1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup parameters values misunderstanding

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mitja Bonca, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

What is confusing me about the setting up cars: for some parameters like camber and toe, you are not moving a slider in the same direction on all cars. I mean, to move to more negative camber on some car you move the slider left, on another car you go move the sider to right.
    What would be batter to do in the user interface:
    - toe: move slider to left for more negative; so more toe-out, and move slider to right for more toe-in
    - camber: there should be zero somewhere in the middle! By moving slider to left, you increase negative camber, and by moving camber to right, you increase positive camber
    - same goes for all other parameters (make is simple and logical)

And this should be the same all ALL the cars in AC.
    Please make it more logical, not that I (all of us) has to look at the number and the +/- marks, into which direction to move; its really confusing.

thx

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Wet tyres changes setup parameters? Apr 16, 2020
    Suggestions Texture switch when changing setup parameters Sep 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Springs parameters setup - shelby cobra Feb 20, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Setup.ini parameters and default setup Jun 25, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023

3. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

But isnt this how you do it with real cars too??
    And thats what they intended here in AC. (think Aris mentioned it somewhere)
    You adjust suspension with clicks in whatever rotation the manufacturer wanted (clockwise or counter) or add spacers in whichever position they left you enough space and you would have to break out the speciul equipment to measure exact degrees.
    Though I admit it is kinda confusing, I got used to it very quickly!

4. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

The real car is not set-up with mouse click, so here stops all similarity with a real car. I don`t get it, why complicating things.

5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Well, the mouse clicks simulate the knobs turning or spacers added. (get the pun?)
    Plus I forgot to mention that a ±0.02 toe should be practically 0. (dont quote me on that though)
    Anyways, guess if enough people have trouble with it they will change it, personally I dont mind either way.