1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Six Degrees

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by deathsquid, Mar 14, 2014.

1. deathsquid

deathsquid Gamer

There seems to be many different desires and request for AC dev's to do this and that. Like changeable weather, time of day, etc etc, why cant we all just accept that what we have now is beyond what we expected and settle.

It seems that there is always "I want this" and "I want that", but in reality what you are going to get it what the dev's have put their time an effort into from experience. I thought the concept of the open beta was for us to comment on the current progression and to give feedback on that, not to wish for unrealistic things that may well be addressed in the future. caveat on this is that this is the most tame and dev friendly forum I have aver encountered.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room HISTORIC SIX HOURS OF SPA CLASSIC 2020 May 10, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #129 – Sixth element is seventh heaven May 19, 2019
    Console Lounge W.H.C.C. Championship League at Round Six Mar 18, 2019
    Bug reports Frame rate Barcelona s/p 911gt3rs flat sixes Feb 14, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa deep six rally art Apr 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Nagp assetto corsa gt2 round six live from red bull ring in 30 minutes!! Apr 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Back from the six hours of the glen Jul 3, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I can’t turn more than 90 degrees Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thoughts on degrees of rotation Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Is there a way to have car specific degrees of rotation? May 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Cockpit view only allows 54 degrees of FOV Nov 9, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals HELP! Steering Lock/degrees/ratio - wheel not matching with in-game wheel Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC - Rotation whell degrees Problems Aug 12, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars at a 15 degrees angle on a flat track Aug 11, 2019

3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Yes, I agree

4. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I think what makes this place so Dev friendly is that fact that the Dev's are always around, constantly updating and getting involved and 'simmers' tend to mature people, not COD-Kiddies that only play to annoy other people and cheat their way to the top of leaderboards.

RaceDepartment used to be like this years ago, but I`m not keen on the direction the website/forum has taken in recent years and I don't feel the urgency to visit daily, like I do here (or every spare second I get when I`m at work lol).

5. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I'm now stifling a scream every time somebody demands MP NOW! despite damage, race weekends, pitstops, penalties, flags etc. not yet fully implemented in the game. Every thread there's someone asking for it! :D

sketchyterry and Festa_PWR like this.
  6. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

As my parents used to say " . . . You get what you're given"

It was usually applied to me wanting something else for me tea, but it's still relavent lol

Zantium and Ethan Dean like this.
  7. Grandmother used to say "L'erba voglio cresce solo nel giardino del Re",
    let's see, something like "the 'I-want' grass only grows in the King's garden" o_O

I always wanted to get to that garden :p

Indeed this forum is a good place, I think the developers are having good feed-backs and feel the mood of dedicated players (though I think they have to consider a wider audience).

... it is just so human to always want more.
    Ideals, for which I intend aims beyond reach, drive human progress, it is not important that they are not achievable because by their existence (in our mind) they define the direction of the effort, thus they have practical value not in the reaching (by definition unattainable) but in the going toward, thus in the actual progress they cause...
    So ideals have a fundamental rational and practical role... (freely inspired by Kant).

A digression, as a necessary safety measure, just never forget ideals don't have absolute unchangeable existence of their own, we conceive them in our mind, and they are borne from the understanding of what we feel here and now and very very concretely. As any understanding they are constantly changing, and nothing but empty if what it is that is being understood is forgotten...
    Never sacrifice the man for his ideals.

So what we do when we all come up with "I want this! I want that!", we basically impersonate the role of emotions given to the rational mind, the developers.
    It is their role to understand (or comprehend) the chaotic irrational input we provide, to give it the structure of a consistent ideal to direct their effort.
    Of course they have their own very consistent experience and ideas to add to the mix, and then cope with what is practical and what is not, that's how it works.
    Theirs is the hard task, we are the jolly wishers and beneficiaries of their work!
    But even our silly "I want it!" might have a tiny role to play, we just have to remember what the developers are giving us, and no doubt we should be thankful!

Now let me give this other very fundamental piece of wisdom that would surely change Your life forever...

... ah, wait, AC's update has finished, well, I guess I'll tell You next time.

Bye!
    :D

8. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

People are fed up cos its the start off the sim league season and communities are hoping to stay together, these delays are pushing peoole back to iracing and other commitments on other sims at other leagues...its not unreasonable for hardcore simracers to be a bit upset, I certainly empathise, after AC who wants to go back to rfactor or drop money on iracing or have servers sitting empty for another month...granted casual gamers dont care for this time off year but league admins do

9. Bailey

Bailey Alien

If you think about it we might not have ever had removable steering wheels, HDR settings, controller settings, and a few other "sim necessary" things if it wasn't for people asking for those things.
    ~Bailey

spiritofsenna likes this.