read the following sections and place your comment

server_cfg
    Code:
    [SERVER]
    UDP_PORT=9450
    TCP_PORT=9450
    HTTP_PORT=8081
    NAME=ACServer1
    CARS=entry_list.ini
    TRACK=event_list.ini
    MAX_CLIENTS=3
    MAX_PING_ALLOWED=200
    SYNC_CUSTOM_SKIN_ALLOWED=0                   ; syinc custom skins from/to server
    LOCK_CUSTOM_SKIN_TO_GUID=0                    ; allow custom skin to associated GUID
    FORCE_COCKPIT_VIEW=1
    REPLAY_SAVE=1  ;save replay 0 = off, 1 = on
    REPLAY_SIZE=25 ;size MB
    RACE_OVER_TIME=20
    REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
    PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=1
    SLEEP_TIME=1
    VOTING_QUORUM=75
    VOTE_DURATION=20
    BLACKLIST_MODE=0
    CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ=20
    LOOP_MODE=1
    PASSWORD=
    SERVER_MESSAGE=srv_msg.ini
    PUBLISH_STATS=127.0.0.1

[SETTING]
    ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2
    DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=80
    FUEL_RATE=1
    TYRE_WEAR_RATE=1
    TYRE_BLANKETS_ALLOWED=0
    TYRE_MAX_WEAR=3    ; how many wears must be used on event
    BALLAST=0
    PITSTOP_MANDATORY=0
    FIXED_SETUP=0
    RACE_RULES=1
    REFUEL=0
    MECHANICAL_REPAIR=0
    CHASSIS_REPAIR=1

[ASSISTS]
    TC_ALLOWED=0
    ABS_ALLOWED=0
    STABILITY_ALLOWED=0
    AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED=0
    AUTOGEAR_ALLOWED=0

[PRACTICE]
    NAME=Practice
    WAIT_TIME=30
    PRACTICE_TIME=event_list.ini

[QUALIFY]
    NAME=Qualify
    WAIT_TIME=30
    QUALIFY_TIME=event_list.ini
    ENABLE_HOTLAP_QUALIFYING_MODE=1 ; one outlap / one hotlap
    WARNING_MESSAGE=Warning, %username% You need to confirm, that you want your car to be placed on the grid!

[RACE]
    NAME=Race
    FORMATION_LAP=0 ; 0= OFF 1=ON
    WAIT_TIME=10
    RACE_LAPS=event_list.ini
    LOCK_MIDRACE_JOINING_CARS_TO_PIT=1
    COUNTDOWN_SEND_STATIC_CARS_ON_GRID_TO_PIT=10 ; time in sec.

event_list
    Code:
    [CHAMPIONSHIP]
    NAME=
    QUALIFY_LAPS=0                              ; maximum laps per qualify 0 = no lap limits
    RACE_MODE=0                                  ; race mode 0 = single race, 1 = two races
    RACE_START_TIME=14    
    RACE_LENGHT=30                            ; max race lenght (mins)
    RACE_SWITCH_GRID=1                  ; switch position after the end of race one 1 = enabled
    RACE_SWITCH_POS=6                    ; how many positions to switch
    WAIT_TIME=30

[CALENDAR]
    EVENT#1=monza                                 ; Track
    TIME_MULTIPLIER=1                       ; Time multiplier 1= real time
    PRACTICE_START_TIME=10
    PRACTICE_LENGHT_TIME=20
    QUALIFY_START_TIME=13
    QUALIFY_LEGHT=20                        ; Qualify lenght (mins)
    RACE_LAPS=10

weather
    Code:
    [WEATHER]
    DYNAMIC_WEATHER=1
    SKY=0                                             ; values range from 0 to 10
    DYNAMIC=5                 ; how dynamic weather is during the event
    UMIDITY=30               ; percentage of umidity
    TEMP=16                       ; temp in °C
    WIND_SPEED=7.5     ; wind speed in KM/H
    WIND_DIRECTION=0   ; wind direction (degrees)

server messages
    Code:
    [SERVER MESSAGE]
    LOBBY=message describtion in lobby
    WELCOME=Welcome to %servername%
    WELCOME_INTERVAL=120    ; shows the welcome message every 120 secs
    CHAT_ALLOWED=1    ; Chat enabled 0 = no 1 = yes
    DRIVER_JOIN=Welcome %username% your ping is  %ping%
    WARNING_MESSAGE=Warning, %username% Accidents not allowed you have %penalties% penalties left when u have no more penalties to pay you will be kicked from server
    WARNING_PING=Warning %username% your ping is high, if value exceed the max  %maxping% you will be kicked from server
    SHOW_WARNING_MESSAGE_TO_ALL=0    ;

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room More server features please Dec 21, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server - No servers in your region. May 8, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer [ALG] Server startup (need staff/interested persons) Apr 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant fetch any server (since UTC 1200 Sunday 21 Apr 2024) Apr 21, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Dedicated Server Not Working After Update Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Moon Icon Serverlist Feb 7, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024

3. Excelent options

4. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

any other suggestion is hugely apreciated

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Some people are reading this and think it's for real even though it's in the 'Suggestions' forum.
    Just to throw some perspective onto it I tried this too....

END_WORLD_HUNGER=1
    LOWER_TAXES=1
    GENERATE_WINNING_LOTTERY_NUMBERS=1

Nope, doesn't work :(

:D

InspektorMarek and FONS like this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i like some of those ideas :)

need an option in there to limit tyres as well. and maybe ballast or fixed setup.

i dont know how it could work but i think tyres especially is badly needed for car balancing and enjoying anything other than the optimum set of tyres

SimonTek likes this.
  7. Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt Racer

Very nice options SimonTek. Do someone of these options work in Assetto Corsa server right now?

8. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

not yet
    this is what my concept would be about server settings and management. but these ideas are not yet scheduled by kunos
    i hope many people will read this and raise questions and ideas here then kunos may plan something about it.

9. Just to raise this 3D.

Hoping Kunos will take care about that

10. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

thankyou, i truly hope so!

11. Hany

Hany Alien

12. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

My suggestion:

[QUALIFYING]
    ENABLE_HOTLAP_QUALIFYING_MODE=1 ; one outlap / one hotlap
    WARNING_MESSAGE=Warning, %username% You need to confirm, that you want your car to be placed on the grid!

[RACE]
    LOCK_MIDRACE_JOINING_CARS_TO_PIT=1
    COUNTDOWN_SEND_STATIC_CARS_ON_GRID_TO_PIT=10 ; time in sec.

SimonTek likes this.
  13. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

thanks, i added them
    :)

Hagen likes this.
  14. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

You missed accelerated time :)

15. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

please, could you explain the option better?

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The rate at which time goes by in a race.

1x = 1 real min to 1 game min
    2x = 1 real min to 2 game mins
    5x = 1 real min to 5 game mins
    10x = 1 real min to 10 game mins
    20x = 1 real min to 20 game mins
    60x = 1 real min to 60 game mins

We could start off early in the am, race while the sun comes up all the way until it goes down.

17. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

thanks, i added that line on event list
    TIME_MULTIPLIER=1

18. Diogo César

Diogo César Rookie

I want those too !

19. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

let's make this thread a success.. with your help we can make it!

20. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

some new idea.. i was browsing this forum as usual and few days ago i found http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rosso-corsa-theme-new-ui-layout.20763/
    because of it i got an idea i want to realize.. making an UI (enhance) the online page which allows users to manage server launcher through it so you can easily edit server_cfg and entry_list files, save settings and start/stop server.. and why not upload setting to remote server

21. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please stay focused on your original topic, this is too important - no need to branch this. Handy server config tools may come alone and without Kunos' help - your server options not.
    It's not a difficult task, just had to find some time for that.