1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup: Ferrari F138@Monza?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rex, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Rex

Rex Racer

Anyone care to share a good setup for this combo, please? It's the combo for special event Tunnel Vision. I got bronze with default but it feels Gold is in the setup... and this car, of course, has so many options.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Cota | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 2:04.902 Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Donington | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:26.430 Aug 13, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:33.227 May 7, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 Challenge - 2:02.522 Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Physics Ferrari Setup Screen Suspension Telemetry Bugged? Mar 17, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza - Wet (Rain) | Hot Lap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:56.823 Oct 6, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Hot Lap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:22.692 Jun 4, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Hot Lap + Setup - Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:53.808 Feb 17, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Racing Club International AM Suzuka Pole and Ferrari Setup Aug 29, 2020
    ACC Physics Ferrari Zolder Setup Jan 29, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Ferrari 488 Gt3 Base Setup @Hungary 1:43.791 Apr 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Ferrari stock setups for Hungaroring Dec 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Ferrari 488 GT3 Hot Lap + Setup @ Hungary 1:44.082 Dec 18, 2018

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I took a look at this challenge and it seems to be a tough one, at least in the default setup. With the amazing rear stability of the F138, I was however able to turn the rear wing down to 3 (front balanced to something like 8 or 9, iirc) and that took me close to silver (around 1:26.5 if I hadn't made a mistake in Parabolica).
    The rest being pretty much standard on soft tyres.

For a 1:24, I think more tweaks are necessary, though.
    While it can happen very fast in these cars that you gain 1:24, I think that it's close to impossible without significant changes to the setup.
    Does make sense, though as the default setup is obviously adapted to high-downforce tracks, which Monza clearly isn't.

Also, the "normal" start into the challenge is totally inappropriate in this case. You definitely need to start from the pits and do a very conservative outlap.
    And keep in mind that on the straight you can use the KERS twice, so make sure you use it up before crossing the line (thus starting the hotlap).

4. Rex

Rex Racer

I'll try the wing settings. Good tip about using the Kers before the hotlap.

5. Vassilis

Vassilis Gamer

6. Rex

Rex Racer

I don't understand, just tried now. I am +4s from my best time that I did a few days ago, with my old setup. It's like it's a different game... I don't understand what the hell happened.

7. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

With a decent setup (vs default), you can improve your best time by about 4 seconds, which is a huge amount of time. Especially in a F1 car, on Monza. It turns the game into a flight simulator, kinda.

8. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Using a different setup I made a lap 4 seconds faster on Spa.

The default setup is good to learn how to drive, but its not fast.

9. Vassilis

Vassilis Gamer

With the setup from race department I eventually did a 26.5. Got bronze right away and then I tried hard to get as close to silver as possible.

10. Rex

Rex Racer

@Vassilis I wanted to ask you, why did you set up different values for the wings, how does it work if you do that? It is because of Parabolica?

11. Vassilis

Vassilis Gamer

It's not my setup. I guess because Monza is a clockwise track, it helps having the right flap higher. I have no idea what the theory is behind it though. By the way, I did a 26.1 yesterday. Someone better can easily get silver.

12. slopps

slopps Simracer

decided to reboot this thread - 26's are very slow, forget that.
    are there any aliens on here willing to share their 1.22's setup?
    Or can anyone help point out where i'm going wrong with mine?
    I can do mid 1.24's in quali - not much slower in the race really.
    But some of the guys in quali are doing high 1.22's - so i'm doing something fundamentally wrong with the setup. can anyone help?

EDIT: someones posted a 1.22.7 setup in race department....will give that a go now and report....

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
    VALUE=1
    [INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
    VALUE=6
    [INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
    VALUE=5
    [INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
    VALUE=6
    [INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
    VALUE=6
    [INTERNAL_GEAR_7]
    VALUE=10
    [INTERNAL_GEAR_8]
    VALUE=5
    [FINAL_RATIO]
    VALUE=5

[TYRES]
    VALUE=0
    [PRESSURE_LF]
    VALUE=17

[PRESSURE_RF]
    VALUE=17

[PRESSURE_LR]
    VALUE=17

[PRESSURE_RR]
    VALUE=17

[FUEL]
    VALUE=18

[ARB_FRONT]
    VALUE=8

[ARB_REAR]
    VALUE=3

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
    VALUE=2

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
    VALUE=30

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
    VALUE=2

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
    VALUE=30

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
    VALUE=4

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
    VALUE=50

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
    VALUE=4

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
    VALUE=50

[SPRING_RATE_HF]
    VALUE=5

[SPRING_RATE_HR]
    VALUE=2

[WING_1]
    VALUE=12

[WING_2]
    VALUE=12

[WING_3]
    VALUE=3

[CAMBER_LF]
    VALUE=-29

[TOE_OUT_LF]
    VALUE=35

[CAMBER_RF]
    VALUE=-29

[TOE_OUT_RF]
    VALUE=35

[CAMBER_LR]
    VALUE=-24

[TOE_OUT_LR]
    VALUE=-45

[CAMBER_RR]
    VALUE=-24

[TOE_OUT_RR]
    VALUE=-45

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LF]
    VALUE=5

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
    VALUE=6

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LF]
    VALUE=8

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
    VALUE=15

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RF]
    VALUE=5

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
    VALUE=6

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RF]
    VALUE=8

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
    VALUE=15

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LR]
    VALUE=6

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
    VALUE=21

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LR]
    VALUE=9

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
    VALUE=24

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RR]
    VALUE=6

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
    VALUE=21

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RR]
    VALUE=9

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
    VALUE=24

[FRONT_BIAS]
    VALUE=57

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_HF]
    VALUE=10

[DAMP_BUMP_HF]
    VALUE=19

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_HF]
    VALUE=18

[DAMP_REBOUND_HF]
    VALUE=24

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_HR]
    VALUE=7

[DAMP_BUMP_HR]
    VALUE=20

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_HR]
    VALUE=14

[DAMP_REBOUND_HR]
    VALUE=21

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LF]
    VALUE=150

[PACKER_RANGE_LF]
    VALUE=50

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RF]
    VALUE=150

[PACKER_RANGE_RF]
    VALUE=50

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LR]
    VALUE=150

[PACKER_RANGE_LR]
    VALUE=119

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RR]
    VALUE=150

[PACKER_RANGE_RR]
    VALUE=119

[CAR]
    MODEL=ks_ferrari_f138

Vassilis likes this.
  13. magzire

magzire Alien

12/3 on the wing is way to low. try 14/9 and ride height 15/30. I manage a 1:22:700

Vassilis likes this.
  14. slopps

slopps Simracer

i you 'pyscho333' on race department? lol
    any chance you could post a replay of that, maybe i'm not cutting the chicanes anywhere near enough. i'll go back in and try again. i'm down to a 24.1 now with that 1.22.7 race department setup.

15. magzire

magzire Alien

Nope, but I didn't record it. Suppose I could do it again. Also track temp was 14oC.

16. slopps

slopps Simracer

140 or 14???
    i've just set it on 20, optimum grip. i'm down to a 1.23.9 but definitely 3 tenths more in there so 1.23.6.
    i used that setup you gave and put more wing but don't see how i can get into 1.22's unless i learn how to cut the chicanes perfectly. replay would be helpful to see what you're doing compared to me.
    and confirm track temperature please, maybe that makes the difference lol.
    By the end of the hotlap all 4 tyres are burnt, like 110+ degrees each.

17. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Air temp is what matters.

the 1.22s are all 10°C

for the challenge @ 28°C of course it is hard to go below 1.24 but it's doable. you need something like 14-8 wings and lower the car at least 15 mm all around.

Vassilis likes this.
  18. magzire

magzire Alien

14 Celsius :)

19. magzire

magzire Alien

uploading. even made a balls of t2 and still get 22's

20. magzire

magzire Alien

Vassilis likes this.
  21. slopps

slopps Simracer

ok well i just did a 23.044 when i set track temperature to 14 degrees, ambient 10..... so.....
    my point is those guys in the server online were doing high 22's with 24 degrees track temp lol.....