1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ShadowPlay with AC?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by JakeDunc, Apr 5, 2014.

1. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Originally posted to see how you guys manage to record with ShadowPlay (had problems). But what would be cool if you'd share your setting for optimal quality:size ratio. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Towe1ey

Towe1ey Rookie

What problems were you having? I use ShadowPlay and I've set it to High in quality, but that's it.

3. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

It just wouldn't run, and I assumed it's because my GeForce Experience won't find and add AC to the list of games. A reinstall solved that though. :)

4. Towe1ey

Towe1ey Rookie

That's odd.. GeForce hasn't detected mine either, just noticed that. In any case, it might sound dumb, but have you made sure the ShadowPlay's menu "switch" is turned on?

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Works fine for me, only works in full screen mode and make sure its turned on as said above. Make sure you set a folder and I also set it so there is an icon showing its on bottom right. I just use manual mode dont really want it to run all the time but just have HQ at 30fps.

AC doesnt need to be found by GF experiance and shadow play will work in any full screen app. It doesnt work in the menu of ac not that you really need it to so only once your on track.

6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

this worked w/out a problem for me as well. missed a cool moment in a game once & flipped it on.

7. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

I tried ShadowPlay a few weeks ago. Works fine, more "fluid" than Fraps. But one major issue let me get back to Fraps though: The sound-volume is much too low!
    Fraps records around original level, but SP roughly only half of it!
    Don't think there's a solution for this, because you can't really influence sound-settings in SP except the switch between "ingame" and "ingame plus mic". :(

8. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Hm, I just tried this for the 1st time today and it doesn't work for me at all.

I selected the save and temp locations, tried both shadow and manual, set to high, swich ON and in AC I can see the icon when I press save, it shows me it's saving/recording, but when I look into the save folder is empty.

Also AC is not seen by Geforece Experience.

What did you reinstall GE or AC?

edit: I reinstalled GE and it's working now. Meh.

No more issues.

9. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Glad you found the solution. I too reinstalled GE, not sure why but that fixed all of my problems. Here's a video I recorded to test it out, it's 1:57:380 with a X-Bow on Imola. The video was around 300mb.

10. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

What settings did you use?

I found out the optimal settings between file size and quality for me to be 30 fps @ 20mb/s. I also don't have any hit on the fps in game when recording, which I find great, because I wasnt expecting that.
    I tried with 60 fps, but I get stuttering in the video.

So far I think is better than Fraps or Badicam. I'm actually impressed.

I seen someone said he has issues with the volume of the sound in the video recorded by ShadowPlay, I don't have any sound issues. It'a at 100%.

P.S. I've tested it in Crysis 3 a little and seems to work just fine.

11. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Honestly, this ShadowPlay thingy is starting to shape up to be one of the major reasons to go for nVidia over AMD. Yup, that's how much I love it, the performance hit is almost non-existent and I find the shadow recording a terrific asset, especially in racing and FPS games.

Above video was recorded on custom settings, 720p, 30fps and 20mbps. :)

12. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Hmm, as I see in your video JakeDunc, you seem not to have problems with sound-volume! Strange... o_O

13. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Perhaps you set it to record both your mic and the in-game sound, and the software automatically lowered the game's sound output? Just a wild guess. :)

14. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Nope. :p
    Checked it twice and even switched between the two options to make sure it's really selected.
    Maybe I'll give it a try using HDMI-Sound from my 660Ti. It's already connected to my AVR, so no big deal.

15. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Ok, did some testing. Recorded the same AC-replay with a) Fraps + Asus Soundcard, b) SP + Asus Soundcard, c) SP + HDMI-Sound via 660Ti.

a) Volume 100% (reference)
    b) Volume ~70%
    c) Volume 100% !!

Didn't expect that tbh. So I'll give SP a go in my next video, allthough I did not like the overall complicated HDMI-handling (two screens, of which only one is actually used, second must be activated for HDMI-sound; AVR and PC must be switched on in a specific order to get HDMI to work...).
    What I like in ShadowPlay, is the possibility to record the video in a different resolution than the game! E.g., I play with 1080p, but record in 720p.

Just curious: What sound-source do you guys use with ShadowPlay?

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Nvidia High Definition Audio thru HDMI on my 47" LG HDTV.

Always used this since day 1, never the on board Realtek sound from my MB. I have that completely disabled so it won't interfere or cause issues.

17. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

I use Realtek from my Mobo.