1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

So, what is the story regarding F2004 skinning limitations?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dewald Nel, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

I proposed an F2004 league to a league administrator, and he said we can't because we're not allowed to skin the cars - that's why there isn't even a template for the car - besides the 3rd party one, which seems to be "illegal" in some way, judging by the text from the author.

So, what is this based on? Why can't we skin a car like this for league use?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Competition history didn't update since 1.6.1 Nov 21, 2020
    ACC User Interface A few innacuracies in the History of the circuits section Jun 2, 2020
    ACC User Interface Competition history is wrong Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race results history Oct 27, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Historic Racing League (HRL) - Emulating Formula 1 history Jun 30, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Just lost a week's worth of driving history in safety rating Jun 21, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA dropped due history data loss Jun 21, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Another VR Horror Story Jan 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Drifting without doing story? Jan 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room 7:01 - The Story of Viper's Return to the Green Hell FULL DOCUMENTARY (2018) Feb 10, 2018
    Chit Chat Room The Daytona Coupe Story with Peter Brock – Part 1 The Need for a Faster Cobra Oct 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Story behind this pic coming wednesday Sep 25, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Achievement : True Story (GOLD) May 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room The history of the Mazda 787B Mar 30, 2017

3. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

As far as I know there is no such thing as illegal skin.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, can’t say I’ve ever heard of this. I’m sure Ferrari wouldn’t like to see their car in a Mercedes/Red Bull livery but don’t believe there is any legality issues with it, at least none that would ever be perused by anyone. Just Kunos themselves weren’t allowed to offer them for obvious reasons

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Orne

Orne Alien

I've never heard this before, bizarre ! Tons of skins for this car over at Race Department. There isn't a template for this car, perhaps because of this someone assumed it was "illegal" to reskin the car. shrug....

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I have a deep blue F2004 I did with Content Manager, not a problem.

7. Dewald Nel

So, if someone creates a league with the F2004 and custom skins, neither Kunos or Ferrari would have a problem with that?

Would still appreciate some official word on it nonetheless.

And also I would like to understand why they don't include official templates for the Ferrari F1 cars.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

If you want professional advice you will need a lawyer. There is nothing that says you can’t do it and many leagues have, currently do and will do so in the future

9. Dewald Nel

Why a lawyer? I don't understand your point. Surely someone from Kunos should be able to say "Yes it's allowed" or "No, it isn't allowed".

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

They can’t say not allowed because it’s not really their place, it’s Ferrari’s they can’t say allowed because someone may get upset. Why do you need permission? Just a personal thing?

11. Dewald Nel

They would have to know since they will have had to sign some agreement with Ferrari, these things aren't just agreed on willy-nilly.

I just want to know what the rights are, and obviously they left out an official template for a reason, and I'm trying to figure out whether it's tied to the skinning rights (or lack thereof) or not.

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Even if there was an issue it's extremely unlikely anyone would come after the end user. A couple years ago Reiza got in trouble with FOM for having official skins for the fantasy F1 cars that too closely resembled the real thing and they were forced to remove them from the game but no action was taken against any players and there was no concern about user-created skins. Basically, as long as you're not selling your custom skins there will be no issue.